What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Was 6.1 this morning over the last couple of months have been a lot higher and lower.

I know my absence may have caused some concern for some and would like to reassure every one that I am in a better state now and will be back as a regular again.

I had hoped that 2021 would be an improvement on 2020 but from day one things turned out to be not too great day one computer went into self destruct mode have now rebuilt it but then was cheered up when I was able to collect my new car from the dealer five days later hit snow and ice and the back of a lorry a little of a panful experience .

Then some good news was offered the Covid vaccination then ended up in a queue out side for an hour and a half temperature out side 1 degree centigrade next day MG kicked off big time and blood sugars went haywire.

The day I was supposed to collect the motor from the accident repair center got a phone call informing me the place had been closed down owing to a covid outbreak when I eventually was able to collect it was talking to the lady that ran the work shop admin and it seems she actually got covid with symptoms 4 weeks after having the vaccine.

Any way thanks all for having me back and will see you tomorrow Judith sends her love.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Was 6.1 this morning over the last couple of months have been a lot higher and lower.

I know my absence may have caused some concern for some and would like to reassure every one that I am in a better state now and will be back as a regular again.

I had hoped that 2021 would be an improvement on 2020 but from day one things turned out to be not too great day one computer went into self destruct mode have now rebuilt it but then was cheered up when I was able to collect my new car from the dealer five days later hit snow and ice and the back of a lorry a little of a panful experience .

Then some good news was offered the Covid vaccination then ended up in a queue out side for an hour and a half temperature out side 1 degree centigrade next day MG kicked off big time and blood sugars went haywire.

The day I was supposed to collect the motor from the accident repair center got a phone call informing me the place had been closed down owing to a covid outbreak when I eventually was able to collect it was talking to the lady that ran the work shop admin and it seems she actually got covid with symptoms 4 weeks after having the vaccine.

Any way thanks all for having me back and will see you tomorrow Judith sends her love.
Well it hasn'r been dull, Great to have you back. Peace be with you.

Last edited:
Reactions: dunelm and jjraak

lindisfel

Expert
Just been sent our latest Villqge Band recording a foot tapping English Dance tune, not everyone's taste but fun. Me on Banjo, Mandolin, Cajon, Bass Recorder, Mrs MC Soprano and Treble Recorder.

Mrs Cholmondeley’s and the Ellesmere Quickstep

I'm learning new stuff each day through Soundcloud, I received an email about one of the Recorder Quartet pieces from a Rapper who wanted to know if I would send them the Bach Trio he/she thought it "cool and amazing man" didn't know that phrase was still in use, and wanted to Blowup the piece, I have no idea what he meant, must do some research. :)
The kind of music that gives one restless legs.

lindisfel

Expert

Good to see you back, John.
D.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.8 today

not a good nights sleep last night and some strange dreams because of the howling wind outside but at least the snow is mostly gone and it was a pleasant sunny morning for our shopping trip :)

It is recycling bin day here today so I'm glad the wind had 'bated by lunchtime ;) it has been known to blow the recycling wheelie bin over :sorry:

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@dunelm - turned out very well, the trees have added scale and the mountains make for a fine landscape :)

@gennepher - you have a real eye for shape, that's an impressive silhouette of Popeye, you can almost feel him thinking about whatever he is is watching :joyful:

@BRSBRI - hoping the review goes well, but I'm sure it will :) lovely pictures thank you

@Mrs T 123 - fingers crossed here too :)

@Muddy Cyclist - lovely, such an expressive and colourful painting :joyful:
I like Mrs 'Chumley' good fun and well played all ;)

art bit - today's painting is also done from a photo I saw online - just a bit bigger than A5 in size.

upload_2021-4-7_20-16-47.jpeg

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Good to see you back x

Reactions: gennepher

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Wow what a bad run of life you have had. Great and a relief to know you are back though.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.8 today

not a good nights sleep last night and some strange dreams because of the howling wind outside but at least the snow is mostly gone and it was a pleasant sunny morning for our shopping trip :)

It is recycling bin day here today so I'm glad the wind had 'bated by lunchtime ;) it has been known to blow the recycling wheelie bin over :sorry:

@dunelm - turned out very well, the trees have added scale and the mountains make for a fine landscape :)

@gennepher - you have a real eye for shape, that's an impressive silhouette of Popeye, you can almost feel him thinking about whatever he is is watching :joyful:

@BRSBRI - hoping the review goes well, but I'm sure it will :) lovely pictures thank you

art bit - today's painting is also done from a photo I saw online - just a bit bigger than A5 in size.

View attachment 48750
Thank you for painting and music appreciation.

Hugs for bad nights sleep, winner for a lovely seascape, so much space and light just as I remember many Welsh beaches, wonderful watercolour.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Good to see you back on this thread and that you weren't seriously injured.

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
First in my minimal Spring Woodland watercolours completed. This was inspired by the warm sunny Mountain Bike rides week ago on the wild trails through dense Woodland.

A4 watercolour...
View attachment 48733
The blue/purple at bottom right is actually darker than my Blackberry Camera Phone shows it.

I have ideas for a couple of more on Woodland scenes.
Now I like this very very very much @Muddy Cyclist
It is one I would love to have painted myself...
I love the colours of the background, the group of trees.
Brilliant!

Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all! Or evening everyone!

Here's Greenland from me snapping a shot above the captain's chair and a spectacular view of Mount Rainier in Washington state as we passed by. 40/45 minutes now from San Jose, and hoping for a super shot of beautiful San Francisco as our flight plan takes us right over the city. We will also descend over my office in silicon valley, so hopefully I will grab that too and see how the new software performs.

We've made very good time. Brunch was cleared away and they've given me 2 ½ bottles of champagne as I can't drink and then hop into my Avis rental. Customs and immigration clearance will take 5 minutes I'm told - working for the bunch I do helps apparently!

Packed all my tech away after constant conference and video calls with planning spreadsheets doing my nut in! I can now catch up here!

Hope everyone is abfab Let's take a gander at the posts...View attachment 48734View attachment 48735
Stunning @BRSBRI
Those clouds look just like the fleece blanket on my bed...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.8 today

View attachment 48750
Hugs for the strange dreams x
Thank you very much @geefull for the silhouette compliment.
I was hoping all that would come through the silhouette...

The pool of water in the sand with the wooden posts and their reflections is brilliant. So effective. I love the whole painting.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Hi @JohnEGreen
Nice to see you back
Hugs for all the misfortunes this year.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Got the gas central heating service person due soon (it was not done last year 'cos of Covid even though I pay monthly for this, I think we need refunds for a lot of things), and still clearing out boiler cupboard...

So no time for a painting until later...

Take care.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Monty P sketch should be rewritten. I''m Ian and this is ........ Would simplify things for Newbies:angelic: Now you've done it, simplification - wasted hours of my life when I could have been in the nets:arghh:
Or Round The Horn? “Hello, I’m Ian and this is my friend Sandy”