What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
First in my minimal Spring Woodland watercolours completed. This was inspired by the warm sunny Mountain Bike rides week ago on the wild trails through dense Woodland.

A4 watercolour...
View attachment 48733
The blue/purple at bottom right is actually darker than my Blackberry Camera Phone shows it.

I have ideas for a couple of more on Woodland scenes.
The blue/purple works so well here - for me it’s out of the darkness of winter and into the light of spring.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all! Or evening everyone!

Here's Greenland from me snapping a shot above the captain's chair and a spectacular view of Mount Rainier in Washington state as we passed by. 40/45 minutes now from San Jose, and hoping for a super shot of beautiful San Francisco as our flight plan takes us right over the city. We will also descend over my office in silicon valley, so hopefully I will grab that too and see how the new software performs.

We've made very good time. Brunch was cleared away and they've given me 2 ½ bottles of champagne as I can't drink and then hop into my Avis rental. Customs and immigration clearance will take 5 minutes I'm told - working for the bunch I do helps apparently!

Packed all my tech away after constant conference and video calls with planning spreadsheets doing my nut in! I can now catch up here!

Hope everyone is abfab Let's take a gander at the posts...View attachment 48734View attachment 48735
Stunningly good photo’s

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Was 6.1 this morning over the last couple of months have been a lot higher and lower.

I know my absence may have caused some concern for some and would like to reassure every one that I am in a better state now and will be back as a regular again.

I had hoped that 2021 would be an improvement on 2020 but from day one things turned out to be not too great day one computer went into self destruct mode have now rebuilt it but then was cheered up when I was able to collect my new car from the dealer five days later hit snow and ice and the back of a lorry a little of a panful experience .

Then some good news was offered the Covid vaccination then ended up in a queue out side for an hour and a half temperature out side 1 degree centigrade next day MG kicked off big time and blood sugars went haywire.

The day I was supposed to collect the motor from the accident repair center got a phone call informing me the place had been closed down owing to a covid outbreak when I eventually was able to collect it was talking to the lady that ran the work shop admin and it seems she actually got covid with symptoms 4 weeks after having the vaccine.

Any way thanks all for having me back and will see you tomorrow Judith sends her love.
Great to have you back @JohnEGreen

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just been sent our latest Villqge Band recording a foot tapping English Dance tune, not everyone's taste but fun. Me on Banjo, Mandolin, Cajon, Bass Recorder, Mrs MC Soprano and Treble Recorder.

Mrs Cholmondeley’s and the Ellesmere Quickstep

I'm learning new stuff each day through Soundcloud, I received an email about one of the Recorder Quartet pieces from a Rapper who wanted to know if I would send them the Bach Trio he/she thought it "cool and amazing man" didn't know that phrase was still in use, and wanted to Blowup the piece, I have no idea what he meant, must do some research. :)
Another fine dancing tune

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.8 today

not a good nights sleep last night and some strange dreams because of the howling wind outside but at least the snow is mostly gone and it was a pleasant sunny morning for our shopping trip :)

It is recycling bin day here today so I'm glad the wind had 'bated by lunchtime ;) it has been known to blow the recycling wheelie bin over :sorry:

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@dunelm - turned out very well, the trees have added scale and the mountains make for a fine landscape :)

@gennepher - you have a real eye for shape, that's an impressive silhouette of Popeye, you can almost feel him thinking about whatever he is is watching :joyful:

@BRSBRI - hoping the review goes well, but I'm sure it will :) lovely pictures thank you

@Mrs T 123 - fingers crossed here too :)

@Muddy Cyclist - lovely, such an expressive and colourful painting :joyful:
I like Mrs 'Chumley' good fun and well played all ;)

art bit - today's painting is also done from a photo I saw online - just a bit bigger than A5 in size.

View attachment 48750
Thank you @geefull. A fine minimalist yet at the same time quite detailed painting from you today with a restricted palette. Superb. This year, parallel rows of stakes such as these have appeared towards the end of the beach due to very rough seas sweeping away sand. Local historians have no records of them and are scratching their heads as to what they were for. Mind you, archeologists have just found, about 6 miles away, the earliest salt production site ever found in the UK, dating to around 3,800BC.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Quickest ever post.
The long walk to my performance review; one with me in person and the other videoing in.

Place is practically deserted...built for 12000, maybe 100 if that in situ. Still it meant easy parking.

Here I go. 14 months of review about to commence.

Will chime in mid afternoon/3pm time UK tomorrow, that'll be 7am for me.

Amazing how nervous you get with this and I'm tired at 1130am!

Night all!

View attachment 48746

Hi,

I have to admit, some pretty impressive photos from your device.
Just a little disapointed we don't see you photo bombing/selfie style "suited & booted?" :cool:
(Unless it is more smart casual at Apple.)
Hope your appraisal went well.. :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.9 for me today. Baked Cauliflower and other veg probably overdid the parsnips again.

Meeting SOn in law this morning for a Muddy Cycle ride, he says we are riding from the Southern end of Cannock Chase starting at Daughters Home. I will Be getting my bike transporter out and on Wilfrid to get there or I'm faced with a 10 mile ride even before we started Mountain Biking and I already ache. :) I suspect 3 hours riding is in store knowing son in law, Oh to be 40 again.

Mrs MC is visiting MIL in nursing home, apparently costs have gone up 4% doesn't sound a lot but with costs of £1200 per week it makes a huge difference and lowered the number of years MIL can afford to pay for so Mrs MC is stressing.

Keep safe and make the day yours.

Reactions: BRSBRI

lindisfel

Expert
Hi,
The better half gets her second A.Z. this am with mixed feelings.
The story seems to be coming out in dribs and drabs and I am not sure we have had an accurate assessment of the probabilities yet? However, I am sure they are much better than having Covid in ones 70s and 80s.

5.8 this am.

Have good day all
D.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning everyone on a morning of mystery and anticipation here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of home made burger with a cauliflower and parmesan colcannon came in at 4.7 this am. (Blimey - just typed that without looking. Only one transposition and no keys locking - oh, that’s a four banked Imperial).

A new TV - or is it now an entertainment station or something - whatever, all this new fandangled electronic super smart tech takes forever to set up and even needs your mobile number so that it can send you codes and then you have to have your brain scanned and your eyeballs engraved with mystic symbols before answering the riddle of the Sphinx, ticking the squares containing traffic lights and swearing that you are in fact not related to Deep Blue.

Yesterday I was playing about with marbling on rice paper using ink -Mrs Miggins was not impressed with the kitchen sink but hey, that’s what bleach is for. Anyhow, some worked, some didn’t and some worked and then Mr Sausage fingers ruined them. Never mind. This one didn’t come out very well at all but I used the sooty smudge to do a quick (don’t think about the brush strokes) pair of wading birds. Hope that everyone has a most pleasant Thursday - I am now slurping koffy.

upload_2021-4-8_7-38-36.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.9 for me today. Baked Cauliflower and other veg probably overdid the parsnips again.

Meeting SOn in law this morning for a Muddy Cycle ride, he says we are riding from the Southern end of Cannock Chase starting at Daughters Home. I will Be getting my bike transporter out and on Wilfrid to get there or I'm faced with a 10 mile ride even before we started Mountain Biking and I already ache. :) I suspect 3 hours riding is in store knowing son in law, Oh to be 40 again.

Mrs MC is visiting MIL in nursing home, apparently costs have gone up 4% doesn't sound a lot but with costs of £1200 per week it makes a huge difference and lowered the number of years MIL can afford to pay for so Mrs MC is stressing.

Keep safe and make the day yours.
I gave you a winner but sad about the 4% increase for MIL - how are we going to keep up when such costs go up with interest on any saving being so low at present.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Took Arthur for a gallop around the undulating hills of Bath this morning and bumped into someone I hadn't seen for ages.

Turns out she is diabetic too, been diagnosed for a couple of years. Asked her how she's managing and the answer floored me. " I eat what I want and if I overdo it, I just dose up on Metformin or other tabs".

The stupidity not to mention disrespect for the care team who will be doing their best blew my brain...

I told MrsBRS and she rolled her eyes until they almost stuck...

I know a few people with that same attitude. There are shockingly a lot of people who do that - and when I think about the 'advice' I was given by my diagnosing GP (basically shut the hell up and take all the tablets I want to give you) it really doesn't surprise me.
HIS view was... "I will dose you up on Metformin, you don't need to manage your BGs with anything, just come back in six months" ... he was FURIOUS when I got my bloods down with LC and monitoring with a Libre and I had to plead with him to sign a Libre statement to take on flights along with spares. He told me to my face I was "wasting my money" to which I retorted it was my money to waste.

With attitudes like that in the healthcare profession, is it any wonder there are people out there who think metformin is a miracle tablet that lets them eat whatever the hell they want?

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,
The story seems to be coming out in dribs and drabs and I am not sure we have had an accurate assessment of the probabilities yet? However, I am sure they are much better than having Covid in ones 70s and 80s.

5.8 this am.

Have good day all
D.
Tricky decisions but for now it seems like the odds are well in favor of taking the jabs

Reactions: BRSBRI

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning everyone on a morning of mystery and anticipation here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of home made burger with a cauliflower and parmesan colcannon came in at 4.7 this am. (Blimey - just typed that without looking. Only one transposition and no keys locking - oh, that’s a four banked Imperial).

A new TV - or is it now an entertainment station or something - whatever, all this new fandangled electronic super smart tech takes forever to set up and even needs your mobile number so that it can send you codes and then you have to have your brain scanned and your eyeballs engraved with mystic symbols before answering the riddle of the Sphinx, ticking the squares containing traffic lights and swearing that you are in fact not related to Deep Blue.

Yesterday I was playing about with marbling on rice paper using ink -Mrs Miggins was not impressed with the kitchen sink but hey, that’s what bleach is for. Anyhow, some worked, some didn’t and some worked and then Mr Sausage fingers ruined them. Never mind. This one didn’t come out very well at all but I used the sooty smudge to do a quick (don’t think about the brush strokes) pair of wading birds. Hope that everyone has a most pleasant Thursday - I am now slurping koffy.

View attachment 48753
And it turned into a masterpiece, I like the effect you have managed to achieve by averting a potential disaster. Would hand that on a wall.

Hugs for baffling technology does make one think about their sanity. :)

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I gave you a winner but sad about the 4% increase for MIL - how are we going to keep up when such costs go up with interest on any saving being so low at present.
Thanks, interestingly we asked what happens when MILs money runs out, family top ups was the answer paying the difference from what the state puts in. No real figure given but anything between 200 and 500 per week was casually mentioned as though it's nothing.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

5.8 this am.

Have good day all
D.
Had mine yesterday and you can't help but think and worry about clots as the needle goes in. Your Better half was fine with the first jab so one assumes second won't be a problem.

Hug for worry though.