What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Open House here, the more the Merrier. Although our postage stamp garden could get a little crowded. :)
Very kind of you

Almost looking forward to the RZA...:);)

And no need to worry about being too crowded
I got a seat...and baggsied the "White one"
For you as I noticed you forgot.

so we'll be fine.

Ps. I'll bring wine :D

Reactions: geefull

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 this morning. Off shortly to early morning classes. Classes are local so so no traveling to Norwich today. Am quite tired this morning so it is good classes are local.
Great fbg and good that today's classes are local. How far is Norwich for you? - we are apparently 42 miles away but I've never considered it as an alternative to Cambridge even though it is obviously bigger, or maybe because of that.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are loosing the plot, me and me's are far ahead of you.

Another 5.5 this morning.

Mrs J is leaving me unsupervised today. .....planning is in it's early stages.

What ever your day enjoy and remember the stays.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning from Joe Biden's landing point - couldn't he just annex UK as he already runs 11 states bigger than us?. Maybe I'll sneak in with a neighbour and beg. Technically the base in West Row. My fbg could well have been the 4.9 shown on Swipey @5.33 . Close grouping as expected from 3 almost identical food days. Menu already copied and pasted minus 78% syrup in coffee. Enjoy your gardens @Muddy Cyclist, @lindisfel @gennepher and I guess @dunelm. If you are enjoying your garden today and I missed you, sorry. I can't enjoy a garden with visible housing back and sides. When we lived in a similar close we were screened by very high hedges and huge shed/workshop. Would need a 20-30 ft hedge here to blot out everything I want. If we stay here long there are bungalows backing on to a/the Forest where I may have the best chance of settling - they are near the cemetery;) Enjoy your day
I empathize @ianpspurs
I need any housing blotted out with vegetation.

Reactions: jjraak and dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from another dawn of sunshine here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of a fine bavette spoiled by too much red cabbage and roasted celeriac came in at 6.1 this am - or was it the gravy - are you allowed to stay gravy still?
The girl in the bubble yesterday - still excited about her new found skill - so, walk to the park (carry across the road), walk round the park - pram into town, walk up the high street - no sign of giving up until the 1400 hour clock strikes afternoon nap.
Then it’s kicking her football round the garden - laughing all the way.

Mrs Miggins and I are full of cold - drip, drip, drip - pass the Vicks. Very sore throat, cough, oh dear - still, it’s not like breaking a hip - just annoying. Noticed all the Ribwort Plantain in the park so may picks some leaves and make a tisane. Like it’s broad leafed cousin, good for all sorts of stuff - good salad leaves when young - bitter and tough when old.

Not been doing much in the art department - Mr Sniffles and also the let’s move furniture game. So, sketch of another Junk - just looking at ideas. Hope everyone has a good day. Try not to fall over - unless you are under 5 years old - time for koffy.

View attachment 49867
One amazing junk painting @dunelm

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I empathize @ianpspurs
I need any housing blotted out with vegetation.
Thanks @gennepher. I hope this is "CPD" for me from The Big Man to teach me something, help me "grow" and remind me how richly blessed I was to have lived 64 years with some part of each year in the previous location. Hopefully, when the house is ready for sale and I have been humbled enough, somewhere suitable will turn up for which I will be properly grateful. At least there are no AH neighbours here but as the song says, in terms of surroundings: if I hadn't known such riches I could live with being poor. You take care.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.3 today

rainy morning and we were up early and out to do the shopping :) My knee is a bit better today thank you though it's rather stiff, I think it's mainly the muscles behind my knee :sorry: Good job we got some grass cut yesterday though.

good advice @lindisfel I shall be looking out for one to wear when gardening I think :)

the rain has stopped for now but I think I've given my knee enough gentle exercise for today pottering round the shops with a trolley ;)

From a cupboard under the stairs we dug out a cool box which plugs into the 12v socket in the car. (mr gee says it has a peltier ;)), we took it out with us to try and put mum's ice cream in until we got it back to the freezer. Works pretty well :D

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@Muddy Cyclist - looks like a lovely spot to spend an evening :)

@gennepher - there are lots of wasps visit mum's garden too, unfortunately she is frightened because her face puffed up after being stung by a bee :sorry:
nice sketch with your new app. though I do agree there tends to be a big learning curve with new ones. Popeye is on guard I see ;)

@dunelm - hugs for the snuffly colds, I like the reflections of your sailing junk and look forward to seeing your ideas worked out :)

art bit -

painted on CP Bockingford paper and based on a screen cap from an episode of Poirot :hilarious:, I liked the composition ;)

upload_2021-6-9_17-28-26.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @gennepher. I hope this is "CPD" for me from The Big Man to teach me something, help me "grow" and remind me how richly blessed I was to have lived 64 years with some part of each year in the previous location. Hopefully when the house is ready for sale and I have been humbled enough, somewhere suitable will turn up for which I will be properly grateful. At least there are no AH neighbours here but as the song says, in terms of surroundings: if I hadn't known such riches I could live with being poor. You take care.
Thanks @ianpspurs
You take care too.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.3 today

rainy morning and we were up early and out to do the shopping :) My knee is a bit better today thank you though it's rather stiff, I think it's mainly the muscles behind my knee :sorry: Good job we got some grass cut yesterday though.

good advice @lindisfel I shall be looking out for one to wear when gardening I think :)

the rain has stopped for now but I think I've given my knee enough gentle exercise for today pottering round the shops with a trolley ;)

From a cupboard under the stairs we dug out a cool box which plugs into the 12v socket in the car. (mr gee says it has a peltier ;)), we took it out with us to try and put mum's ice cream in until we got it back to the freezer. Works pretty well :D

@gennepher - there are lots of wasps visit mum's garden too, unfortunately she is frightened because her face puffed up after being stung by a bee :sorry:
nice sketch with your new app. though I do agree there tends to be a big learning curve with new ones. Popeye is on guard I see ;)

@dunelm - hugs for the snuffly colds, I like the reflections of your sailing junk and look forward to seeing your ideas worked out :)

art bit -

painted on CP Bockingford paper and based on a screen cap from an episode of Poirot :hilarious:, I liked the composition ;)

View attachment 49879
One bad experience can make us fearful of another @geefull
Hugs for your mum...

Thanks. This new app is a big learning curve.....

I love this painting.
Your cliffs are amazing.
Bockingford is a nice paper to work with....

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very kind of you

Almost looking forward to the RZA...:);)

And no need to worry about being too crowded
I got a seat...and baggsied the "White one"
For you as I noticed you forgot.

so we'll be fine.

Ps. I'll bring wine :D
Deserved a funny but I gave you a winner for the wine. :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.3 today

art bit -

View attachment 49879
So imaginative and a great painting, rocky cliff is good but I really like the way you have painted the beach.

Them plug in cool boxes are great. Wilfrid the Camper does have a fridge and freezer but the cool box is still a great asset.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Went to daughters for a meal tonight and she cooked apologetically a Puff Pastry Fig Tart served with salad, followed by Strawberries, Raspberry and Greek Yogurt, I expected my blood sugars to go through the roof but 2 hours later a 5.2 recorded by Dracula. Will be interesting to see what the Morning delivers.

Good night all.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

I give up. Cat was crawling all over my iPad after I had done the sky in SketchesProApp. Which by the way I thought was quite competent. But it went downhill from there. He reset settings with his paw pad, he made another layer which altered the colour settings too, and managed to duplicate the painting which I could not achieve, and changed other stuff so I was unable to correct some lines, and did something to colour fill and so I was unable to colour fill and he ended up a tabby...

This took two hours to achieve, and I need a lie down with smelling salts...

Here is this morning's painting warts and all...
This app is intuitive for a cat to operate, but not for a simple minded human...

12323B14-68A4-4C4D-8391-243BF4AD4CC1.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.2 for me today.

Dull here so I have been ordered to clean the conservatory windows and upstairs windows. A layer of dust from some far off desert or more likely the demolished cooling towers a few miles away left them grubby and my sister and brother in law are arriving for the day Saturday, Mrs MC says we have to be spick and span. :(

Take care and bumble along accordingly.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

I give up. Cat was crawling all over my iPad after I had done the sky in SketchesProApp. Which by the way I thought was quite competent. But it went downhill from there. He reset settings with his paw pad, he made another layer which altered the colour settings too, and managed to duplicate the painting which I could not achieve, and changed other stuff so I was unable to correct some lines, and did something to colour fill and so I was unable to colour fill and he ended up a tabby...

This took two hours to achieve, and I need a lie down with smelling salts...

Here is this morning's painting warts and all...
This app is intuitive for a cat to operate, but not for a simple minded human...

View attachment 49896
Serves Popeye right for messing about. :) The words of Mrs Slocombe come to mind.:joyful:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning from a much cooler and overcast temporary lodging for POTUS. Fbg of 4.6 on Swipey very early doors. It would be good to have confidence in the accuracy, protective level that provides and the whole LC approach. I would be lying on all three counts but as Ms Armatrading said, I am not in love but I'm open to persuasion. @Muddy Cyclist Mrs MC is a harsh taskperson. I may buzz round with a vacuum and flick a duster in between watering, nursing and watching some cricket. @gennepher hug for frustration, winner for perseverance and humour. Have great day and don't let your guard drop for a second. TTFN alf.

Last edited: