What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
H Guys,
Spent the last 3+days in bed feeling exhasted only getting up for meals!
I didn't even go off my food when I had Sepsis in 1997.
But I feel I have turned a corner today.

I did the PCR test this am and then the Duchess posted it in Wigton. Should get results tomorrow, its not nice stroking one's tonsils with a probe... I gagged a lot....then twizzling it up ones nostrils ads to the thrill. The whole hassle is not user friendly.
Daughter helped out on whatsapp putting stuff on website but she has a long shift from 1100 to 2000 at a walk in.
Thanks for prayers and good wishes
Derek
So pleased to hear that you feel that you have turned a corner today. Hope you very soon feel a lot better.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.5 today

turned into a lovely sunny day after a grey start :)
We had already decided we would spend the day sorting 'stuff' out upstairs in. Like everyone else we have accumulated a lot :D

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@lindisfel - hope you feel more yourself soon

@dogslife - hope your move goes off smoothly after so long in one home :)

@SlimLizzy - tile adhesive is pesky stuff :sorry: It took our kitchen lobby ages to settle.

Different adhesive but same problem, I remember my dad putting up polystyrene tiles on their bedroom ceiling (many many moons ago when they were a new thing), and mum being woken by them floating down like leaves in autumn :hilarious: she was quite cheered though because she didn't like them and hadn't liked to tell Dad :D
Hope your upcoming trip goes smoothly :)

@dunelm - I like how your figure is drawn, it makes for a nicely scaled tree composition today :)
Hope your move goes well.

@gennepher - interesting experiment, I shall be curious to see how you can manipulate the images :)

art bit - a quick abstract landscape experiment on Hahnemuhle paper which has a different, smoother texture to the Bockingford

upload_2021-8-16_20-25-18.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.5 today

We had already decided we would spend the day sorting 'stuff' out upstairs in. Like everyone else we have accumulated a lot :D

@SlimLizzy - tile adhesive is pesky stuff :sorry: It took our kitchen lobby ages to settle.

Different adhesive but same problem, I remember my dad putting up polystyrene tiles on their bedroom ceiling (many many moons ago when they were a new thing), and mum being woken by them floating down like leaves in autumn :hilarious: she was quite cheered though because she didn't like them and hadn't liked to tell Dad :D

@dunelm - I like how your figure is drawn, it makes for a nicely scaled tree composition today :)

@gennepher - interesting experiment, I shall be curious to see how you can manipulate the images :)

art bit - a quick abstract landscape experiment on Hahnemuhle paper which has a different, smoother texture to the Bockingford

View attachment 50831
Thanks @geefull

Hope you had a good sort out.

Your painting is calming, peaceful, and flowing which I need a bit of right now.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. Rain forecast - so it looks like a catch up with indoor work, plus a reading and relaxing day (with lots of coffee of course)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.2

Took photos in the night but Pixel 3 playing up, or it might not have been, but it was emanating pink or blue or purple from the selfie screen (so the photos of Popeye were looking very weird...) which seemed to depend on the angle I was holding it at. It was also set at nighttime setting. I have urgent things to do and finish this morning, so no time to play/experiment with the photos until later.

It is like winter with the dull and gloomy rainy mornings, and the sun not getting up until later. I am not grumbling about the cooler temperatures, They are more preferable to me to the hot ones we were getting.

I got an email last night from my Fibromyalgia support group. And I thought great, I am looking forward to this. Until I read the do's and don't's...

You pay a yearly subscription, then you pay the weekly subscription and before Covid you got a speaker from outside, you got a reflexology or reiki treatment (the best part of this for me), you got food (which was usually a bowl of home made veg soup from her garden that R made and her home baked healthy cake), It was a lovely relaxing session.

Now R says we have to stick to all previous Covid restrictions (this group is based in England) and more, she sent a pdf of do's and don't's...
*15 people can come, and have to apply to her in advance by telephone
*we have to bring our own cushions, and antibacterial wipes for the chairs, and our own food and drink *we are not allowed to use the kitchen facilities *we have to wear masks at all times *we have to social distance the 2 metres *there are no speakers any more *we have to sit in the hard chair (the comfy armchairs have been removed) with our name on that R has carefully strategically socially distanced around the room with no walking around and mingling *you have to get a lateral flow test which you have to take that morning *you have to log on to the government trace and trace app * you have to book your car parking space by telephone and there are only 6 spaces available (there were 12 spaces in 2019 and you did not have to book then, is she social distancing the cars as well?) *there were more do's and don't's...

Blinking heck, all that sounds like hell to me with nothing nice about it. Actually hell would be more exciting and interesting.

I would find more relaxation and enjoyment staying at home with my feet in a footbath of magnesium salts, a fresh cream cake (yes I know!!!!) and a cuppa...with no travelling and no parking and it would be tons cheaper.

So that is a deaf person (me) well and truly stuffed on many counts in this post-apocalypse world, can't lipread through masks, can't use telephone to book a place or a car parking space and so on...

I think my enforced holiday at home is going to last quite a bit longer...

From gennepher's Holiday Camp in the wilds of her back garden...

Have a good day

P.S. I am half thinking of getting a broken down engineless original Volkswagen Camper van to put in my back garden as a workshop...go back to my flower power days...
I think I have been watching too much YouTube abandoned buildings...
I think I have finally gone stir crazy...
>^..^<

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you@dunelm. Wishing you happiness and contentment in your new home. We have spent 46 happy years in our house but it's not mobility friendly. We stayed here for so long to care for our parents who lived close by. Sadly three have passed away and mum has had to move to a nursing home so apart from good neighbours we have no real reason to stay.
We decided to move while we are still relatively active, before it is forced upon us - we are now having to decide which pieces of furniture and other goods and chattels are going on the small keep pile and what will end up on the mountain of ‘these must go’ pile/

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
H Guys,
Spent the last 3+days in bed feeling exhasted only getting up for meals!
I didn't even go off my food when I had Sepsis in 1997.
But I feel I have turned a corner today.

I did the PCR test this am and then the Duchess posted it in Wigton. Should get results tomorrow, its not nice stroking one's tonsils with a probe... I gagged a lot....then twizzling it up ones nostrils ads to the thrill. The whole hassle is not user friendly.
Daughter helped out on whatsapp putting stuff on website but she has a long shift from 1100 to 2000 at a walk in.
Thanks for prayers and good wishes
Derek
Well I hope that you are on the upward slope of the wellness graph.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.2

Took photos in the night but Pixel 3 playing up, or it might not have been, but it was emanating pink or blue or purple from the selfie screen (so the photos of Popeye were looking very weird...) which seemed to depend on the angle I was holding it at. It was also set at nighttime setting. I have urgent things to do and finish this morning, so no time to play/experiment with the photos until later.

It is like winter with the dull and gloomy rainy mornings, and the sun not getting up until later. I am not grumbling about the cooler temperatures, They are more preferable to me to the hot ones we were getting.

I got an email last night from my Fibromyalgia support group. And I thought great, I am looking forward to this. Until I read the do's and don't's...

You pay a yearly subscription, then you pay the weekly subscription and before Covid you got a speaker from outside, you got a reflexology or reiki treatment (the best part of this for me), you got food (which was usually a bowl of home made veg soup from her garden that R made and her home baked healthy cake), It was a lovely relaxing session.

Now R says we have to stick to all previous Covid restrictions (this group is based in England) and more, she sent a pdf of do's and don't's...
*15 people can come, and have to apply to her in advance by telephone
*we have to bring our own cushions, and antibacterial wipes for the chairs, and our own food and drink *we are not allowed to use the kitchen facilities *we have to wear masks at all times *we have to social distance the 2 metres *there are no speakers any more *we have to sit in the hard chair (the comfy armchairs have been removed) with our name on that R has carefully strategically socially distanced around the room with no walking around and mingling *you have to get a lateral flow test which you have to take that morning *you have to log on to the government trace and trace app * you have to book your car parking space by telephone and there are only 6 spaces available (there were 12 spaces in 2019 and you did not have to book then, is she social distancing the cars as well?) *there were more do's and don't's...

Blinking heck, all that sounds like hell to me with nothing nice about it. Actually hell would be more exciting and interesting.

I would find more relaxation and enjoyment staying at home with my feet in a footbath of magnesium salts, a fresh cream cake (yes I know!!!!) and a cuppa...with no travelling and no parking and it would be tons cheaper.

So that is a deaf person (me) well and truly stuffed on many counts in this post-apocalypse world, can't lipread through masks, can't use telephone to book a place or a car parking space and so on...

I think my enforced holiday at home is going to last quite a bit longer...

From gennepher's Holiday Camp in the wilds of her back garden...

Have a good day

P.S. I am half thinking of getting a broken down engineless original Volkswagen Camper van to put in my back garden as a workshop...go back to my flower power days...
I think I have been watching too much YouTube abandoned buildings...
I think I have finally gone stir crazy...
>^..^<
Blimey - the support group has turned into DIY depression experience - footbath and cream cake sounds like a good solution. Many years ago when we lived in Durham city, we had to cancel a holiday. I covered the parquet floor in the dining room with plastic, moved out the furniture and dumped a load of sand on top. A big print of somewhere tropical, couple of deck chairs, sun lamp, music, an ad hoc drinks trolley and an inflatable paddling pool - hey presto - we used it all week and even sent greetings cards to people. Old camper van - smashing idea.

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.5 today

View attachment 50831
Thank you @geefull, I wonder if I should add something on each tree to give that sense of scale? I like the colours chosen in your abstract landscape and the sense of movement that you describe.

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another damp, garden already watered, start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of all things chicken and eggs came in at 5.5 this am

Girl in the bubble yesterday - usually a Tuesday (and alternate Thursday’s) so a pleasant change - the route into town was the same though; into the park, over the bridge, feed the webbed ones, down to the sea front, say hello to the stone penguins. Didn’t walk down the beach though - a bit blustery and the tide was nearing it’s zenith. Late breakfast and then off to the GP surgery for Vera the vampire nurse to take bloods - masks turned it into a Japanese Noh play of Hanckock’s Half Hour.

Another tree today, from a photo taken when walking down a section of the River Thames last week. Have a tip top Tuesday - my koffy is going cold.

upload_2021-8-17_8-47-59.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all from Forest Heath. Much traffic from the nearby USAF - let's not pretend it's RAF- base. Afghanistan related? mainly a refuelling base. I must have slept really well as looking outside I obviously missed September. First Swipe - late for me at 7.02 - was 5.2. It doesn't pay to "cloak nor dissemble" that is too high on said device by up to a whole point. Weight (<74 kgs), resting pulse (sub 60), sleep length and score all fine but this is a D control thread/forum so no lipstick for that pig. Protein beat fat 110 -107 in the Eatwell V9876543210 cup, Eastern region. @geefull wonderful to see your art again. @gennepher hug for the fibro group downer but the camper van idea sounds interesting and very Gennepher., if I may. @dunelm I hope the bloods show everything is set fair for a long, active move. Good luck with a peaceful, regret free resolution of the what do we keep and what goes problem. I/we are still at least 1 skip from solving that one. @Krystyna23040 enjoy your relaxation. @lindisfel I pray the test comes back negative and recovery ensues forthwith. Have a great day folks and make a better fist of things than England's bowlers and batsmen managed. You never see Chris Silverwood and Wooster in the same room. hmm:angelic:Thought for the day: "mutant algorithms" is so last year. Y'all need a much bigger fig leaf.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Blimey - the support group has turned into DIY depression experience - footbath and cream cake sounds like a good solution. Many years ago when we lived in Durham city, we had to cancel a holiday. I covered the parquet floor in the dining room with plastic, moved out the furniture and dumped a load of sand on top. A big print of somewhere tropical, couple of deck chairs, sun lamp, music, an ad hoc drinks trolley and an inflatable paddling pool - hey presto - we used it all week and even sent greetings cards to people. Old camper van - smashing idea.
Sand and deckchairs on the parquet floor...that sounds like a brilliant week @dunelm

Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all from Forest Heath. Much traffic from the nearby USAF - let's not pretend it's RAF- base. Afghanistan related? mainly a refuelling base. I must have slept really well as looking outside I obviously missed September. First Swipe - late for me at 7.02 - was 5.2. It doesn't pay to "cloak nor dissemble" that is too high on said device by up to a whole point. Weight (<74 kgs), resting pulse (sub 60), sleep length and score all fine but this is a D control thread/forum so no lipstick for that pig. Protein beat fat 110 -107 in the Eatwell V9876543210 cup, Eastern region. @geefull wonderful to see your art again. @gennepher hug for the fibro group downer but the camper van idea sounds interesting and very Gennepher., if I may. @dunelm I hope the bloods show everything is set fair for a long, active move. Good luck with a peaceful, regret free resolution of the what do we keep and what goes problem. I/we are still at least 1 skip from solving that one. @Krystyna23040 enjoy your relaxation. @lindisfel I pray the test comes back negative and recovery ensues forthwith. Have a great day folks and make a better fist of dealing with issues than England's batsmen managed.
Thanks @ianpspurs
There was more air activity here as well, going to or from RAF Valley...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from another damp, garden already watered, start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of all things chicken and eggs came in at 5.5 this am

Girl in the bubble yesterday - usually a Tuesday (and alternate Thursday’s) so a pleasant change - the route into town was the same though; into the park, over the bridge, feed the webbed ones, down to the sea front, say hello to the stone penguins. Didn’t walk down the beach though - a bit blustery and the tide was nearing it’s zenith. Late breakfast and then off to the GP surgery for Vera the vampire nurse to take bloods - masks turned it into a Japanese Noh play of Hanckock’s Half Hour.

Another tree today, from a photo taken when walking down a section of the River Thames last week. Have a tip top Tuesday - my koffy is going cold.

View attachment 50833
That is a great willow tree @dunelm
I would love that in my garden...

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. If you woke up it's a good morning.

A self induced 10.0 this morning, on the upper limit of my hospital given limits given my medication. My only defence is I received some bad news yesterday that scuppered my plans for the next few days, but in the big picture it's just trivia. Sympathy not required.

@gennepher gave you a hug, but would also like to give you funny for the camper van idea. @dunelm brilliant beach holiday.

Well I am now locked down along side Mrs J until Thursday when she has her operation, if I don't post again Mrs J will have killed me for something I said, didn't say, do or didn't do. Therefore in anticipation so long and thanks for the banter, art work and just plain being out there.

Stay safe.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
We decided to move while we are still relatively active, before it is forced upon us - we are now having to decide which pieces of furniture and other goods and chattels are going on the small keep pile and what will end up on the mountain of ‘these must go’ pile/
Good morning @dunelm. That's exactly why we decided to move to a bungalow. We are actually in the process of moving things a car full at a time after cleaning cupboards etc and will have a removal firm to move the larger furniture as soon as we can. We have waited a long time for the searches etc so have already given lots of stuff to local charities but there is still so much to sort! Best wishes.:)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.

4.5 today

View attachment 50831
Thank you @geefull.:)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. If you woke up it's a good morning.

A self induced 10.0 this morning, on the upper limit of my hospital given limits given my medication. My only defence is I received some bad news yesterday that scuppered my plans for the next few days, but in the big picture it's just trivia. Sympathy not required.

@gennepher gave you a hug, but would also like to give you funny for the camper van idea. @dunelm brilliant beach holiday.

Well I am now locked down along side Mrs J until Thursday when she has her operation, if I don't post again Mrs J will have killed me for something I said, didn't say, do or didn't do. Therefore in anticipation so long and thanks for the banter, art work and just plain being out there.

Stay safe.
Hope you managed to turn your bad news around somehow @alf_Josiah
Thanks for hug and funny :)
We have to laugh at this stupid world...and people...