What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.7 yesterday and 4.2 today

Sunday again :D

Lunch at mum's as usual today, the morning was wet and the afternoon was hot and dry so we managed to eat in her garden. We've finished off the last of the home made mocha ice cream, so the next flavour I'm going to try making is going to be spiced rum and lemon ;)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

Welcome to @coby and @HurricaneHippo :)

@SlimLizzy - I used to enjoy browsing about in the French supermarkets :sorry:

@ianpspurs - my dad always used to buy himself a couple of bottles of Calvados whenever he was in France ;)

@dunelm - I do admire the sense of scale you get into your trees and the foliage on your tree tops is very skilfully done :) enjoy your break at the little house on the prairie :)

@gennepher - your grunge filter is not so grungy, the effect is interesting ;) and your abstracted boiler grille has a pleasing symmetry :) say hello to Popeye for me ;)

art bit -
upload_2021-8-22_20-43-27.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

HurricaneHippo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Lunch at mum's as usual today, the morning was wet and the afternoon was hot and dry so we managed to eat in her garden. We've finished off the last of the home made mocha ice cream, so the next flavour I'm going to try making is going to be spiced rum and lemon ;)

@ianpspurs - my dad always used to buy himself a couple of bottles of Calvados whenever he was in France ;)

@dunelm - I do admire the sense of scale you get into your trees and the foliage on your tree tops is very skilfully done :) enjoy your break at the little house on the prairie :)

@gennepher - your grunge filter is not so grungy, the effect is interesting ;) and your abstracted boiler grille has a pleasing symmetry :) say hello to Popeye for me ;)

art bit -
View attachment 50892

thank you so much! Wait home made ice cream?! Sounds delicious

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!

art bit -
View attachment 50892
Thank you for the welcome and I am very impressed with your figures @gleefull I hope that I can do as well. At least I am in the 5's (a first for me) and finding that almost hard to believe!

HurricaneHippo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi HurricaneHippo
She is my diabetic nurse (Jane) who I hope to meet in a couple of weeks for my first review up here :)

Hello! Oh that’s amazing, hope it goes well. The only time I ever met a DN was when I had gestational diabetes. She was awesome and was contactable on her work mobile and always got back to messages/calls.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

Had a strange dream. Cat woke me up by sitting upright like a black Egyptian cat on my upper rib cage. Very powerful those 4 paw pads.
2 teas and two coffees later as well as a meditation (a nap really), and wake up enough I take a photo of the ventilation grid on my boiler cupboard because it is still raining outside. And cat refuses to model for photos...

So the ventilation grid. I am trying everything in Snapseed to do something creative with it, and I am failing miserably. Then I try the double exposure tool, and I reduce the picture within, And I take the same picture again within the double exposure tool.

And create an abstract. This pic will do for today.

Time for more tea and coffee and dare I say it...another nap. Cat concurs.

Take care
>^..^<
View attachment 50882
Loving these abstract experiments

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
G
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who have time to scratch their head and wonder whether dark matter really matters.

Mrs J update this Sunday morning.
Physically slow moving about, mental progress is fine, nagging and demanding fully recovered, today I shall be taking her for a long walk off a short plank.

The words " Yes dear when I've finished your last demand " seem to annoy her for some reason.

Must go and hide out of earshot.
Stay safe
Glad to read that everything is back on par.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was 5.7 again, but 5.5 just before breakfast an hour later, and 5.8 two hours afterwards. All in all I'm happy with the 5's and seeing my DN very soon for the first time since my 80 mile move in July last year. I never had 5's before this LC/HF diet that I'm now six weeks into. Do I mention that to her or just keep quiet I ask myself. Maybe just play it by ear.
Welcome to this little thread @coby - Informing DN - depends how ‘expert’ they are :)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

art bit -
View attachment 50892
Thank you @geefull - another splendid landscape from you in the Geefull style

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a promising weather warm start here at our little house on the prairie
The wonder wheel of salad days and cold meats came in at 5.2 this am

Here at our little house on the prairie we have experienced a surprise early rise - the Ninky Nonks have been up since well before 5am and at that point managed to drag Little Miss Pamplemouse from here dreamstate. Grumpy Grandad finally capitulated at 0530 and we had the parade of the breakfast cereals and the votes of choice with caveats of seconds or even second choice should first choice be completely consumed. Mrs Miggins managed to barricade herself in to nearly half past 6. Swimming booked for 1030 and there are mention of water slides both big and small - I shall not be doing slides, or even much of a swim with this blasted ear infection but there does need to be a good ratio a adults to children - it’s not Lord of the Flies - unfortunately. Daughter arriving later in the afternoon with the girl in the bubble to add to the fun. Even more swimming booked in for tomorrow, ye ha!

Art bit - a very quick sketch of a tree from a photo that one of my cousins took and posted on farce bok. Have a wonderful day - whatever day you are inhabiting. Must make more koffy.

upload_2021-8-23_6-43-36.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a promising weather warm start here at our little house on the prairie
The wonder wheel of salad days and cold meats came in at 5.2 this am

Here at our little house on the prairie we have experienced a surprise early rise - the Ninky Nonks have been up since well before 5am and at that point managed to drag Little Miss Pamplemouse from here dreamstate. Grumpy Grandad finally capitulated at 0530 and we had the parade of the breakfast cereals and the votes of choice with caveats of seconds or even second choice should first choice be completely consumed. Mrs Miggins managed to barricade herself in to nearly half past 6. Swimming booked for 1030 and there are mention of water slides both big and small - I shall not be doing slides, or even much of a swim with this blasted ear infection but there does need to be a good ratio a adults to children - it’s not Lord of the Flies - unfortunately. Daughter arriving later in the afternoon with the girl in the bubble to add to the fun. Even more swimming booked in for tomorrow, ye ha!

Art bit - a very quick sketch of a tree from a photo that one of my cousins took and posted on farce bok. Have a wonderful day - whatever day you are inhabiting. Must make more koffy.

View attachment 50895
Interesting tree. Lends itself well to your current series of trees @dunelm
Enjoy your non swimming day.
The grandkids will have a wonderful two days...
t8402.gif

Reactions: mojo37 and dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.3

What inanimate object to photograph today to put in Snapseed to see what I can get out of it?
It was the front of my all white wardrobe.
Three quarters of an hour later...I get this.
But I did learn an awful lot about the tool settings in Snapseed.
The only thing now, is will I remember how to use them for next time....

F3DA2149-C761-4129-A96C-C480979C4DF8.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Cognitive dissonance day in Forest Heath - ? knows what season this is meant to be but I'm dressed for summer anyhow. Eight hour low heat brisket yesterday was a masterpiece, St Emilion Grand Crus may or may not be the sommelier's choice but I found it highly quaffable. A nasty 5.7 on Swipey this morning - last ate at 14.38 (ish). The meal was a 4 generation gathering sharing God's blessings with 91 yo MIL and 3 week old grandson. Trying to help son and DIL. Julie picked them up and drove them home. Wine, gin and espresso martini helped them - we think. Integrating my optimal management of The D with the move and family life are key appraisal targets - 5.7 fbg is frankly wrong. Looks a really big ask from here. I'm too quick to blame LC for anything from Spurs losing to The Black Death so gently does it Ian. Love that artwork yesterday @geefull . Wow @gennepher to produce that piece from a photo of a wardrobe. An art teacher colleague of mine produced a piece of art for our wedding present which he said was I Ching based. Basically, as far as I understood, it one looked for some time (meditate? pray?) at the colours and pattern one saw all sorts - Rorschach like. Your piece this morning evoked those memories. @dunelm hug for the ear infection and early wakeup but come on, priceless memories. Fit guy like you with longevity in the genes has years to doze in his Bath chair - just get Nursey to tuck it in, eh fella.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. Had a lovely day yesterday just staying around our local area. Did lots of reading, mah jong and Suduko. Also walked for miles - and miles - managing to dodge the showers.

Then in the afternoon walked to our local market town and had a coffee sitting outside in the sunshine (sadly @ianpspurs no NT sausage roll for Mr K yesterday).

Then watched a lovely programme - A Wild Year in the Fens then the final episode of Baptiste.

So a really lovely day with absolutely no lesson planning. Today I really must do some work because tomorrow we are off to Blickling for the day.

Legs quite tired today so will do less walking.

Reactions: coby

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. Had a lovely day yesterday just staying around our local area. Did lots of reading, mah jong and Suduko. Also walked for miles - and miles - managing to dodge the showers.

Then in the afternoon walked to our local market town and had a coffee sitting outside in the sunshine (sadly @ianpspurs no NT sausage roll for Mr K yesterday).

Then watched a lovely programme - A Wild Year in the Fens then the final episode of Baptiste.

So a really lovely day with absolutely no lesson planning. Today I really must do some work because tomorrow we are off to Blickling for the day.

Legs quite tired today so will do less walking.
Yesterday sounds amazing even without Mr K's NT sausage roll. That Wild Year in the Fens is a great programme. I have it on keep and re-watch from time to time. Probably not helpful in settling in here but hey, I have this treasure in an earthen vessel. We binge watched Baptiste a couple of weeks ago from iplayer. Mr K will surely have earned his NT sausage roll by tomorrow. We are orf to meet my uncle and dine at a carvery in Newmarket - as long as the meat has no hooves, doesn't neigh and isn't garbed in blue Emirates gear. Half that town must work for Godolphin.

Last edited:

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
Good Morning to you all.
I had a complete surprise to find that my fasting glucose was 5.1 this morning!
I can barely believe it, and hope it's not a one off.
I've received such a warm welcome into this thread so I do hope that I can give just as much to it as I know I shall get out of it. This is something that I try hard to live by:
69088539_3400137180000329_7273885857214365696_n.jpg

Reactions: SlimLizzy

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are avoiding crowds and crowded places, like Snowden.

A 5.4 on that meter of deception and plotting, do me and me's trust it, no chance, it's a guide at that instant in time and as we all know time is a variable.

Mrs J, the patient is up and about, being very efficient, but will need careful managing today. I stand no chance, but I shall give it a try.

Reading stupid pop festival is going ahead, covid 19 will be the lead act! The supporting artists will be Van Tam and the Chris Whitties. I'm not against pop festivals, just the timing during high infection rates.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers stay safe, stay apart and stay away from Reading this weekend.