What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are avoiding crowds and crowded places, like Snowden.

A 5.4 on that meter of deception and plotting, do me and me's trust it, no chance, it's a guide at that instant in time and as we all know time is a variable.

Mrs J, the patient is up and about, being very efficient, but will need careful managing today. I stand no chance, but I shall give it a try.

Reading stupid pop festival is going ahead, covid 19 will be the lead act! The supporting artists will be Van Tam and the Chris Whitties. I'm not against pop festivals, just the timing during high infection rates.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers stay safe, stay apart and stay away from Reading this weekend.
Very happy memories of Reading festival the summer before Uni. This is a family thread so we'll leave it there.:angelic: I think you may have the management roles in your relationship mixed up young sparrow me owl. Hug for Mrs A J. I'm sure she tells you frequently, I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

Reactions: gennepher

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
5.3 this morning. Had a lovely day yesterday just staying around our local area. Did lots of reading, mah jong and Suduko. Also walked for miles - and miles - managing to dodge the showers.

Then in the afternoon walked to our local market town and had a coffee sitting outside in the sunshine (sadly @ianpspurs no NT sausage roll for Mr K yesterday).

Then watched a lovely programme - A Wild Year in the Fens then the final episode of Baptiste.

So a really lovely day with absolutely no lesson planning. Today I really must do some work because tomorrow we are off to Blickling for the day.

Legs quite tired today so will do less walking.
Hi Krystyna! I'm a Suduko nut too :)

Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. Cognitive dissonance day in Forest Heath - ? knows what season this is meant to be but I'm dressed for summer anyhow. Eight hour low heat brisket yesterday was a masterpiece, St Emilion Grand Crus may or may not be the sommelier's choice but I found it highly quaffable. A nasty 5.7 on Swipey this morning - last ate at 14.38 (ish). The meal was a 4 generation gathering sharing God's blessings with 91 yo MIL and 3 week old grandson. Trying to help son and DIL. Julie picked them up and drove them home. Wine, gin and espresso martini helped them - we think. Integrating my optimal management of The D with the move and family life are key appraisal targets - 5.7 fbg is frankly wrong. Looks a really big ask from here. I'm too quick to blame LC for anything from Spurs losing to The Black Death so gently does it Ian. Love that artwork yesterday @geefull . Wow @gennepher to produce that piece from a photo of a wardrobe. An art teacher colleague of mine produced a piece of art for our wedding present which he said was I Ching based. Basically, as far as I understood, it one looked for some time (meditate? pray?) at the colours and pattern one saw all sorts - Rorschach like. Your piece this morning evoked those memories. @dunelm hug for the ear infection and early wakeup but come on, priceless memories. Fit guy like you with longevity in the genes has years to doze in his Bath chair - just get Nursey to tuck it in, eh fella.
Thank you very much for the lovely art compliment @ianpspurs

I hope my piece evoked good memories of the I Ching based wedding art...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all :)

4.7 yesterday and 4.2 today

Sunday again :D

Lunch at mum's as usual today, the morning was wet and the afternoon was hot and dry so we managed to eat in her garden. We've finished off the last of the home made mocha ice cream, so the next flavour I'm going to try making is going to be spiced rum and lemon ;)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

Welcome to @coby and @HurricaneHippo :)

@SlimLizzy - I used to enjoy browsing about in the French supermarkets :sorry:

@ianpspurs - my dad always used to buy himself a couple of bottles of Calvados whenever he was in France ;)

@dunelm - I do admire the sense of scale you get into your trees and the foliage on your tree tops is very skilfully done :) enjoy your break at the little house on the prairie :)

@gennepher - your grunge filter is not so grungy, the effect is interesting ;) and your abstracted boiler grille has a pleasing symmetry :) say hello to Popeye for me ;)

art bit -
View attachment 50892
Thank you for the abstract photo compliments @geefull
Popeye says Miaow!

Your painting is beautiful and peaceful and soothing.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.6 yesterday which isn't too bad considering the amount of carbs I ate ...miserable weather Saturday and consoled myself with too much food and no exercise . 6.1 this morning and hopefully still around that number in the morning. Back to walking 5 miles a day which I have found really good for bringing my BG down ( during the day ) and I have been able to reduce my BP meds to 5 mg instead of 10 .:)

Reactions: karen8967

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.4 today

Weather was quite warm here today if not actually sunny :) mr gee and I cut the grass outside the fence beside the house today and strimmed and raked, very hot going :sorry:

A quiet day mainly here though there are still many visitors about.
I did get manage to get some trousers turned up ready for shortening for mr gee and made the custard portion of the ice cream I'm planning, I prefer to make it the day before so it can chill in the fridge ;)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@dunelm - hope your ear settles down soon and that your lifeguard duties are appreciated ;)
I like today's tree very much, there is a lovely sense of flow to the branches:)

@gennepher - interesting effects you are getting in Snapseed, today's is a strong graphic :)

art bit - quick seascape today ;)

upload_2021-8-23_20-23-46.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday sounds amazing even without Mr K's NT sausage roll. That Wild Year in the Fens is a great programme. I have it on keep and re-watch from time to time. Probably not helpful in settling in here but hey, I have this treasure in an earthen vessel. We binge watched Baptiste a couple of weeks ago from iplayer. Mr K will surely have earned his NT sausage roll by tomorrow. We are orf to meet my uncle and dine at a carvery in Newmarket - as long as the meat has no hooves, doesn't neigh and isn't garbed in blue Emirates gear. Half that town must work for Godolphin.
Hope you had a lovely meal with your uncle in Newmarket today.
We are off to Blickling tomorrow but no NT sausage rolls for Mr K as we are having lunch at The Bucks Arms next to the Blickling Estate.

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.4 today

Weather was quite warm here today if not actually sunny :) mr gee and I cut the grass outside the fence beside the house today and strimmed and raked, very hot going :sorry:

I did get manage to get some trousers turned up ready for shortening for mr gee and made the custard portion of the ice cream I'm planning, I prefer to make it the day before so it can chill in the fridge ;)

@dunelm - hope your ear settles down soon and that your lifeguard duties are appreciated ;)
I like today's tree very much, there is a lovely sense of flow to the branches:)

@gennepher - interesting effects you are getting in Snapseed, today's is a strong graphic :)

View attachment 50900
Thanks @geefull
You had a good day...

Another beautiful painting from you. I love those distant mountains, and those clouds are amazing.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.3

What inanimate object to photograph today to put in Snapseed to see what I can get out of it?
It was the front of my all white wardrobe.
Three quarters of an hour later...I get this.
But I did learn an awful lot about the tool settings in Snapseed.
The only thing now, is will I remember how to use them for next time....

View attachment 50896
Interesting transformations going on here - white wardrobe is now blistering sun in some sci-fi movie - or perhaps Apocalypse Now - cue music by The Doors.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Cognitive dissonance day in Forest Heath - ? knows what season this is meant to be but I'm dressed for summer anyhow. Eight hour low heat brisket yesterday was a masterpiece, St Emilion Grand Crus may or may not be the sommelier's choice but I found it highly quaffable. A nasty 5.7 on Swipey this morning - last ate at 14.38 (ish). The meal was a 4 generation gathering sharing God's blessings with 91 yo MIL and 3 week old grandson. Trying to help son and DIL. Julie picked them up and drove them home. Wine, gin and espresso martini helped them - we think. Integrating my optimal management of The D with the move and family life are key appraisal targets - 5.7 fbg is frankly wrong. Looks a really big ask from here. I'm too quick to blame LC for anything from Spurs losing to The Black Death so gently does it Ian. Love that artwork yesterday @geefull . Wow @gennepher to produce that piece from a photo of a wardrobe. An art teacher colleague of mine produced a piece of art for our wedding present which he said was I Ching based. Basically, as far as I understood, it one looked for some time (meditate? pray?) at the colours and pattern one saw all sorts - Rorschach like. Your piece this morning evoked those memories. @dunelm hug for the ear infection and early wakeup but come on, priceless memories. Fit guy like you with longevity in the genes has years to doze in his Bath chair - just get Nursey to tuck it in, eh fella.
Thank you for your full and cogent support @ianpspurs - it’s all going well

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. Had a lovely day yesterday just staying around our local area. Did lots of reading, mah jong and Suduko. Also walked for miles - and miles - managing to dodge the showers.

Then in the afternoon walked to our local market town and had a coffee sitting outside in the sunshine (sadly @ianpspurs no NT sausage roll for Mr K yesterday).

Then watched a lovely programme - A Wild Year in the Fens then the final episode of Baptiste.

So a really lovely day with absolutely no lesson planning. Today I really must do some work because tomorrow we are off to Blickling for the day.

Legs quite tired today so will do less walking.
Sounds great - I am still catching up with Baptiste.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning to you all.
I had a complete surprise to find that my fasting glucose was 5.1 this morning!
I can barely believe it, and hope it's not a one off.
I've received such a warm welcome into this thread so I do hope that I can give just as much to it as I know I shall get out of it. This is something that I try hard to live by:

5.1 - excellent - any idea what you did to deserve such a fabulous reading?

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.6 yesterday which isn't too bad considering the amount of carbs I ate ...miserable weather Saturday and consoled myself with too much food and no exercise . 6.1 this morning and hopefully still around that number in the morning. Back to walking 5 miles a day which I have found really good for bringing my BG down ( during the day ) and I have been able to reduce my BP meds to 5 mg instead of 10 .:)
I have read that walking directly after eating is good for bringing blood sugars down - is that what you are doing?

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.4 today

View attachment 50900
These visitors can be a real nuisance :) - but it seems that most of them are either in Snowdonia or da’an in that Devon/ Cornwall place near France. Thank you for your kind encouragement @geefull, your quick seascape is well on par - wonderful sky - I always wonder if landscapes are best painted loose in some ways.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from an extremely quiet and strangely disconcerting start here at the little house on the prairie (almost 7 and nobody else up yet).
The wonder wheel of home made burgers with eggs and sriracha came in at 4.6 this am.

A great day yesterday - tractor rides and a pirate show - swimming got cancelled but Mrs Miggins to the rescue - a paddling pool. It was like the opening scene from Spike Milligans book, “Hitler and My Part in His Downfall” as I watched her trying to inflate the thing with a hand pump but did, after about 15 minutes mention the pump that plugs into the car. Quite a big pool and with a built in slide and some other inflatables - we will be leaving it up for the duration. Daughter arrived in time for early dinner with the girl in the bubble and our eldest granddaughter in tow - they are all off swimming this morning having secured another swim slot. I shall stay here - this blasted ear infection is starting to annoy.

Art bit - a tree, well a slice of one, very unusual - hope everyone has a great day - I shall now consume koffy.

upload_2021-8-24_7-1-17.jpeg