What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

I am doing a 'here' when I am meant to be 'there' today.
So, bear that in mind for my 'creative' this morning...
I used an iPastel I started ages ago, but it went downhill...
I had to put it in Procreate to do Popeye, but the pixels refused to co-operate...
Good luck if you can find him...
Now, I need to wrap up, and oilskins against the weather outside...
If I survive I will be back later.
If not, who knows where the wind will take me...

View attachment 53151

Yep, spotted him

And at least you're home & dry
And not in Kansas ;)

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 this morning. Blood sugars much more normal yesterday, which is a relief.

It is my sister's husbands funeral today - so a really sad day.

Such sad times

Hope all goes as well as can be expected for such sad events

Hugs to yourself & family x

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yep, spotted him

And at least you're home & dry
And not in Kansas ;)
I could have ended up there @jjraak
t110010.gif

Are those leaves blowing the opposite way to what the wind in blowing the emoji?
So the wind must have been going round in circles...that is why I am still here and not there...

Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.2

Been experimenting a little with food and taking blood glucose readings.

I normally aim for one meal a day. Much prefer that, because not too much cooking and washing up!

However, I have found this before and I have found it again, that if I have two smaller meals (and they were not very big in the first place), they are literally like small starters yesterday. I divided my breakfast into two meals, and introduced a couple of different foods. But I have found (in the past as well) that I still have to eat these two small meals in the 4 hour eating window, which has to be earlier in the day. But bear in mind I often wake and start my day as early as 3 am, usually by 5 am at the latest. If I have one meal it has to be before 11am, or else I am out of sorts with the rest of the day and sleeping that night. Yesterday I tried two meals (again). But I need the first one by 8am at the latest in order to have the second one before 12 noon.

One meal a day leads to a higher reading in the middle of my night's sleeping (I usually go to bed early), I try to get to sleep by 8 pm. so, at midnight I often wake for the bathroom ( or earlier), and I will take a reading. It can be as high as 12.something. But by the Fbg when I wake up it is the normal 6.something

However, two smaller meals a few hours apart means the midnight reading is much lower, sometimes 9.something, or even as low as a 7.something. Last night it was 8.1 And so my morning reading this morning at 5 am was 6.2

This is roughly my normal pattern when I have two small meals. In winter I like hot meals. In summer I like cold meals. So this two meal a day lark is easier in warmer weather.

So, I am only going to take my Fbg the next few days (it is cheaper on the test strips!), and if it continues to stay in lower 6's then I will be happy. But if the fbg rises a lot towards the 7's, then I will take more readings again.

i don't know if this is any help to anyone, but we have been talking a lot in this thread at the moment on all this how to control the diabetes better.

My creative today in iPastel and Procreate is a rabbit, but I think it looks a bit more like a hare. It is the first of the month today (and a new moon!) so have you said your 3 rabbits? (And imagined the new moon as it is expanding for the next fortnight sending all kinds of money and amazing things your way...)

Okay, I am weird, but you already knew that.

01C6DF91-80B7-4957-A92C-454340E8FC84.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.2

Been experimenting a little with food and taking blood glucose readings.

I normally aim for one meal a day. Much prefer that, because not too much cooking and washing up!

However, I have found this before and I have found it again, that if I have two smaller meals (and they were not very big in the first place), they are literally like small starters yesterday. I divided my breakfast into two meals, and introduced a couple of different foods. But I have found (in the past as well) that I still have to eat these two small meals in the 4 hour eating window, which has to be earlier in the day. But bear in mind I often wake and start my day as early as 3 am, usually by 5 am at the latest. If I have one meal it has to be before 11am, or else I am out of sorts with the rest of the day and sleeping that night. Yesterday I tried two meals (again). But I need the first one by 8am at the latest in order to have the second one before 12 noon.

One meal a day leads to a higher reading in the middle of my night's sleeping (I usually go to bed early), I try to get to sleep by 8 pm. so, at midnight I often wake for the bathroom ( or earlier), and I will take a reading. It can be as high as 12.something. But by the Fbg when I wake up it is the normal 6.something

However, two smaller meals a few hours apart means the midnight reading is much lower, sometimes 9.something, or even as low as a 7.something. Last night it was 8.1 And so my morning reading this morning at 5 am was 6.2

This is roughly my normal pattern when I have two small meals. In winter I like hot meals. In summer I like cold meals. So this two meal a day lark is easier in warmer weather.

So, I am only going to take my Fbg the next few days (it is cheaper on the test strips!), and if it continues to stay in lower 6's then I will be happy. But if the fbg rises a lot towards the 7's, then I will take more readings again.

i don't know if this is any help to anyone, but we have been talking a lot in this thread at the moment on all this how to control the diabetes better.

My creative today in iPastel and Procreate is a rabbit, but I think it looks a bit more like a hare. It is the first of the month today (and a new moon!) so have you said your 3 rabbits? (And imagined the new moon as it is expanding for the next fortnight sending all kinds of money and amazing things your way...)

Okay, I am weird, but you already knew that.

View attachment 53165
White rabbits and the Popeye mote, brilliant. All the best with the fbg readings.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening ladies and gentlemen.
A 6.7 this morning on that meter, the hammer beckons.

Again plans are fluid.
Stay safe all, me and me’s will be masked anonymity has it’s advantages.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morening ladies and gentlemen.
A 6.7 this morning on that meter, the hammer beckons.

Again plans are fluid.
Stay safe all, me and me’s will be masked anonymity has it’s advantages.
Have you got your hat on as well?
I wear my hat as well. It has a brim to catch all nasty viruses descending in the air..
@alf_Josiah

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a promised warm start here in the dark and dangerous north.
We now have a new door and fitted with the three star Yale ant-snap locks (the new French doors also have them fitted). So, if we lose a key we will be locked inside forever (well, at least until tea time). New radiators arrived so hopefully we can get them fitted some time in the next lunar year. New stamps out with bar codes on so that you can track your disappeared mail, how quaint, wonder when the cost of a stamp will increase.
Art today loosely based upon a photo taken somewhere in the Lake District. Have a wonderful year of the tiger tiger burning bright. Time for koffy.

upload_2022-2-1_8-40-57.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
An interesting 4.3 this morning especially as we had spent a good part of the day travelling to Hertfordshire.

Dogs had a lovely day. My friend took them to visit her friends who live in the middle of Thetford forest so they had a whale of a time.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you.

Pumpkins might not keep me dry, but if it turns into a coach and team of 6 horses...

Oh well, cannot find an emojie on that, not even a pumpkin...

I managed to do my essential stuff, but then came home, the rest can wait another day @Krystyna23040
That wind drove the cold right into my bones.
And I have been asleep under my electric blanket the last 3 hours, warming my poor bottom, which is always the first to feel the freezing cold...

I declare the rest of today an under the electric blanket day...
@gennepher yesterday I really noticed the difference in the temperature between here in central Norfolk and Hertfordshire. In Norfolk it was bitterly cold but in Hertfordshire I didn't even need a coat.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning or evening - @Jojo85 - all. No fbg as The Swipey sleeps until after MRI tomorrow. @gennepher stunningly gorgeous creative and after a second look - promoted by reading @dunelm's reference. Interesting and valuable contribution to the discussion on how people manage their control. @dunelm new, secure doors, sharing great art and reminding us of the fact that there are older, very refined cultures from which there is so much we should learn. @Krystyna23040 I hope J and boys found some comfort yesterday and that your presence was found part a key part of that. @Jojo85 for a two hr target the attached are the coloured coded "rules" from my spreadsheet back in 2015 - I ideally want lower now. The 2nd attachment is post evening meal from July 2015 - month one. Off to the gym later. Beyond being absolutely certain some kind of strengthening exercise and body weight (3rd image) control are integral to my all round wellbeing I have no idea how to manage my T2 well. The longer I stay on here the less I "know" There are so many different diets, priorities, things to avoid at all costs it has become so much background noise.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-01 09.18.48.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-01 09.18.48.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot 2022-02-01 09.21.40.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-01 09.21.40.png
    1.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot 2022-02-01 09.29.51.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-01 09.29.51.png
    38.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited: