What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
@Annb Maybe you are about to start a new life of real coffee with double cream (1T double cream = 0.3gc). NB instant coffee = 0.5gc per cup black, so no better than tea. 8 cups of real coffee would of course be OTT for caffeine (though tea does contain some), but decaff? 8T double cream = only 2.4gc. So, switching to real coffee + cream would save 13.6gc - more than half my daily carb ration !!! Only saying!

Maybe I'll try that. When we make coffee (very rarely) it's always freshly ground. Whole beans keep better than ground-up ones and one pack of beans can last us a long time. Might start making cold coffee again and keeping it in a jug to use during the day. Not 8 cups, of course, probably no more than 2 or 3. The rest will have to be water or black tea. Neil bought me a different kind of coconut milk to see if was any more palatable than the previous carton I had, but it isn't really. Just too thin a taste.

Reactions: maglil55

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone, just a quick reminder that this is the "what did you eat today thread" and if you want to chat about other stuff there is a parallel chat thread in the general chat forum
"What have you eaten" Parallel Chat | Page 88 | Diabetes Forum • The Global Diabetes Community

For those that might not have seen this post from Ellie yesterday, can I just remind everyone to mainly post what they have eaten for a low carb way of eating here. Any more questions and discussion about anything else including wider diet and food options can be continued on the parallel chat Ellie provided the link to.

Reactions: Riva_Roxaban

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
breakfast; low carb granola, a toasted slice of carbzone bread and butter
mocha
lunch; l/c crispbread, cream cheese, ham, pip and nut butter cup
dinner; chicken fajitas in low carb wrap with greek yoghurt and grated cheese. h/m lime posset with berries
three squares of 90% lindt

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No breakfast, straight to exercise class than mint tea with friend after.
L: thought I'd try for am OMAD day so 1 chicken drumsticks and a creamy fish pie (celeriac topping), yoghurt with 2 sqs 100% chocolate and 4 almonds
Felt sleepy and quite uncomfortable for a while after which it eased after I went into town to do a few errands

While cooking boys dinner I did succumb to a few vegs and 4 seedy crackers with pate and a small piece blue cheese.
I'm not very good at not eating when cooking or preparing food for others. I might have manged better had I stayed out of the kitchen.

I must also confess to 3 very dark chocolates from an early valentines gift.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
9820534D-7089-46B9-B2C1-8D73FD755F38.jpeg
@RosemaryJackson just to say we are with you on the lapses it happens and you are mainly talking about one meal where you ate higher carb things than planned - it happens to us all but honestly one odd slip like that will come out in the wash.important thing is to forget about it and get back on the low carb horse! Problem is when people get overwhelmed and carry on eating that way but you are already reviewing it looking at your bgs and making plans for a low carb Next meal. Well done it’s not a straight road and you are doing so well.
Lunch see photo two egg omelette fried in butter and cheese melted in middle served with salad and beetroot kimchi followed by yoghurt and a few raspberries
Dinner beef brisket with cauliflower cheese and glass of red wine followed by a hm lemon and lime dessert made some this am used to have all the time but thought I’d do again. You make up a sugar free jelly with half pint boiling water then top up juice of one lemon to half a pint with cold water and put to cool. Use the grated zest of the lemon with small pot of double cream -300mls and beat until thick then slowly add cooled jelly liquid. I then poured individual portions into 6 dishes and left to set in fridge. They last about 5 days in fridge. I’d forgotten how much I like them.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very true, I’d almost given up buying them, I had to throw so many out. Then just when you give up hope you get a perfect one and all is forgiven!
I had to stop putting them on my delivery Sent back the last 3 weeks - squashed to bits.

Reactions: DJC3

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: coffee shop cappuccino and a carb killa bar.
Dinner: liver with onion gravy Brussels, cauliflower and a couple of baby carrots followed by SF strawberry jelly and cream.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Still very happy with the boef bourguignon I made a couple of weeks ago. It's a perfect food to freeze and dig out of the freezer when you want a very good meal but not a lot of work.
Made cauliflower mash to go with it, and added some mushrooms that had to be eaten.

I plated an extra large portion so everyone could feast to celebrate little Wolf's 8th birthday! :happy:

273667379_10225069339074976_6362134851085505492_n.jpg

273632861_10225069339634990_39109741943387089_n.jpg

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: low carb coconut flour ‘porridge’ made with coconut milk, blueberries, black coffee.
Not hungry during day so just drank water and black decaff coffee
Dinner: casserole made with left over braised steak from yesterday, with onion, mushrooms, and red cabbage. Sugar free tonic water with slice of lemon.

I seem to remember a post asking me about the frozen avocados. Sorry can’t remember who. I buy from Tesco. They defrost in about an hour, and are fine. Not mushy at all.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cheese on low carb toast, two boiled eggs for breakfast.
Blue Care nurse (Amazin' Grace) supplied another "low carb cake", which was also appreciated by the lady from the base hospitals occy health dept, who came around with some forms I had to fill in and sign for the shower chair, so she stayed for smoko as well.
Roast of the day (beef rib) at the Brothers club, veggies, gravy for lunch.
Sardines in tomato juice and sliced thin onion low carb toasted sandwiches for supper at six.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 2 eggs mashed up in a cup with butter. 2 squares 90% Lindtt. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - Mixed grill - rump steak, gammon steak, pork steak & lamb chop with fried egg on top. A little garden peas, mushroom & tomato. 1 dgf blueberry crumble with kefir over the top

RosemaryJackson

Thank you @shelley262. I was very disappointed in myself but I will forget it and get back on the right road. To start with I'm going to follow your recipe because I very rarely make a dessert. And it sounds so moreish.
I did have the egg mayo for tea with 2 Ryvita Thins with Philly cheese on. BG 7.4. Nearly redeemed myself!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: low carb coconut flour ‘porridge’ made with coconut milk, blueberries, black coffee.
Not hungry during day so just drank water and black decaff coffee
Dinner: casserole made with left over braised steak from yesterday, with onion, mushrooms, and red cabbage. Sugar free tonic water with slice of lemon.

I seem to remember a post asking me about the frozen avocados. Sorry can’t remember who. I buy from Tesco. They defrost in about an hour, and are fine. Not mushy at all.

It was me and thank you for the info. I do need a few things from a bigger supermarket so I’ll take a trip to Tesco this week. I also want some frozen edemame beans, I remember @shelley262 saying they were surprisingly low carb and I love them.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday’s food while I’ve still half a chance of remembering-
B-2 fried eggs, slice of cheddar, wilted spinach.
L-tuna Mayo in lettuce boats
D- crustless ham and mushroom quiche. Salad of grated courgette& rocket with olive oil and lemon juice dressing.
I’m having to eat softish food atm as I have 2 temporary crowns on one side and a cracked molar on the other side. All my teeth seem to be giving up the ghost at the same time.
Happy Birthday little Wolf! He looks very content with his beef bourguignon dinner @Antje77

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Found a kind of cheesey bake in the freezer, so will have that for breakfast shortly. It is mainly potato and peas with mozzarella, but the potato was pre-frozen, cooked and then frozen again. Should be OK.

2nd meal will be ham salad. I asked Neil to get me some good quality ham when he went shopping this morning. Haven't looked at it yet, but whatever it's like, I'll use it. That and a cucumber salad should be fine.

Just heard that my HBa1c is up from 50 last time it was checked by the Diabetic Clinic - months and months ago - to 78 at my pre-op blood test. That's all on the other thread.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Friday 4 February - bed 7.4 FBG 7

My 1/2 day break didn't happen. Eldest grandson injured his hand over a week ago at school. He could bend and move it but it was still bothering him. Managed to get an appointment with the Doctor face to face who decided to be cautious and have it X Rayed. Even more amazing we had an appointment a couple of hours later at the kids hospital. There was a break so he's now happily sporting one of these splint gloves.

B. Just TAG
L. Nothing
D. After returning grandson, my unintentional OMAD - Tuna mayo with a little corn, avocado, lettuce, tomato, Wensledale with cranberries, 2 boiled eggs. Very enjoyable.

Saturday bed 6.7 FBG 6.9.

A lot of toing and froing what with jujitsu (watching for eldest) and football. Kept things very simple.

B. TAG
L. 2 scrambled eggs in between "taxi - ing" duties!
D. Lettuce, tomato, 1/2 avocado, port salue cheese, one each ox tongue, chicken breast, haslet, ham.
20220204_184549.jpg

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sunday 6 February - bed 7.6 FBG 7.2

Swimming lesson day.

B. TAG followed by 2 slices back bacon, 2 fried eggs and 5 santini tomatoes.

L. Nothing at swimming

D. DD pork chop with cauliflower "steak" parmesan and I added wilted spinach. I also had some homemade, sugar free, applesauce. Mea Culpa - I did have one of Hubby's profiteroles.
Usual campari and soda beforehand.
20220206_185553.jpg

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all.

Reverse of yesterday’s eating pattern - picked this morning and ate properly this evening.

This morning/afternoon was too much 90% choc, cream and yoghurt.

Dinner was a decent fry-up. Yum. Note to brain, this actually tastes much better than what preceded it! One sausage left to eat cold tomorrow.

View attachment 53267
Your carnivore plates look soooo good but I fear it would be too much meat in one go for me. I also love my Veggies.

Last edited: