What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
7.9 - lousy night and I’ve got an inflamed eye. I’d post a Piccie of it, but it’s far too grosse.

Have a good Friday.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.4, I’ll take that.
Back to walking at least a mile. Made up deficit from last week, a bit by doing 3 miles yesterday. Going for 2 miles today and tomorrow to get average back up.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 with Sinocare Safe AQ
5.1 with Sinocare Safe Accu.
Happy with either. Will do a comparison over a few days to see if Safe AQ always wins.

Reactions: karen8967

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Libre 6.4
Contour 6.1
Not in the 5’s but did have a slow release protein shake for supper & was up being sick in the night from coughing
Morning dog walk with friend this morning
Had ave a good weekend everyone

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. When I say 'morning' it was still dark outside and I'd been awake quite a while.

Onwards and upwards, waiting for the caffeine to kick in ...

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning
Libre 6.4
Contour 6.1
Not in the 5’s but did have a slow release protein shake for supper & was up being sick in the night from coughing
Morning dog walk with friend this morning
Had ave a good weekend everyone
Hug for the coughing. Was that shake inspired (I blend whey protein isolate into coffee post gym, 1 coffee per day quite enough for me, thanks) or the after effects of COVID? Me no stabby and I'm not wasting a Swipey until "they" say enough scans already so no known fbg. Go Team D. Managing The D well is like winning your own Superbowl every day. Can The Bengals do it? @JohnEGreen - still hanging in there?

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hug for the coughing. Was that shake inspired or the after effects of COVID? Me no stabby and I'm not wasting a Swipey until "they" say enough scans already so no known fbg. Go Team D. Managing The D well is like winning your own Superbowl every day. Can The Bengals do it? @JohnEGreen - still hanging in there?
Trying a slow release protein shake at night in the hope of not having the rise& fall in the morning,
Can be in the 5’s in the morning up to 11-12 after gym, take my not even therauptic dose of gliclazide. & b/s falls, libre graph looks like I’ve jumped of a mountain

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can’t wait to report to you all today was 5.7
Currently doing cartwheels. In my imagination of course. The cartwheels. The 5.7 is real.:D I was awake earlier than usual, so maybe missed Dawn, but I am claiming my excess of miles walked and fasting a bit has worked. Today at least.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Can’t wait to report to you all today was 5.7
Currently doing cartwheels. In my imagination of course. The cartwheels. The 5.7 is real.:D I was awake earlier than usual, so maybe missed Dawn, but I am claiming my excess of miles walked and fasting a bit has worked. Today at least.
Yay. As for the fbg mystery:~ Do not try to make them understand you and do not try to understand them.
That is because they are a breed apart and they make no sense.:angelic:

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry about the poor sleep and fbg but winner for the attitude and walk. Was the 8.6 immediately after the walk as your body would probably be helping out by releasing glucose. Good or bad the hook to this is so true - at the risk of coming across as some creepy old Uncle:arghh:
No the 8.6 was prior to the walk and the 9.2 after before having food .

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG this morning
Safe AQ 4.9
Safe Accu 5.1
Well within tolerances so not the disparity my initial sampling showed. Will choose one device and keep testing with that, makes much more sense and cheaper too. :)