1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Best Keto Diet Plan

Discussion in 'Ketogenic diet forum' started by Kay'sKetoDiet, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Kay'sKetoDiet

Kay'sKetoDiet · Newbie

Hi everyone, I’m Kay, I’m Just starting out on my Keto, I am currently using this great Keto Plan ,but I would love to see what others are using for comparison, Thanks. Comment below.

2. Riva_Roxaban

Riva_Roxaban Type 2 · Well-Known Member

A link to, or a description of the diet plan would help.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. catinahat

catinahat Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hello @Kay'sKetoDiet welcome to the forum
    My plan if you can call it that is to cut out as many carbs as possible, have enough protein and fats to keep hunger at bay. Throw a little intermittent fasting into the mix and that's it, no weighing, measuring or counting. So not much of a plan really but it seems to have worked well for me.
    I hope your plan is working for you, stay away from the carbs and it should be fine.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. JoKalsbeek

JoKalsbeek I reversed my Type 2 · Expert

Just cut carbs, up fats, moderate protein... That's worked just fine for me. Went from low carb to keto to carnivore, but keto would've been enough for my T2.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mbaker

Mbaker Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

The best plan for me is the dietary pattern that will produce the optimal muscle mass, with the least fat mass, support mental and physical agility, body composition and health.

It must be delicious, nutritious, sustainable (to both my family and the environment), affordable, preferably locally sourced, widely available and relatively easy to implement. It may not be possible to get all of these, but working towards these is a goal for me e.g. I source meat, veg, fruit, diary mostly locally and nuts I have cut down on as they are flown across the globe (and for other reasons). This means I base my choices on the P.E. Dietary pattern in a custom manner, but equally this could classified as the Bernstein protocol or a customised version of what @JoKalsbeek says above, as it is a sliding scale either way on non-vegetable oil fats and and protein (carbs always kept low).

6. ianf0ster

ianf0ster Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I too advocate a do it yourself approach to finding the best Way Of Eating for my own particular body.
    I eat 2 meals per day on weekdays and just one per day on weekends. Similar things for lunch most weekdays (a salad with protein (fish, meat, or eggs and cheese). And again similar meals in the evening Protein (fish, meat or eggs) with various cooked low carb veg. But it's always flexible so going out to eat with friends or having somebody to lunch or dinner is not a problem - I just eat protein and low carb veg though the meals are then a little more 'exotic' such as Thai curry etc. where I either skip the rice, or have 'cauli rice' as a substitute.

OK so I'm not strictly Keto every day, but so long as my meals keep my Blood Glucose at good levels I don't care!
    This is a way of eating I can enjoy for the rest of my hopefully long and healthy life, I'm not in competition with anybody.

7. Robbity2

Robbity2 Type 2 · Active Member

For me a keto(genic) diet is a natural and normal way of eating - so I don't use any particular "Plan" to do this.

Our bodies use both carbs and fats for fuel. and ketones are a by-product of burning fat, so my diet has been my usual amounts of protein for body maintenance & repair and a balance of (very) low carbohyrate and full fat food for energy. Getting my personal balance right means I'm generally burning fat and have all the benefits of a low carb/ ketogenic diet - without the need for any extra cost or any special "keto" foods or supplements.

This has kept me well, my brain in good working order, and my T2 at pre diabetic/near normal levels for just on eight years now, so I hope your "Keto Plan" - whatever it may be - will work equally well for you.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook