cellulitis??

mindii

Dislikes
rude or over opinionated, over bearing people. liars,
the rain and the cold!
Hey all, not been on for a long time but hope everyone is doing good!
I just had a quick question, thought this would be the best place to ask!
I had a Continual Glucose Monitor on last week for 6 days (for my diabetic team to prove to me that its my fault my control is not great and for me to prove that it is the insulin i am on that isn't "working") any way i wore it and it hurt but there you go! Now i have this really red, quite warm and itchy patch about 4 inches around the area the CGM was. It was fine this morning although I did start taking antibiotics yesterday because the insertion point was leaking pus ( gross sorry). So I was wondering (finally lol) if i could have cellultis???

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
I've only ever had it in my left leg, associated with varicose veins and tissue damage after a fall. I don't know whether you can get it anywhere else. It gets very hot and tight, and itches - but so does any infected area, as the infection spreads.

See your HCP as a matter of urgency if it gets bigger; the antibiotics should work, but in the mean time you can get relief by slapping a packet of frozen peas on it. I keep a pack in the freezer for the purpose, covered in a plastic bag, and wrapped in a tea-towel when I use it. Or you can get a proper ice-pack from the chemist.

NB I am NOT qualified to diagnose you, this is just from my experience. You should be advised by your GP.

Viv 8)

ShyGirl

I had a bout last year...apparently.

I'm ranting but basically...see your nurse or GP asap as celluitis can be dangerous if left untreated.

mindii

Dislikes
rude or over opinionated, over bearing people. liars,
the rain and the cold!
Wow that does not sound good peeps,
I eventually got to see a doctor at the out of hours clinic. Went in expecting to be given some pain meds or something and to be told to just give the antibiotics a chance to work. Anyway went in and was told i had a massive abcess which had to be removed!!!! I thought niavely that he meant it needed aspirated but alas no he actually meant surgery! I was taken in the next day and am now walking about with a 3-4 inch hole in my back. hahaha suppose i should be grateful it coulda been worse and i got an extra week off work!!! I do gotta see a nurse everyday to have this hole packed but hey the sun is shining!!!!! :D