1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Pleased with Latest Results

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by Redcadence, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Redcadence

Redcadence Type 2 · Newbie

I had my first review of my bloods after being diagnosed in early September. I was at 103 but now I'm at 66! Not where it needs to be but I'm very happy with where I'm at so far.

I've been playing a bit fast and lose with my diet, mostly just cutting down on carbs, and I had a horrid time with meds; Metformin made me unbelievably sick, Glucophage made me worse (I thought I was dying), but I've found a balance with Alogliptin, which I've been taking since mid-October. I'm seeing my Diabetic nurse on Friday and I hope that she will be pleased with my progress.

I'm returning to work on Monday after a 6 month absence. I had some severe mental health issues (severe depression, anxiety, agoraphobia), which were then compounded by my Diabetes diagnosis and other health complications. I finally feel well enough to go back to the "real world".

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  2. JoKalsbeek

JoKalsbeek Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Welcome back to the land of the living then! And congrats on your new HbA1c, that's excellent. :)

• Like Like x 4
  3. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Very well done on the turn around in so many aspects of your health, please accept a big pat on the back from me, hopefully you’ll get one from your nurse on Friday too!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Guru

Yes, that is a wonderful reduction. Well done. Next time even lower if you keep up the good work. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Geoffno6

Geoffno6 · Well-Known Member

Well done you, 103 down to 66 is a massive step in the right direction, especially when it’s not just the big D that you have to contend with

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Emma_369

Emma_369 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Great reduction! Well done

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Prem51

Prem51 Type 2 · Expert

That's a great reduction in just 3 months, despite the problems with meds and other conditions. Well done @Redcadence! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Master

What a great improvement, everythings seems to be looking much brighter so well done to you!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ross.Walker

Ross.Walker Type 2 · Well-Known Member

You should be proud of the work you have put in, with everything else you have going on you should be super proud. Keep it up and it will be a mere blip on road of life

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

Over the decades I have found that I can cope with things far better when eating low carb than when not - I expect that I have had a lifelong inability to cope with carbs and that spilled over into other things too. I can only urge you to really get into the low carb way of eating and - hopefully - you will feel the same way I do.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook