Share Your Progress!

aealexandrou

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Exercise
I only shared what I feel I’m doing well with because I had an email encouraging me to do so, and I wanted to let the team know I’ve really benefited from their resources. I probably won’t bother again. I’m well clued up on the science, around diabetes, carbs, and insulin thanks. I’m actually quite happy with what I’m doing, it’s working for me, and most importantly it feels like something I can maintain it over the long term. I’m happy with taking it slow and steady. I didn’t really want any further advice on my diet (you do seem to have got the wrong idea about how and what I eat, and what I struggle with), but thank you taking the time out of your day to reply.
You should bother. Every positive post will reinforce someone else's resolve to reverse their diabetes. Well done on your own progress.

Reactions: Prem51

rhalluk

Diagnosed 103 September 2018, 40 December 2018, 38.27 April 2019. Total Cholesterol down, Good Cholesterol up, bad Cholesterol down. Not gone true LCHF but under 70g Carbs per day. Reduced processed foods and switched to full fat where I do have dairy, woks for me! No Meds!

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
I am a T2D prescribed 2 x 850 mg of Metformin for the diabetes and 2 x 300 mg per day for neuropathy of the feet and hands, diagnosed in 2013.. My annual HbA1c since December 2015 has been 34, 35, 38 and 38. on the blood test result below 42 is non-diabetic, 42-47 pre-diabetic and over 48 diabetic. T2D control range is noted as 48-59. On paper the drugs are keeping me within non-diabetic range, but the concern is the creeping annual increase, hence the attempt to reverse the T2D with IF. I test my blood sugar levels using a standard blood sugar monitor and weigh myself on the same machine first thing in the morning.

Started 23rd February 2019 with daily readings between 6 to 8 mmol/L, and weighing around 95-96 kilos. Dropped breakfast and substituted lunch with a predominantly kale,spinach, nut, cinnamon and turmeric juice, dinner as normal. 2nd week dropped lunch and moved the juice either close to or with dinner. Trying to reduce carbs at dinner and introducing more fish with in diet.

There has been a regular and often daily weight reduction and a further regular reduction in blood sugar levels. 3rd week added vitamins to and with the juice, fish oil, magnesium, B1 and B12, chromium, selenium and D. Also added spirulina. Weight loss and blood sugar levels reduction maintained at constant rate, cannot see a material difference with the additives.

2nd week, came off medication.

Current weight 89 kilos, i.e. lost 6-7 kilos in 4 weeks. Blood sugar levels between 5-6 and regularly finishing immediately before first meal at 5.3. Even saw readings between 4-5 for the first time ever. Neuropathy better than when on medication.

Anyone else fasting? How are you doing with your weight and T2D?
I fast all the time these days, handling things with one meal a day and alternating between resistance/strength training one day and interval training the next. Weight has just melted off of me pretty much because of this and a keto diet. I'm seriously impressed with what you have achieved in getting off your meds and so glad the Neuropathy is going better now too, I do hope that it continues to get better in time!

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Diagnosed in Oct 2018.

- Fasting and PP were both around 15.
- A1C (older system) was 11.8% (non diabetic should be 5.7% or lower)

These days :
- Most readings below 9
- A1C at last check in Lab : 6.7%
- A1C estimate by last three month finger pricks : 6.0%

IMG_1554866580.967050.jpg
IMG_1554866596.328572.jpg
IMG_1554866602.041821.jpg

aealexandrou

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Exercise
I fast all the time these days, handling things with one meal a day and alternating between resistance/strength training one day and interval training the next. Weight has just melted off of me pretty much because of this and a keto diet. I'm seriously impressed with what you have achieved in getting off your meds and so glad the Neuropathy is going better now too, I do hope that it continues to get better in time!
Many thanks, your regime appears pretty impressive and you are obviously reaping the rewards. Best wishes.

Reactions: Shas3

Lowcarb 2

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had a meet with diabetic nurse today by ha1bc level was 117 in November after several weeks of high sugars and having exhausted tablet medication was put on insulin, latest results 46 nurse was impressed as to how my level had lowered quite quickly, was originally diagnosed as type 2 in Nov 2016 now they are unsure whether i insulin resistant or type 1. Have been asked to have a c peptic blood test for better answers
Liver function fine, cholesterol low, blood pressure good, recent diabetic eye test perfect
Feeling good as test results always a worry

aealexandrou

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Exercise
Diagnosed 103 September 2018, 40 December 2018, 38.27 April 2019. Total Cholesterol down, Good Cholesterol up, bad Cholesterol down. Not gone true LCHF but under 70g Carbs per day. Reduced processed foods and switched to full fat where I do have dairy, woks for me! No Meds!
Your figures speak for themselves. Well done and keep up the good work.

Reactions: rhalluk

aealexandrou

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Exercise
Many thanks for the kind words. My T2D was not as serious as some of the others I am reading on the forum and kept in relative control with metformin and without seriously dieting. I didn't realise that it was reversible until I came across an early report on the Newcastle research. In attempting to find out more about the project I came across the various you tube and other internet reports of reversing T2D, which indicated that Newcastle University and most of the medical professional were about 5 years behind on what others, dismissed as quacks and salesmen, have been reporting. If I knew back when I was diagnosed with T2D what I know now, the road to reversing this disease would have been substantially easier. There is always the worry that I jumped the gun in dispensing with the meds, particularly as my next annual blood test is not until the end of the year, but I feel a lot better and I test myself several times a day, with the readings far better than when I was on them. Well done yourself on your own regime, which appears a lot stricter and controlled than my own. Keep it up and best wishes.

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Many thanks for the kind words. My T2D was not as serious as some of the others I am reading on the forum and kept in relative control with metformin and without seriously dieting. I didn't realise that it was reversible until I came across an early report on the Newcastle research. In attempting to find out more about the project I came across the various you tube and other internet reports of reversing T2D, which indicated that Newcastle University and most of the medical professional were about 5 years behind on what others, dismissed as quacks and salesmen, have been reporting. If I knew back when I was diagnosed with T2D what I know now, the road to reversing this disease would have been substantially easier. There is always the worry that I jumped the gun in dispensing with the meds, particularly as my next annual blood test is not until the end of the year, but I feel a lot better and I test myself several times a day, with the readings far better than when I was on them. Well done yourself on your own regime, which appears a lot stricter and controlled than my own. Keep it up and best wishes.
Best wishes to you too and good luck! It's fantastic that you have managed to take control now, it's amazing how quickly the body starts to heal once you stop whatever was causing the issues. Honestly if you are keeping an eye on your numbers then I wouldn't worry, I just recently dropped 500mg of Metformin and my numbers are starting to trend down. I'll admit that keto has been easy for me as I mainly ate meat with my meals in the first place but then between? It was high carb and processed food which is probably what did me in.

pr126

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had my yearly session with the diabetes nurse, and discussed the results (Hbac1 37), she was very pleased and surprised.
It was agreed to stop taking medication (Glucophage SR 1x 500 mg daily), subject to review in six month time.

But to maintain this, it must become a way of life. Low carb forever.
Otherwise, diabetes will return with all the dangerous complications.
Yes, it needs determination and perseverance.

KookieMunchster

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Religious & Political Fanaticism, that sneeze that just won't happen, creepy ventriloquist dolls and oompaloompas.
This is day 80 since my diagnosis and today I finally got the results of my 3 month HBA1C review which is
"Normal for a person without diabetes"
:joyful:

They read my Fructasamine levels because of my blood mutation ( Thalassemia) which is 241 and registers as < than 42mmol.
At diagnosis my HBA1C was 55 mmol/mol.

:shy: I'm just happy that I feel I've got a handle on it. My next review is in 6 months and I'll work at improving :happy:

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is day 80 since my diagnosis and today I finally got the results of my 3 month HBA1C review which is

They read my Fructasamine levels because of my blood mutation ( Thalassemia) which is 241 and registers as < than 42mmol.

:shy: I'm just happy that I feel I've got a handle on it. My next review is in 6 months and I'll work at improving :happy:

Fantastic

Reactions: KookieMunchster

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'

Great news Kookie!

Keep up the great work
Po

Reactions: Shas3

AdamW2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi

I had my 3 month HBA1C back after my original diagnosis earlier in the year. Down from 60 to 34! Very happy :)

They insisted on giving me Metformin when I said I wanted to do it on diet alone. I took 1 pill a day for a couple of weeks and then stopped taking them to see the effect on my blood glucose. :angelic: I never went back to them as BG was staying in normal range.

I dieted hard from day 1 of diagnosis and in a little over 3 months I dropped over 50lbs. I cut down on carbs a little and avoided sugary treats altogether, but generally just kept to a low cal diet. I think mostly the drop in weight has allowed my body to work with insulin better and every now and then I test by eating some heavy carbs or sugary pastries. BG never spikes above high 7s so it's looking good. But I have no intention of going back to my previous lifestyle and extreme eating.

Another HBA1C test scheduled for 3 months. Nurse said if I get another good result I'll be coded as remission. So hopefully sharing this is not too premature.

To all other recently diagnosed type 2 who are feeling as lost as I was those first few weeks, I wish you the best, don't lose hope.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Great HbA1c and weight reductions @AdamW2! Thanks for posting, it's an inspiration for all of us.

Reactions: catinahat