Not open for further replies.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
The very first posting refers to eating less beef, lamb etc. It does not suggest that meat will not be available. I fully understand the concerns of diabetics who have come to rely on carnivore diets in order to control their diabetes. At the moment this seems to be at best a one-sided discussion and has elements of a diatribe against anyone who chooses to limit their consumption of animal products or indeed not consume animal products at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robinredbreast

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
I am hearing a great deal about personal preference for protein sources and not a lot about responsibility to the entire global community of ALL organisms.
Not from my perspective. On the carb side I have courgettes, cauliflower, carrots, tomatoes, leeks, broccoli and butternut squash; cous cous, rice, potatoes and pasta will ruin my blood sugars and set me back. The thought of replacing meat and fish with Tofu makes me heave, I think I understand how a Vegan feels towards meat. I have watched what happens to around 80% of long term Vegans online on YouTube, some have given up £1000's on their channels as they have had to go back to animal protein either very quickly or around 5 years. I cannot afford the experiment, having got Type 2 ironically going on a health kick, eating additional oats, and lots of fruit, dates, rice pudding (no sugar) and similar.

As I see it, for long term guaranteed health for the majority, unadulterated animal protein works for the majority practically, but some don't like it ethically - should this mean with extinct ourselves with foods that raise our blood sugars; I got better on zero carb animal protein not low fat high carb.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The very first posting refers to eating less beef, lamb etc. It does not suggest that meat will not be available. I fully understand the concerns of diabetics who have come to rely on carnivore diets in order to control their diabetes.
Read up on all the other links and mentions in this thread about fake meat and compulsory vegan diets. Its not one isolated article, although that is the one which broke the camels back and caused the thread, its the sum total, over the past few weeks, of propaganda and lies to demonise meat eating and make those who continue to eat meat pariahs.

Last edited:

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My local butcher closed - it was losing money and just could not continue, but it was an excellent source of meat from animals which had grazed the green fields of Dorset all its life.
With the threat of our government allowing chlorinated chicken to be imported as part of some trade deal - I feel that we all need to be more aware of how our food is produced - the plants in the US where chicken is processed have dreadfully high levels if serious injuries, amputations are not unusual. Something is very wrong with the driving force behind the entire industry.

Hotpepper20000

As long as I can afford it (i understand I am very fortunate that I can.) I will support all the local meat producers in my area. I know where my meat comes from and how it’s treated.

Instead of restricting meat products let’s use our resources to make sure the animals are raised with out hormones and antibiotics, as well as humanly raised.

Reactions: 1spuds

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My local butcher closed - it was losing money and just could not continue, but it was an excellent source of meat from animals which had grazed the green fields of Dorset all its life.
With the threat of our government allowing chlorinated chicken to be imported as part of some trade deal - I feel that we all need to be more aware of how our food is produced - the plants in the US where chicken is processed have dreadfully high levels if serious injuries, amputations are not unusual. Something is very wrong with the driving force behind the entire industry.
Our excellent local butchers has said to my wife that the press reports have harmed their business also, one of the reasons why we are hosting a seminar in our area to advertise their superfoods. I am now just 17.5% below what I could bench press at my peak in my 20's; in the last 2 months I have increased my bench press by 50%, and similar gains elsewhere during my LCHP / carnivore phase - coincidence? I don't think so.

Reactions: 1spuds

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I live in an area where we can neither grow crops or build houses on the steep rocky outcrops, the isolated steep hills, the scrub land. Yet sheep happily graze there. This is good use of the land.

Last edited:

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Read up on all the other links and mentions in this thread about fake meat and compulsory vegan diets. Its not one isolated article, although that is the one which broke the camels back and caused the thread, its the sum total, over the past few weeks, of propaganda and lies to demonise meat eating and make those who continue to eat meat pariahs.
Hi Lucy. I have now read all of the links on this thread and cannot find anything about a 'compulsory vegan diet'. I have found plenty about reducing consumption of animal based foods but nothing compulsory. Have I missed something?

Reactions: LooperCat

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Please take a look at the impact of Agriculture (according to "their" (disputed) numbers. Hardly extinction level is it:

upload_2019-6-13_20-19-42.png

The Video:

This is what the cut in Beef could be, reported by Channel 4. Does this marry with the percentage above....or is there someone's agenda creeping in:
upload_2019-6-13_20-25-10.png

At point 4 mins and 33 seconds may be worth listening to. How I would love this lady to talk to any of us about being forced to be healthy:

Reactions: Guzzler

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Lucy. I have now read all of the links on this thread and cannot find anything about a 'compulsory vegan diet'. I have found plenty about reducing consumption of animal based foods but nothing compulsory. Have I missed something?
This is extracted from the report that was presented recently to the UN, the EU and the Commons Select Committee on Climate Change

Attachments

• Table 6 extraction.pdf
    60.2 KB · Views: 297
Reactions: Guzzler

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not in this thread perhaps. I watch and listen to as many Vegan videos as I can (YouTube must think I am confused in my beliefs). I respect you and non-hierarchy ethical Vegetarians and Vegans, but those at the top are frankly hideous and liars. They must have seen the works of Eric Westman, Virta, this site, Diet Doctor and still they refuse to acknowledge there are alternate ways to health, this is an example last week. The point of interest is at 24 mins 11 secs, with the zinger at 25:52:

pdmjoker

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Animal based husbandry is proven to be the best soil regenerative ecosystem, compared to the destructive mono nonsense the plant equivalents.
Too true - well managed grass grazed beef is positive for the environment. For example see here. It is grain-fed beef that causes the real environmental problems.

A Beyond Today podcast from the BBC dated 24 April 2019 featured a BBC journalist who for a year worked extremely hard at reducing the carbon footprint of his family (wife and two children). They even sold their car and didn't fly. They only managed a 20% reduction. I gather the whole basis of how we live (eg: not burning fossil fuels for domestic heating) needs to change if we are to make the necessary significant changes to CO2 emissions...

I don't know if this has already been mentioned in this thread, but this talk: LIERRE KEITH — THE DARK TRUTHS BEHIND VEGANISM & VEGETARIANISM might be of interest...

Last edited:

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
The very first posting refers to eating less beef, lamb etc. It does not suggest that meat will not be available. I fully understand the concerns of diabetics who have come to rely on carnivore diets in order to control their diabetes. At the moment this seems to be at best a one-sided discussion and has elements of a diatribe against anyone who chooses to limit their consumption of animal products or indeed not consume animal products at all.

It's the notional "threat" of change that is disagreeable. Usually one way lectures and I'm yet to see anyone on the meat eating side interested in imposing their food choices on others

Last edited:
Reactions: lucylocket61

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The thin of the wedge and where it may lead based on the examples being set elsewhere and the approach being taken, somewhat be stealth, is our concern.

The”diatribe” is not against those who choose not to eat meat or use animal products, but against those who seek to remove our right or ability to do so. A very big difference. We’re happy to respect your choices and allow you (collective you not personal) to make them, just want that respect reciprocated.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have I missed something?

Yes quite possibly.. the Eat Lancet commission on which most of these guidelines are founded talks quite openly about legislating to stop meat consumption.
It uses faulty science and even more faulty logic to try and "save the world" by ceasing meat production and pushing everyone towards a plant only diet. The simple fact that a plant only diet for the expected 11 bio population is almost impossible to achieve doesn't get much press nor the simple fact that if everyone limited their child production to one per couple maximum then the population crisis would be over in a generation.
I guess with the lowered sperm count in vegan men this could well end up being the final solution anyway.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
if everyone limited their child production to one per couple maximum then the population crisis would be over in a generation.

That is just taking a different choice away from those that want more than one child. No different than taking away our choice to eat animal products. It was tried in China with horrendous results, and has now been relaxed slightly. I believe they can now have 2 children if one of the parents was an only child.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That is just taking a different choice away from those that want more than one child. No different than taking away our choice to eat animal products. It was tried in China with horrendous results, and has now been relaxed slightly. I believe they can now have 2 children if one of the parents was an only child.
Possibly... but worth it for future generations?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe but isn’t that the vegan argument too? I think we need to choose our arguments wisely.
Just demonstrating that there are alternative arguments..
Good one to use on vegans who have kids also...

Status
Not open for further replies.