Type 2 Life

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Dear Friends,

I had a lovely, delicious Roast Turkey dinner at my friends Lily and her son Gary's house in Loughborough Junction yesterday of a massive turkey leg, sliced turkey, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, pigs-in-blankets, sage and onion stuffing balls, chestnuts, sliced carrots, brussel sprouts and peas and some M and S foodhall gravy. The turkey was from Aldi in Streatham and the pigs-in-blankets, sage and onion stuffing balls and chestnuts were from M and S. We pulled crackers, wore paper hats and Lily even gave me a glass of white wine to have with my dinner. Her friend, Gino, an elderly man who she had for dinner says I've put on a lot of weight since Christmas last year and I have a wobbly, large tummy. Gino has had a heart bypass operation in the past.

I really enjoyed my Christmas Dinner at Lily's.

Reactions: heh and tina_marie

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Dear Friends,

I had a lovely, delicious Roast Turkey dinner at my friends Lily and her son Gary's house in Loughborough Junction yesterday of a massive turkey leg, sliced turkey, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, pigs-in-blankets, sage and onion stuffing balls, chestnuts, sliced carrots, brussel sprouts and peas and some M and S foodhall gravy. The turkey was from Aldi in Streatham and the pigs-in-blankets, sage and onion stuffing balls and chestnuts were from M and S. We pulled crackers, wore paper hats and Lily even gave me a glass of white wine to have with my dinner. Her friend, Gino, an elderly man who she had for dinner says I've put on a lot of weight since Christmas last year and I have a wobbly, large tummy. Gino has had a heart bypass operation in the past.

I really enjoyed my Christmas Dinner at Lily's.
Merry Christmas @JohnnyBaker87 :)

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm glad you had a lovely Christmas day @JohnnyBaker87. I hope you all did.

I've had Alan's family here since Sunday so have been very busy with the catering. I've also been very naughty food wise :rolleyes:.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Dear Friends,

My Blood Glucose Level at 2:34 Post Meridian Greenwich Mean Time, today, Friday 28th December 2018 Anno Domini is 14.7 Millimoles Per Litre after drinking 2, at two different times of today, caffeinated instant coffee with full-fat milk and two sugars each plus a very greasy toasted fried bacon sandwich with 2 rashers of microwave oven cooked back bacon, 2 slices of Kingsmill white soft bread and tomato ketchup. I also drank two cans of Coca-Cola Zero soft drink around my friend Ioanna Ferlia's flat.

I am hoping to give the LCHF Diet another shot as a New Year's Resolution for Jesus.

Reactions: Daphne917 and heh

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dear Friends,

My Blood Glucose Level at 2:34 Post Meridian Greenwich Mean Time, today, Friday 28th December 2018 Anno Domini is 14.7 Millimoles Per Litre after drinking 2, at two different times of today, caffeinated instant coffee with full-fat milk and two sugars each plus a very greasy toasted fried bacon sandwich with 2 rashers of microwave oven cooked back bacon, 2 slices of Kingsmill white soft bread and tomato ketchup. I also drank two cans of Coca-Cola Zero soft drink around my friend Ioanna Ferlia's flat.

I am hoping to give the LCHF Diet another shot as a New Year's Resolution for Jesus.
Hi Johhny

A couple of little changes that would help - can you change the sugar in your coffee for sweeteners, my Alan (husband) uses Hermesetas and he used to have loads of sugar. Also swapping the white bread for wholemeal would be better. Having the Coke Zero is good.

I'm considering joining the Low Carb programme in the New Year and Alan wants to lose some weight too and get his HbA1c back down as it's been creeping up a little bit.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Hi Johhny

A couple of little changes that would help - can you change the sugar in your coffee for sweeteners, my Alan (husband) uses Hermesetas and he used to have loads of sugar. Also swapping the white bread for wholemeal would be better. Having the Coke Zero is good.

I'm considering joining the Low Carb programme in the New Year and Alan wants to lose some weight too and get his HbA1c back down as it's been creeping up a little bit.
I'm not very good with my dietary requirements and really struggle with autistic sensory sensitivity in craving complex carbohydrates which are disasterous for type 2 diabetes blood glucose levels. I think sweeteners are much better than sugar which could leave me with neuropathy, amputation and retinopathy and maculopathy. I don't want that, @heh, I really don't. I'm hoping the new Carer in http://www.sharedlivesplus.org.uk will support me with that.

Reactions: heh

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Dear Friends,

I had to call NHS 111 out-of-hours medical service last night because I was running a low-grade fever, had tingling/burning in my urination, abdomen discomfort, pressure on my lower abdomen and wanting to urinate a lot. The doctor came last night and I tested positive for a urinary tract infection which she said is caused by the excessively high glucose in my urine. She bought some antibiotic tablets around with her last night so that I could start taking them straight away as there were no chemists open at that time of night. The name of the antibiotics are Trimethoprim and they're 200 mg each. I've got to take one tablet twice a day for a 7-day course of tablets. It was my care agency where my care comes from that advised me to phone NHS 111.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dear Friends,

I had to call NHS 111 out-of-hours medical service last night because I was running a low-grade fever, had tingling/burning in my urination, abdomen discomfort, pressure on my lower abdomen and wanting to urinate a lot. The doctor came last night and I tested positive for a urinary tract infection which she said is caused by the excessively high glucose in my urine. She bought some antibiotic tablets around with her last night so that I could start taking them straight away as there were no chemists open at that time of night. The name of the antibiotics are Trimethoprim and they're 200 mg each. I've got to take one tablet twice a day for a 7-day course of tablets. It was my care agency where my care comes from that advised me to phone NHS 111.
Hope you feel better very soon Johnny

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@JohnnyBaker87 I cannot type well. I have a trapped nerve in my neck so my shoulder and arm is in huge pain. Too painful to one finger type even. Dull (toothache like) pain in my neck and no supporting muscle use to raise my upper arm, away from my body. Dr diagnosed another trapped nerve.
So my whole right side has immobility issues. Neighbours are going to think I've had a stroke. I haven't, it's definitely trap nerves. Mostly caused by accommodating my youngest child bed space due to his attachment issues. CAMS are coming to see us in the new year, maybe they have some better suggestions. The top bunk bed may just continue being bedding storage rather than him being in his own bed. Oldest son needs the bottom bunk to himself, he's 5ft 6in and size 11uk shoe at 11yrs old.
Have you had a Merry Christmas?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Dear Friends,

You need that sugar down @JohnnyBaker87. Have people been buying you sweets and chocolates for Xmas presents?

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
My blood glucose level was 11.6 this morning after I went to visit my friend Ioanna to help her do some online shopping on PC2 at Solomon's Internet Cafe because she's not computer-literate like me so she was really thankful to me for the kind-heartedness I displayed towards her and paid for a cooked breakfast of two rashers of fried bacon, two fried pork sausages, scrambled egg and baked beans. I know my UTI is still ongoing so I have to not eat certain foods that are going to irritate my bladder/urinary tract like tomatoes, fizzy drinks, fruit juices and tea and coffee.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
You need that sugar down @JohnnyBaker87. Have people been buying you sweets and chocolates for Xmas presents?
No. my dear friend, @ickihun, my Christmas gifts largely consisted of toiletries and clothing. I did receive from the food bank Christmas hamper a big box of quality street chocolates which i ate a lot of. and i had Christmas pudding and cream on Christmas day.

Reactions: ickihun and heh

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Happy New Year everyone. I may not be on-line at midnight.
I know myself and @JohnnyBaker87 have a big change coming our way.
Anyone else expecting something wonderful in 2019?

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy New Year to you too @ickihun & everyone else. Here's to a happy & healthy 2019.
I defo won't be up at midnight :hilarious:

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Wishing you all a happy new year.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
A very Happy New Year to all my fellow Diabetic special friends on Type 2 Life and the wider Forum of http://www.diabetes.co.uk, may this year bring about changes in 2019 that are not only life-changing and joy-inspiring but also a time to fulfil all our new year's resolutions but also a new year of new beginnings and a fresh start. I'm hoping to be moved to my fabulous http://www.sharedlivesplus.org.uk property and witness what it's like to be part of a family again. I was hoping to have been found a placement by Christmas 2018 but my care coordinator told me on the telephone a few days ago that 2019 would be a year when I move. I won't be here in this flat by Christmas 2019.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
images (4).jpg

Happy New Year everyone.

Reactions: tina_marie