Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning, early but not stupidly early.
I love being awake early if I haven’t got to go out. I’m watching the effects of the very windy weather on the Cornish countryside outside my bedroom window and feeling very cosy.

JanetMcDowell

5.3 today. And my 'little bit of chat' is a quick update.

I dropped off a letter to my GP surgery yesterday. Addresses to the 2 main DNs. I enclosed the Inspirational Stories booklet, 100 stone lost doc, blood sugar testing leaflet, low carb recipes, Dr Unwins paper, details about MP Tom Watson and a covering letter asking them to share all enclosed info with all hcp's, (10) and listed them. I added my latest social media post which i can't attach here as far exceeds 1000 characters! I will give them a couple of weeks and contact surgery. I said I didn't want to take up a valuable appointment so sending in the info and confirmed my email and mobile number for contact. Can't do much re getting our story out into the media as the DCUK PR team are currently working on this and I'm positive lots will come out of our wonderfully positive Birmingham event.

I'm also going to email some if not all local surgeries asking for stats on how many patients have reversed or put their diabetes into remission.

Bit windy on the north west coast today!

You are an inspiration to us all. You have worked really hard to get the message out to the hcps and help everyone with this terrible disease. Thankyou.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 this morning. It’s been a month since dropping one Metformin a day and I have seen an effect. Haven’t had a fasting in the 4s or low 5s recently and my bs levels are more unpredictable especially fasting and post prandial. I’m hoping that my HbA1c doesn’t rise out of the 30s when I get it checked end of next month.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You are an inspiration to us all. You have worked really hard to get the message out to the hcps and help everyone with this terrible disease. Thankyou.
Your words are too kind. I don't feel that way about myself. I feel a bit of a lose canon sometimes. I get gripped by a cause. When something isn't right I fight to get justice. I have a complaints template haha.I feel nobody is REALLY listening to the professionals like fung and unwin apart from a few. But how can they not listen to the ones dealing with the condition and dealing with it well enough to stop it's progression and even put it into remission. Straight from the horses mouth. It might only take a few Birmingham type events where we all get together to get the message across, and that drives me. I have another inspirational story to send to DCUK today to add to our booklet. They just keep coming. If I had time I could sit here sorting 100s of them. It's thanks to people like you who sit there supporting others and giving advice that so many gain control and get their health back.so I'm right back at you with a massive thank you.