Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Nicole T

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well the little finger on my left hand is a 6.9 @ 8:45 this morning, so re-tested my index finger on the same hand and got a 6.3. I'm going with the lower reading, as I can't think of one good reason why I'd be a 6.9. I did snack quite a bit yesterday, but entirely on near zero carb foods.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.1 first scan @ 5.10 am. Averaged a few for good measure - 4.4 will do. These are all Libre so pinch of salt needed but 20 gms carb, 1540 cals in 1830 BMR yesterday so along the right lines.

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
7.4 today all self inflicted with not being able to get back to work getting bored so eating more although mostly still healthy foods at least another 4-5weeks till things hopefully improve work wise

Lmcfall

My morning (i.e., Friday, 21 Aug 2020 @ 5:30am) Blood Glucose Fasting Test was 138mg/dL. I consider this a little high in comparison to my past Morning Blood Glucose Fasting Test however, my Doctor took me off of medication (i.e., Metformin) 4 days ago. This would be the first Morning Blood Glucose Test I have performed off of medication which could very well be the reason for the elevated reading. A possible abnormally high reading in the mornings has been identified as “Dawn Phenomenon” . I have to consider this however, I will be taking further test to determine results.