Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
5.1 today at the first check the second check was 5.3 on a different finger WOW never been that low before

nsh2111

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
One question, what unit are people reporting these numbers :)

I realised that I have been writing my mmol/l readings. So just want to confirm what units are being used.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 this morning at 5am
6.0 at 10am

The culprit is a meal out last night. Tapas but not carb free obviously. And it included a dish of nachos with chilli beef cheese and jalapenos. The 3 large glasses of red might not have helped. One yes but not 3!!!I'm sure the nachos are the culprit though ad I did polish off almost the whole dish on my own! I was feeling quite hungry. Will have a very low carb day today :) just trying to get myself out of bed (it was a late night) with a promise of eggs and bacon which I'm making for myself. It's at times like these that I could do with a live in chef!!!

Update: It's 7.3 just before my eggs n bacon at midday!!! I know both the excess wine and nachos are to blame. Steak for me next meal out....and iced water!!!

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.9 this morning at 5am
6.0 at 10am
The culprit is a meal out last night. Tapas but not carb free obviously. And it included a dish of nachos with chilli beef cheese and jalapenos. The 3 large glasses of red might not have helped. One yes but not 3!!!I'm sure the nachos are the culprit though ad I did polish off almost the whole dish on my own! I was feeling quite hungry. Will have a very low carb day today :) just trying to get myself out of bed (it was a late night) with a promise of eggs and bacon which I'm making for myself. It's at times like these that I could do with a live in chef!!!

I usually make my breakfast and take it back to bed!

Reactions: Freema