Weekly weigh in - Fridays

IanBish

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
2lbs off this week, lots of walking early in the morning is helping, I think. :)

How has your week been? It is hard to not want ice cream in this weather, this is my first summer without it. :hungry:
Well done!

I've barely lost a pound this week. But at least the scales are going in the right direction. Here's hoping for better results next week.

LeafyArts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done!

I've barely lost a pound this week. But at least the scales are going in the right direction. Here's hoping for better results next week.
Thanks Ian, sometimes the scales will do that, but catch up at a later date, even so, they are still going in the right direction, which is encouraging and means you are still doing all the right things. :)

Reactions: IanBish

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Could have been worse! down 5 ozs 216.4

LeafyArts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I lost 2.5lbs this week, which gets me nearer to my first 50lbs off, yay. Mind you, this week has felt like a bit of a slog and the end goal feels so far, far away (at least a year), but I am not going to give up. Thanks for the support on here, it is a real help.

How has your weight behaved this week?

• Winner
Reactions: EllieM and filly

JimPartie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope you don’t mind me joining, as I’m prediabetic. Going for HbA1c today.
I’ve been lurking and reading on this site since Feb 2016, with very little posting.
start weight 18st 3.2 lbs on July 27th 2023.
Todays weight 17st 6 lbs.
This week 3.6 lbs down.

IanBish

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done for beating those conspiring forces and still losing that pound!
Thank you. Hopefully they'll be gone next week, so I can crack on with the task in hand.
I lost 2.5lbs this week, which gets me nearer to my first 50lbs off, yay. Mind you, this week has felt like a bit of a slog and the end goal feels so far, far away (at least a year), but I am not going to give up. Thanks for the support on here, it is a real help.
Excellent! I'm sorry it felt like a slog, but what a good attitude. Carry on carrying on.

IanBish

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve been lurking and reading on this site since Feb 2016, with very little posting.
This week 3.6 lbs down.
Good luck with your HbA1c test.

And that's an impressive weekly weight loss. I'm almost exactly the same weight as you. I hope to get to 17½ stone, if not a bit lower, by this time next week.

Reactions: EllieM

LeafyArts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This week 3.6 lbs down.
Oh yes, the more the merrier, Jim, glad to have you here. That is great progress since the end of July - and a good loss this week too. Good luck for your HbA1c today!

• Agree
Reactions: EllieM and IanBish

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Feeling myself to be a bit fat at 2.3kg over normal (for me) weight. Am lethargic and demotivated. Have been really lazy and near enough ignoring carb intake for a few months. Exercise has been abandoned too, apart from that which comes from the daily routine.
Time to shape up so will be phoning doc to arrange HbA1c test. Maybe cholesterol levels as well.

LeafyArts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Feeling myself to be a bit fat at 2.3kg over normal (for me) weight. Am lethargic and demotivated. Have been really lazy and near enough ignoring carb intake for a few months. Exercise has been abandoned too, apart from that which comes from the daily routine.
Time to shape up so will be phoning doc to arrange HbA1c test. Maybe cholesterol levels as well.
It is amazing how just a little weight gain can impact how we feel, I hope you can nip it in the bud and get it back to a comfortable range for you. I am trying to go for a 1hr walk every day, that helps my weight loss, my blood sugars and my wellbeing, I recommend it. :D Good luck with the blood tests, let us know how you get on!

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Carbs could have been lower this week but ok most days. Weight down 1.6lbs 214.9 so pleased.

Reactions: LeafyArts

LeafyArts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I lost 3lbs this week, which brings me half a pound over the 50lbs lost since May. :) That is my first goal achieved, now I have to do it all over again for my second goal! :banghead:

How are you doing? If your weight hasn't cooperated (sometimes that happens for no apparent reason), have you noticed any NSVs (Non Scale Victories)?