Weekly weigh in - Fridays

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Well I knew I hadn't had the best week. Could have been worse. 0.2lb put on 214.0

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
73.4kg, sob, up from 72kg last week. Lots of issues with dawn phenomena and hypos and hypers, so maybe not totally a surprise. I guess next week is another week.
73kg. Why does it go up so much faster than it goes down?

• Agree
Reactions: LeafyArts and filly

KitSileya

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had to weigh myself a couple of days early, as I had a doctor's appointment for my lungs tonight, and am now 72.2kg. They note down weight for the spirometry tests. The doctor was very impressed at my 7kg weight loss since the last time I saw him this spring - since most of the weight came from my upper belly, it's most likely a cause for the improvement in my cough, though he referred me for a gastroscopy to check out my reflux. My BMI is now 28, down from over 30 - yay! Very re-assuring if I should need surgery.

LeafyArts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had to weigh myself a couple of days early, as I had a doctor's appointment for my lungs tonight, and am now 72.2kg. They note down weight for the spirometry tests. The doctor was very impressed at my 7kg weight loss since the last time I saw him this spring - since most of the weight came from my upper belly, it's most likely a cause for the improvement in my cough, though he referred me for a gastroscopy to check out my reflux. My BMI is now 28, down from over 30 - yay! Very re-assuring if I should need surgery.
That is great news all round, the weight loss as well as the improvement with your cough. I hope you can sort the reflux, that does irritate the throat and can cause a cough too. Well done though!

Reactions: EllieM and filly

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
A steak week. Must have done the job. Down 1 whole pound. 213.0

LeafyArts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have lost 3.5lbs this week, totally delighted with that, I think it is due to my increase in exercise and a particularly busy week where food has not been a priority.

How has your week been?

Reactions: Paule Foster

IanBish

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have lost 3.5lbs this week, totally delighted with that, I think it is due to my increase in exercise and a particularly busy week where food has not been a priority.

How has your week been?
Great news! I seem to lost 2.5lbs this week. A pat on the back for both of us. :cool:

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: LeafyArts and filly

LeafyArts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
2lbs off this week, lots of walking early in the morning is helping, I think. :)

How has your week been? It is hard to not want ice cream in this weather, this is my first summer without it. :hungry:

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I hate yo-yoing up over 3lbs 216.4