What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to hear about your issues this morning @Goonergal and condolences to your mum @shelley262. Health problems here so far limited to Julie needing painkillers she had to sign for as they are a controlled drug- hoping my joints stay working or we are properly screwed.
Lots of tea then a gamble on a coffee - before Julie's back worsened; 14.00 2 small chicken thighs and mix of avocado, celery, white onion, ACV , EVO and 2 hard boiled eggs. Dinner was Ox cheek casserole in IP - prepared and cooked by me. After industrial language with lid closing problem it was easy; made cheesy dumplings and placed on top of this then finished cooking in the oven - before realising I always disliked dumplings cooked that way ( I only liked a suet crust cooked separately) ate that about 19.50 late but unavoidable. Dumplings were OK but will try again the way used to cook the crust. Casserole was a safe bet.

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: cold roast chicken with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: peanut PhD bar and black coffee.
Dinner: Mexican style pulled chicken, leafy salad, pork scratchings and coleslaw followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: A liquid one called Iron Jack (a low carb beer), with garlic prawns at the bowls club.
Dinner: Pork chops and veggies.
Breakfast today: Usual cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon and tomato.

The ground black pepper and chilli flakes that I put in the omelette mix has a extra ingredient, my partner chucked quite a few cloves in to the pepper grinder and shook it up so I cannot fish them out. Tastes ok though.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's been a busy few days and unfortunately not all great food choices, mostly not shareable on here.:sorry: At least I'd had a successful 34 hour fast before this and I'll repeat this again next week. Some well needed damage limitation is needed. It was a very early drive up to Durham for work on Wednesday and I didn't get chance to eat dinner until well after 8pm. Another early start and then late home, again well after 8pm. Food has mostly been grabbing stuff here and there. No excuses, as there were sensible options but I caved in due to stress. I started off with good intentions (chocolate and pecans to graze on in the car for breakfast), but things went steadily downhill after this! Oh well, onwards and upwards. Today's menu was a bit better!

Breakfast: Lemon and lime chia pudding. Coffee and cream.
Lunch: Nothing but coffee, green tea and water for me. Mr B had a bresaola, Parmesan and rocket salad, followed by a small square of dark choc.
Dinner: Pizzaiola Chicken, courgetti, rocket and chicory and Parmesan salad. SF jelly and cream. Decaf coffee and a rather delicious square of 80% Waitrose 1 Single Origin Panama chocolate.

I'm glad the fast went well @shelley262. I could have easily gone on for longer, had it not been for the long drive. Sorry about the sad news for your mum.
@Goonergal I'm sorry to hear you've been out of sorts. Hope you're starting to feel a bit better.
@DJC3 I love a good Sancerre!

Tiredness and stress really are the enemies of good intentions aren’t they? You’ll soon be back on track when in your normal routine again though so no need to worry.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@shelley262 I’m so sorry for your mum’s loss. What a shock to her that is.
@ianpspurs I’m glad I’m not the only one who has trouble with the dag-blasted IP lid!!!!!! Sorry pain problems continue :(
Bfast a cherry tomato fir me and the one for @dunelm ,!1/2 avocado, egg, 2 sq 90% choc melted in mouth with decaf/soy/cream. Have to stop with the chocolate again; pp bg going up beyond comfort zone.
Lunch tap water (you gasp at my audacity! lol) and Dr Pepper-flavored seltzer water
Supper will probably have some mayo and a fancy American cheese called “Pawlett”, (says it’s inspired by toma, whatever that is) on a lc tortilla, lots of spinach and celery. Going for a walk now with the dream of supper to propel me uphill and the smell of the stable to keep me rushing back down.
Good night to all for whom it’s near or past bedtime. I played youall a little lullaby 10 minutes ago

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tiredness and stress really are the enemies of good intentions aren’t they? You’ll soon be back on track when in your normal routine again though so no need to worry.
Thank you. And the main thing is Mr B stayed on the LC path - I made him his fave low carb lasagne with courgette layers to heat up. We're off out to eat tomorrow evening, so I have a feeling my feral ways might not be over quite yet.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs hope pain eases for both of you soon!

Having to post for a second time - came out of swimming that hungry I could have eaten my right arm! So just waiting for a bacon and mushroom eggy muffin thing to cook. Super late to eat I know but needs must and a snack just isnt going to cut it! And as is always the case after swimming I’m wide awake and full of energy so can’t go to bed to forget about the hunger

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 I’m so sorry for your mum’s loss. What a shock to her that is.
@ianpspurs I’m glad I’m not the only one who has trouble with the dag-blasted IP lid!!!!!! Sorry pain problems continue :(
Bfast a cherry tomato fir me and the one for @dunelm ,!1/2 avocado, egg, 2 sq 90% choc melted in mouth with decaf/soy/cream. Have to stop with the chocolate again; pp bg going up beyond comfort zone.
Lunch tap water (you gasp at my audacity! lol) and Dr Pepper-flavored seltzer water
Supper will probably have some mayo and a fancy American cheese called “Pawlett”, (says it’s inspired by toma, whatever that is) on a lc tortilla, lots of spinach and celery. Going for a walk now with the dream of supper to propel me uphill and the smell of the stable to keep me rushing back down.
Good night to all for whom it’s near or past bedtime. I played youall a little lullaby 10 minutes ago

Thanks, it was delicious

Reactions: zauberflote

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cooked chinese last night. Stir fried oriental veg added prawns and coconut and lemongrass sauce (3g/100) also stir fried slivers of steak and mushrooms added pyster sauce (more carby but not much quantity wise). BUT I fell prey to the noodles I cooked for OH because I had done too many and they were there. I think without the noodles it might have been ok for me. Live and learn.
Cooking chicken breast wrapped in streaky bacon accompanied by salsa verde, tenderstem brocolli and saute potatoes for my two fellow diners. Then tomo after breakfast I drive to Bath with my friend for 3 days so hope I can find suitable menus. Am meeting up with youngest son whonis at Uni there so there will be at least one Nandos which is fine.
@Goonergal sorry a out the sickness, sounds awful.
@shelley262 awful shock for your mum, hope she is ok.
@DJ 3 hope you soon feel better

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cooked chinese last night. Stir fried oriental veg added prawns and coconut and lemongrass sauce (3g/100) also stir fried slivers of steak and mushrooms added pyster sauce (more carby but not much quantity wise). BUT I fell prey to the noodles I cooked for OH because I had done too many and they were there. I think without the noodles it might have been ok for me. Live and learn.
Cooking chicken breast wrapped in streaky bacon accompanied by salsa verde, tenderstem brocolli and saute potatoes for my two fellow diners. Then tomo after breakfast I drive to Bath with my friend for 3 days so hope I can find suitable menus. Am meeting up with youngest son whonis at Uni there so there will be at least one Nandos which is fine.

Nandos has become our Go To place if we’re out and about too - always good and never any bg surprises.
Have a wonderful time in Bath.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This really isnt a PS even though it looks like it but @ianpspurs sorry you and Mrs P are having a bad time of it but well done on conquering the pot and making a good casserole. You cant go wrong with a casserole IMO though here I cant use that word or the word stew so have to describe it as whatever in sauce. Hope Mrs P improves quickly.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for your thoughts @PenguinMum and to all of you on here.
Mums boyfriend had a stroke at top of stairs nearly two weeks ago at his place and this made it catastrophic as he fell down whole flight and he never regained consciousness unfortunately so his death was on the cards - the stroke and fall wasn’t. She’s sad but has been preparing emotionally over past two weeks. Sad thing too is she expected to go before him as she is 88 but he was only 69 ( so actually 19 years younger think said 17 before! But his 70th was due this year)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Meant to say enjoy Bath I love Nandos too great for our woe

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the referral. Will look at that for sure.
I've made a few of his recipes and they are really good. Just keep an eye on his soy additions. He uses liquid aminos as a replacement for soy or Tamari soy and it can get very salty. I have both - liquid aminos and Tamari but I do a lot of tasting now and dont use the full quantity suggested. Still excellent recipes though - very Chinese like.