What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Todays food
Breakfast: usual 1 slice HiLo toast, butter, tea.
Lunch: 1 h/b egg, 1 tomato, 1 tabsp waldorf salad. Tea.
Supper: h/m chicken curry, cauli rice, maybe some mushrooms.

Have managed to stop snacks between meals but though todays FBG was ok generally feel its a struggle.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening everyone. Posting now before I go to the pool as for once I’m super organised
B: peanut & sea salt bar with coffee
L: just snacks of cheese, peanuts and montezuma Black Forest chocolate
D: husband is under strict instructions to cook for when I get home seeing as I’m going swimming a little earlier tonight so I will be having 2 Morrison’s vintage cheddar beef quarter pounder burger (2.3g carb each) wrapped in bacon with melted cheese on top served with mushrooms, rocket, lettuce, cucumber & cherry tomatoes with some spicy mayo

And I’ve prepared my new recipe of the week and for the first time it’s not off DD - it’s the wonderful looking tuna melts that @Rachox posted a couple of days ago. My muffin tray has grown legs and walked off so I’ve made a giant one to portion out ready for my lunch at work tomorrow. Did have a little forkful just to check it was cooked of course and it’s taken all my restraint not to eat the lot now :) very yummy indeed!!!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Interesting day today after my gym and swim session - had iv with a daily mail journalist about my experience with the low carb programme as they are doing a 6 day series focusing on Dr Unwin and lc programme in April. Very interesting and at end she surprised me by asking to book a session for me with a hair and make up stylist and photographer for next tuesday! They also provide the clothes and shoes. Always fancied a make over will be interested in outcome! Will put on forum when def know dates of the series in the paper.
Breakfast late after gym and swim bacon and egg
No lunch
Dinner beef casserole cooked in slow cooker served on bed of mushrooms with glass of red wine followed by sf jelly with spoonful of yoghurt and double cream.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Interesting day today after my gym and swim session - had iv with a daily mail journalist about my experience with the low carb programme as they are doing a 6 day series focusing on Dr Unwin and lc programme in April. Very interesting and at end she surprised me by asking to book a session for me with a hair and make up stylist and photographer for next tuesday! They also provide the clothes and shoes. Always fancied a make over will be interested in outcome! Will put on forum when def know dates of the series in the paper.
Breakfast late after gym and swim bacon and eNo lunch
Dinner beef casserole cooked in slow cooker served on bed of mushrooms with glass of red wine followed by sf jelly with spoonful of yoghurt and double cream.
How exciting getting a full pamper session for the paper! And what great work promoting to others!

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Good evening all! Been so all over the shop I haven't been posting but back to it today.

Brekkers: Yep. CWC, surprise!
Lunch: Nope
Dinner: Tuna steaks with paprika, fish spice and olive oil with a baby leaf spinach salad with red pepper and some 90 second keto bread with butter.

Was naughty and had some berries with SF jelly for afters! I am going to have to try that tuna melt as well @Emma_369 and thank @Rachox for the recipe!

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Very interesting Shelley. I would like to see that.

Reactions: zauberflote

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What a glorious day! I hope it keeps like this for the monthly marathon shopping expedition tomorrow. Does everyone else have favourites they get from various different shops? It used to be so easy, just Mr C and me with a trolley each in an Asda Superstore - now its a whole day chore with visits to seven different shops with separate shopping lists for each place. :banghead:

That’s exactly what I have found. I was going to start a thread on that very topic but decided otherwise. In my case some of the shops are a fair distance away.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: gouda and chorizo rollitos with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: peach chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: cheese and mushroom omelette followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Spring sprung hereabouts and I ate two meals or thereabouts. Lunch was 2 ryvita nigella and linseed crackers, 2 hard boiled eggs mashed with mayo and chia seeds plus red little gem and cucumber. Evening meal was osso bucco pork with pan fried h/g purple sprouting. May be oopage in there a tsp of Maille wholegrain mustard in didn't look at carbs - should have picked W own brand. Wondered why it tasted like honey and mustard - very much to my liking and meat for 2 cost £1.69.
@DJC3 I have gone off coffee - should I pee on a stick? Amazon delivered a litter picker (for dog foul clearing) in a box large enough for a smart car:arghh:
Edit: Oh yes, I had some mixed olives with feta mixed in with lunch

Last edited:

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Good grief! If either of mine bring in a squirel incomplete or otherwise they will seriously be looking for a new home! I was wondering what could take on a roo too!

Haha iI have lived with cats ever since I was five years old. Several of them have been serious hunters. You just clean up the mess and move on. The part I don’t like is when the bird escapes inside the house.. That is very time-consuming, I will spare you my worst stories!

Reactions: maglil55 and Chook

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
That’s exactly what I have found. I was going to start a thread on that very topic but decided otherwise. In my case some of the shops are a fair distance away.

No, start it! I did that dumb one on eating styles, it’s somebody else’s turn…

Reactions: Chook and DJC3

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm back after going slightly AWOL. A few long days including lots of driving with work and not so great food choices for me. Back on the wagon from a LC perspective today, but went a bit crazy at dinner this evening. Not sure I'm going to get chance to catch up on posts, so hope everyone's doing okay.

Breakfast: Chocolate chia pudding and strawberries. Coffee and cream.
Lunch: For me copious amounts of coffee and tea, nothing to eat. Mr B had Comté, ham, turkey, olives, cucumber, tomato and salad leaves with lemon mustard dressing. And an almond milk cappuccino
Dinner: The thing is.....this arrived today: https://www.vonshef.com/vs_en/kitchen-electricals/rotary-waffle-maker
We had these with berries, whipped cream and maple flavoured LC syrup for dinner: https://lowcarbyum.com/coconut-flour-belgian-waffles/. They were so good, I didn't even stop to take a photo!

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Is that because you are ill and don’t fancy it? I find that going off coffee is one of the first indicators I’m coming down with something, and conversely when I can tolerate it again I know I’m getting better.
The first inkling I had of being pregnant with no 2 was when I was offered a coffee and refused, then thought to myself ‘that’s odd, not like me at all’. Sure enough a few days later pregnancy confirmed and morning sickness started.

I don't know -- I think its hot drinks not just coffee. (I'm 63 so definitely not pregnant)

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@BibaBee welcome back! Sorry your days were so lonnng, maybe it will get a little more relaxed for a time? I took one look at that waffle maker and bust out laughing! You will have lots of fun being hypnotized by it, right? I feel quite smug with my perfectly seasoned 1950’s era regular waffle maker Do you think that recipe would work for ordinary waffles? With flax substituted in for half the coconut?

Reactions: maglil55