What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
@Chook sorry to hear about your fluctuating bgs - sounds inexplicable and hope you manage to get back to the level
@zauberflote pleased no serious damage but sounded like a nasty experience
@Goonergal pleasedyoure feeling a bit better but sounds like you needed and need the rest - maybe a virus?
@DJC3 sounds like good preventative measures being taken to not eat the whole egg! Your birthday gifts sound very thoughtful though what a wonderful family
I got back to my early morning gym and swim today - missed Tuesday couldn’t make it -and had usual post swim hunger but very busy day so had to live with it a bit and catch up this evening!
Breakfast after swim bacon and egg
Pre dinner some warm freshly baked seeded crispbreads while cooking
Dinner duck stir fry with small glass red wine followed by sf jelly with spoon of yoghurt and spoon of cream decaf coffee and too many 100% choc buttons!
I’ve had frustrating day today including trying to get refund for train tickets booked ahead for next week to mums and needing to rebook them - after her next hospital appointment was changed at last min from next week to early following week! I also had to do so much other rearranging re work and family. Hard when living 120 miles away.cest la vie!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal I hope you improve quickly- nausea is nasty. One more day then the weekend!
Thanks everyone for back commiserations! Preliminary exam w xray shows no damage, Not Even a bruise! @DJC3 it wasn’t a “slip”! At the time I was about as far away from the tub as I can be in this bathroom. Putting magnesium foam on my leg, leg up on vanity, vestibular migraine gave its usual notice, and this time I tipped over slightly farther than I could compensate for. Anything that I might have caught myself on moved to an alternate universe for a split second, and hello bathtub!
Now having a hard time convincing myself to “make it til suppertime”. Grrr. Lack of sleep is a powerful will-weakener.

Crikey! How scary! Glad x rays showed no damage. I’m sure the bruises will appear tomorrow.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
@Chook sorry to hear about your fluctuating bgs - sounds inexplicable and hope you manage to get back to the level
@zauberflote pleased no serious damage but sounded like a nasty experience
@Goonergal pleasedyoure feeling a bit better but sounds like you needed and need the rest - maybe a virus?
@DJC3 sounds like good preventative measures being taken to not eat the whole egg! Your birthday gifts sound very thoughtful though what a wonderful family
I got back to my early morning gym and swim today - missed Tuesday couldn’t make it -and had usual post swim hunger but very busy day so had to live with it a bit and catch up this evening!
Breakfast after swim bacon and egg
Pre dinner some warm freshly baked seeded crispbreads while cooking
Dinner duck stir fry with small glass red wine followed by sf jelly with spoon of yoghurt and spoon of cream decaf coffee and too many 100% choc buttons!
I’ve had frustrating day today including trying to get refund for train tickets booked ahead for next week to mums and needing to rebook them - after her next hospital appointment was changed at last min from next week to early following week! I also had to do so much other rearranging re work and family. Hard when living 120 miles away.cest la vie!

That does sound frustrating - hope you managed the refund. I think a few extra buttons were well deserved. It would have been a whole pack if it were me probably.

Reactions: zauberflote

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Did eat chia porridge with a little oat in with milk and butter in too for breakfast

For lunch had 150 grams of salted almonds ( far too many calories though) but took part in a flee market and had no time for dinner

For dinner had som stew with mushrooms carrots eggs salsa and a few potatoes , made by my weg. Daughter

Last edited:

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Stop Press. Late edit:

Greek yogurt, wonky raspberries and a sprinkle of cacao nibs.

6FE7E04E-0AE5-4C07-8374-BDEC8F9657EA.jpeg

Last edited:

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Ooooft an OMAD day as usual today! Hope everyone has been doing okay though, tomorrow is the day I get some new clothes and kitted out for starting the gym and I have never been so excited to start!

Breakfast: CWC!
Luncheon: Oblivion
Dinner: Four pork chipolatas with high meat content, leftover gammon steak, two eggs and deep fried halloumi chips.

Decided to be naughty with a little SF Jelly and strawberries.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ow @zauberflote i thought i was the only person that kind of calamity happend to!
You have my sympathies. Hope the aches and pains ease soon - i always find things start to improve around day 3

@Goonergal hope you feel better now?

Today:
B: none
L: some lovely prawns with oomi noodles, cream, cheese and brinjal pickle. :wacky:
D: minted lamburglars (home made)

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just wanted to share my recent discovery of fruit flavoured sparkling water with no sweeteners. There are a few brands on the market right now and it seems to be a bit of a thing (probably due to the sugar tax on fizzy drinks). I like the odd Diet Coke or Sprite, but trying to cut down on these a bit. I've always loved plain sparkling water but found the awful fruit flavoured ones tasted too sweet and artificial. They are a bit pricey, but the odd deal comes up here and there (I got these from Ocado).
Stop Press. Late edit:

Greek yogurt, wonky raspberries and a sprinkle of cacao nibs.

View attachment 32173
Those raspberries don't even look slightly wonky! Looks delicious!

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just wanted to share my recent discovery of fruit flavoured sparkling water with no sweeteners. There are a few brands on the market right now and it seems to be a bit of a thing (probably due to the sugar tax on fizzy drinks). I like the odd Diet Coke or Sprite, but trying to cut down on these a bit. I've always loved plain sparkling water but found the awful fruit flavoured ones tasted too sweet and artificial. They are a bit pricey, but the odd deal comes up here and there (I got these from Ocado).

Yeah. I know. They sell them with that label. Strange.

I have seen the fruit flavoured sparkling waters with no sweetners. Wasn’t sure what to make of them. But have tried them and they are okay.

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ooooft an OMAD day as usual today! Hope everyone has been doing okay though, tomorrow is the day I get some new clothes and kitted out for starting the gym and I have never been so excited to start!

Breakfast: CWC!
Luncheon: Oblivion
Dinner: Four pork chipolatas with high meat content, leftover gammon steak, two eggs and deep fried halloumi chips.

Decided to be naughty with a little SF Jelly and strawberries.
Yay for new clothes! Great feeling! :D

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Not sure what happened here! Half a post combined with a reply! Anyway, this was the lovely drink, and coincidentally apparently they use 'wonky fruit'! :joyful: https://www.ocado.com/browse?filters=dash-221755

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry to here about your fall @zauberflote and glad to hear your feeling better @Goonergal. Hope your BG settles down soon @Chook - sending hugs.

B: Coffee with cream
Brunch / Lunch: Cooked breakfast at local café (treat as working from home today!). Mr B's without the carbs, I must confess I did indulge in one slice of sourdough toast. Coffee and cream.
Snack: A tiny piece (10g) of this chocolate: https://www.williescacao.com/product/sambirano-gold-71-madagascan-dark-chocolate/
D: Mexican pulled chicken very loosely based on this recipe: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/mexican-pulled-chicken-beans and served with avocado, sour cream, cheese and these LC tortillas which are excellent: https://www.gnom-gnom.com/grain-free-keto-tortillas/

No black or kidney beans, just one tin of tomatoes, a shallot and my own spice rub instead of chipotle paste. I also added a red pepper and used skin-on chicken thighs. I removed the skin towards the end and then baked it separately until it was delicious and crisp. Really lovely and so impressed with the tortillas. The recipe is definitely a keeper. :D

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the tip off. I’m going to look out for these. I struggle to drink enough water, I just don’t really like it, but these look quite nice.
It's a bit like old school Perrier with a hint of lemon, but with other flavours. Very subtle, but enough to detect the flavour. I really like the cucumber one, but I imagine it would be even nicer with gin! There are a few brands to keep an eye out for:
https://aqualibra.com/
https://uglydrinks.co.uk/
https://www.agbarr.co.uk/our-brands/le-joli/

I find it bizarre that the last one is made by the manufacturers of Iron-Bru!

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have started using Ocado, First delivery last Monday.
I used them a few years ago but recently started shopping with them again. I set up a new account to take advantage of their new customer offers! I'm not particularly loyal and shop all over!

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I used them a few years ago but recently started shopping with them again. I set up a new account to take advantage of their new customer offers! I'm not particularly loyal and shop all over!
Good idea.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Hi all cold and hungry today
Breakfast bacon and egg
Lunch tin sardines in olive oil, fair amount of mixed nuts and 100% choc buttons - more than intended but hunger had set in ( have run out of seed crackers must make some more soon as they are filling!)
Dinner salmon in lemon butter with cauliflower cheese and a couple of white wine spritzers mixed with soda water followed by sf jelly and yoghurt.
All sounds delicious