What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Had a lovely birthday with lots of smashing presents including a ‘Cornish keto’ hamper my eldest daughter put together - local cheese, butter, umami salt ( Cornish sea salt with seaweed) Raspberry gin, 95% cocoa chocolate, sprouting broccoli and radishes, clotted cream (obvs) and a pot of duck fat. A really thoughtful gift.
Breakfast was a couple of HC Supermilk chocolates from advent calendar.
L: smoked salmon, scrambled egg and avocado.
D: at local pub - gammon, egg and no chips - they swapped them for mushrooms and a salad. Back home for pud/cake which was a baked New York style cheesecake with raspberries from Carolyn Ketchum ‘s book Everyday ketogenic kitchen, also via link
https://familyspice.com/low-carb-cheesecake/
37752D04-8B36-4C39-AC95-C7C0CD922F01.jpg

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Bowls club nibbly plate of dubious content, several pots of Gold to wash the dubious stuff down.
Dinner: Leftover food in fridge cleanout.
Breakfast: Usual omelette, bacon, tomato.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugar / sweeteners, water, beer.

This pix has been doing the rounds from April fools day.

Usually see the pickle stuck to the ceiling at Maccas, not stuffed into a bun

ooIMsEo.jpg

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@shelley262 and @Debandez I can’t wait for the link to be posted!!!
@Goonergal Thumbs up #7! The “nutty flavor” recommends it.
@maglil55 busy chef you! I am so surprised you can get Hellman’s there! It’s the only mayo I’ve ever eaten; like mother like daughter... and I agree about new thread or title change but the app only has “like”.
I think I forgot to wish you Happy Birthday @Rachox . Better late than never!
Bfast already covered
Lunch DWC and butter and cacao butter. Tasted great. Pretty sure it’s cheating, especially as I’m currently fasting for Lent, and being hungry should be part of the deal.
Supper: went grocery shopping, looking for lamb chops for Mr ZF along with usual things. Meat dept says, they had a “reset” (which is never a good thing) and they don’t get lamb any more. Nevertheless, in my cruising I passed a pack of two of those non-meat act-like-meat burgers. On sale. Had one for supper. Satisfying flavor but I think it’s the charred-ness from frying at higher heat which predominates, very chewing texture, fat and beet juice oozing all over the place, and I have a bellyache. So, probably the second one will get chucked. This burger is composed mainly of chemically assisted ingredients, for which I have no use. Despite all the pea protein isolate () each 4 oz burger has only 2 net carbs. [eta] and at 2:20 pp, bg raised 1.1. Usually after supper I get a rise of 1 or under. Was it the burger? Was it the couple swigs of liquid twice-frozen skyr I’d had shortly before testing? I’ll never know, but I’m not enjoying having had that burger, so, not at all worth it.
Before that, celery, wilted spinach w hm dressing. I am contemplating putting some mug bread in on top of this bellyache. We shall see.
Sleep well all, see you in the morning!

Last edited:

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@SlimLizzy I can’t find the thread where you were talking about the move. Very much hoping you made it in one piece!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Looking at the number of posts on this thread is it perhaps time to start a new thread and call it "What have you eaten today (Low Carb) with recipe suggestions and some chat" - think that covers everything. Or maybe @Brunneria knows if we can change the title?

Great idea! Changing the title might be easier to avoid confusion.

Starting the day with a mug of tea with cream and very large glass of water and forum updates. Perfect!

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reactions: dunelm

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Another high FBG day (9.4) - and i can't work out why!! Maybe i should blame Brexit.

Today....

Breakfast: Nothing
Lunch: a small chunk of Brie (zero carb)
Dinner: Ham and cheese 3 egg omelette cooked with butter

Drinks: black decaff coffee and still spring water

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fasted overnight for blood glucose test at the Docs. Result pending.

Breakfast : Scrambled egg on a slice of toasted Burgen bread.
Lunch : Chunk of Brie and a small apple.
Dinner will be: Minced beef, with mixed veg on a bed of broccoli rice.

Snacks of cheese and walnuts along the way.

Tea.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lots of tea (with almond milk) up to evening meal then water. No breakfast as usual. Lunch was most frequent choice for a meal - mackerel fillets in evo, avocado in very large salad with plenty of evo and chia seeds and psyllium husk powder in the dressing. Evening meal was pork belly stew/casserole with chorizo, celery and mushrooms (used pork cheek leftovers). Ate stewed h/g rhubarb and cream after - couldn't bring myself to either have all 100 gms I analysed for ( this would have included some in CWC but don't need that often) or whip cream to make a fool. Probably ended with 40 mls cream and unsure of that decision. Rhubarb was very nice.

Last edited:

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lots of tea (with almond milk) up to evening meal then water. No breakfast as usual. Lunch was most frequent choice for a meal - mackerel fillets in evo, avocado in very large salad with plenty of evo and chia seeds and psyllium husk powder in the dressing. Evening meal was pork belly stew/casserole with chorizo, celery and mushrooms (used pork cheek leftovers). Ate stewed h/g rhubarb and cream after - couldn't bring myself to either have all 100 gms I analysed for ( this would have included some in CWC but don't need that often) or whip cream to make a fool. Probably ended with 40 mls cream and unsure of that decision. Rhubarb was very nice.
Okay, so that’s a memory jogger to me to buy some psyllium husk. Thanks.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Bit quiet in here today.

@Chook sorry about the FBG. So frustrating when there’s no obvious explanation. Blaming Brexit seems like a good idea though.

Bit of a hungry - and indulgent - day for me. Started early - for some reason the heating had been turned off at the offices. On a day that started freezing cold that wasn’t appreciated. Breakfast was M&S Serrano ham and manchego cheese rollitos.

Late morning snack was a bag of salted almonds.

Lunch was smoked salmon and whipped creamy cheese and a bag of pork crackling.

Dinner was 2 fried eggs and 4 small rashers streaky bacon. Had been planning on eating out but late afternoon snow (yes, snow, in London in April!) made me decide to go straight home from work.

Just polished off a few chocolate almond squares (which actually have more chopped Brazil nuts than chopped almonds in them). Made a batch for work tomorrow and ate the ones that didn’t fit into the Tupperware box. Yum.

Edited to change ‘walnuts’ to ‘Brazil nuts’.

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all cold and hungry today
Breakfast bacon and egg
Lunch tin sardines in olive oil, fair amount of mixed nuts and 100% choc buttons - more than intended but hunger had set in ( have run out of seed crackers must make some more soon as they are filling!)
Dinner salmon in lemon butter with cauliflower cheese and a couple of white wine spritzers mixed with soda water followed by sf jelly and yoghurt.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening All,

Decided in a new tack today, and really enjoyed it!

B: none
L: none
S: low carb hot chocolate
D: 2oz homemade pate, 10oz sirloin, 2 GF sausages. Boy was it good. I think the added pleasure was having them all on the plate together, and able to eat mouthfuls of different flavours and textures instead of just a single carnivorous option. Made it more satisfying. Think I got the macros right-ish, with the cream in the cocoa, and finishing the steak with butter.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: cheese and mushroom omelette with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: coffee chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: gammon steak, fried egg and a small portion of petit pois and sweetcorn followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
@SlimLizzy I can’t find the thread where you were talking about the move. Very much hoping you made it in one piece!
@zauberflote was not set up for internet for a couple of days. All sorted with the house now. Some teething difficulties ( of course) with motorhome, but cooker and heating are working.- good thing too as weather has turned cold, we had hail and snow yesterday, everything sparkling with heavy frost this morning. Amazingly my little seedlings have so far survived, was half expecting the shock of outside living to kill them.
not going to enter food for last few days, will take too long.

03-04
breakfast: nutty granola, yoghurt, and apricots, tea.
MrSlim has had to go back to work, so we were out all day while he did visits.
no lunch,
dinner: chicken casserole from supermarket, 1 small potato, carrot and swede roughly mashed, savoy cabbage cooked in butter.
few cups of tea, and coffee. Thinking about wine, but with scan tomorrow, perhaps other tests, better not.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Late posting for me. Agree @Goonergal and @maglil55 that if thread title could be changed to match what has evolved into an informative yet chatty thread it would suit us well - just adding ‘with chat’ would do.

Sticking to the straight and narrow though, today I had
B: smoked salmon and scrambled egg
L: Cheese, salami, olives and walnuts. Then a slice of yesterday’s cheesecake
D: Supposed to be trout fillets but ended up with 2 extra family members eating here so quickly changed plans and had roast chicken, cauli cheese, broccoli and mushrooms followed by cheese and lc seedy crackers. Champagne beforehand and 2 smallish glasses red during. It was a lovely and unexpected evening.