What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Viv19

What I’ve eaten today

Black coffee and 2 pieces dark chocolate.

Early Lunch
Boiled eggs, slices cheese, and coleslaw

Mid afternoon
Beef and green vegetables soup

2 cups coffee and cream
Water with tiny bit salt and squeeze lemon
Several cups of tea

That’s it.

>^..^<

That sounds very strict gennepher!

Reactions: gennepher

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Oh no! On this lovely day perfect for sitting out in the garden and my next door neighbour has purchased yet another clapped out old motorbike from eBay to do up and sell. Doing up seems to involve letting it run for hours at a time with intermittent revving up. We couldn't sit out because of the noise and smell so we went out to investigate the new shops in the next village and accidentally bought a new table and chairs for the garden.

So, today's food

Breakfast: boiled eggs and Livlife soldiers

Lunch: huge Costa coffee with little jugs of cream, one forkful of Mr C's coffee gateau (naughty)

Dinner: roast chicken, pork sausagemeat stuffing balls, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, few carrots, a couple of bits of parsnip - some h/m s/f cranberry sauce and gravy

Dessert: fresh strawberries and maybe a square or two of choc

Drinks: Costa coffee, black decaff coffee, spring water (bottled), glass of Prosecco (to celebrate neighbours' new motorbike), red wine

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. OMAD today and have totally exhausted myself. Footie first thing followed by very long canal walk (36k steps) - opposite way up the Regent’s Canal to usual and on to the Grand Union canal. Almost asleep already!

Dinner - so nice to come home to the aroma from the slow cooker - beef short rib followed by some buttered cheese.

E4D15749-1149-480B-91F7-947E2610EAC3.jpeg

Viv19

Oh no! On this lovely day perfect for sitting out in the garden and my next door neighbour has purchased yet another clapped out old motorbike from eBay to do up and sell. Doing up seems to involve letting it run for hours at a time with intermittent revving up. We couldn't sit out because of the noise and smell so we went out to investigate the new shops in the next village and accidentally bought a new table and chairs for the garden.

So, today's food

Breakfast: boiled eggs and Livlife soldiers

Lunch: huge Costa coffee with little jugs of cream, one forkful of Mr C's coffee gateau (naughty)

Dinner: roast chicken, pork sausagemeat stuffing balls, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, few carrots, a couple of bits of parsnip - some h/m s/f cranberry sauce and gravy

Dessert: fresh strawberries and maybe a square or two of choc

Drinks: Costa coffee, black decaff coffee, spring water (bottled), glass of Prosecco (to celebrate neighbours' new motorbike), red wine

I love the way you accidentally bought table and chairs.
I was going to roast a chicken too, but the two shops I went in didn’t have any- so I bought leg/thigh joints to roast instead.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m still chuckling at @Chook accidentallybuying garden chairs and table. I hope you are able to use them, and that your neighbour starts to be a bit more considerate.
My food today:
NE1 about 10am scrambled egg, smoked salmon, avocado CWC
Costa CWC this afternoon.
NE2 just about to have it - Carne Guisada https://twosleevers.com/carne-guisada/ a Tex Mex style beef stew. All ingredients bunged in IP and left to get on with it while we went to the cinema ( Rocketman - Taron Egerton is cracking) lovely coming back to find a meal all ready. Agree @Goonergal. Steamed broccoli with it and a bit of Montezuma’s later I expect

Edit to correct NE2 ( not 32, that would have been a bit greedy)

Last edited:

Viv19

Tea
Breakfast- poached eggs, LC roll toasted. I had some hm blackcurrant jam on one half. My favourite jam.
Lunch- yoghurt and berries (dessert first, eating backwards)
Then lettuce, mushroom, tomato, feta cheese salad with dressing.
I have to admit to some nuts and cheese cubes- I expect I’ll see it later. Edit. That looks weird. I mean see it on my bg levels!
Dinner- roasted chicken joints, roast veg and steamed asparagus with butter.
Once again far too much food. Very greedy.
In between cwc and tea. Plus a glass of red.

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Food today
B CWC to add a bit of excitement I added some cinnamon! It turns out that my day peeked there excitement wise.
D cheese & chive DD keto pancakes with a little late.
T Morrisons beef with added bone marrow burger and some lamb ribs. The burgers were very disappointing and I wish had bought the ribs with minted coating.
Ah well tomorrow is another day as they say. It is ox tail tomorrow - I found it in the freezer, I swear people put things in there when I am asleep.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
They were accidentally bought as in that is not what we went out to get, but we have many times talked about buying a table and chairs at a height that we could sit on to eat a proper meal and that is comfortable. Our existing table and chairs in the garden are more like sofas and coffee table height and while very thickly padded and more comfortable than our sofas in the lounge, they absolutely rubbish for trying to eat a roast dinner at unless you like being doubled over. So today we walked in to a new shop in the next village and they had a limited quantity opening offer - £199 normal price down to £49 - they only had the display set left (been on display for less than 24 hours) and it's exactly the same colour as the padded chairs already in the garden. So we bought them. We didn't even need to discuss it (makes a change). We got the display set which Mr C loved as he doesn't have to assemble it.

But we forgot to get the meds from the pharmacy that we went out for. :facepalm: :hilarious:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not exactly the food or day I had in mind at the start but millions of people would be delighted with my day so all good.
Good start with nice weather, reasonable data and TWAM. Got better with grass cutting, then cricket on TV with more TWAM. Went downhill slightly around NE1. Bread like dunnie - deliberate - smokey cheese spread, cherry toms, cucumber, celery, spinach and OO with acv. Food good but feeling not quite right and drifted off to sleep. Watched both rugby games and both cricket matches then NE2. 3 egg mayo, mackerel in OO and romaine lettuce. Fage 5% with 5 raspberries and chocolate granola - wanted walnuts but none left. Tummy feels a little delicate so not straying far from sofa and TV - too easy maybe. Nice green lines for vits and mins though (except protein).

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal what a trek plus football - amazing I’d not be functioning after that level of exercise and one meal! Amazing achievement.
@Chook crossing fingers that you are able to enjoy your new furniture without a racket from your neighbors good stress management toasting the new noisy addition with prossecco.
@DJC3 and @Goonergal agree with you both great to come back to a dinner prepared earlier I slow cooked my curry and really appreciated it being ready to eat after busy day
Breakfast bacon, egg, mushroom and a few lc seeded crispbreads
Lunch sardines served with avc and advocado oil dressing with handful of nuts and some lc seeded crispbreads followed by four squares of 100% choc and coffee with cream
Dinner chicken curry from slow cooker and several gins with soda water followed by three frozen raspberries mixed with yoghurt and cream first time tried but will not be last produces a lovely instant ice cream.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: fry up of egg,bacon,mushrooms and two orange rapture tomatoes followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: raspberry chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner at Hungry Horse: plain chicken skewers with coleslaw and side salad followed at home, by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They were accidentally bought as in that is not what we went out to get, but we have many times talked about buying a table and chairs at a height that we could sit on to eat a proper meal and that is comfortable. Our existing table and chairs in the garden are more like sofas and coffee table height and while very thickly padded and more comfortable than our sofas in the lounge, they absolutely rubbish for trying to eat a roast dinner at unless you like being doubled over. So today we walked in to a new shop in the next village and they had a limited quantity opening offer - £199 normal price down to £49 - they only had the display set left (been on display for less than 24 hours) and it's exactly the same colour as the padded chairs already in the garden. So we bought them. We didn't even need to discuss it (makes a change). We got the display set which Mr C loved as he doesn't have to assemble it.

But we forgot to get the meds from the pharmacy that we went out for. :facepalm: :hilarious:

Your al fresco dining set sounds ideal. In decent weather, I love to have breakfast outside - fresh air, and the bugs are still asleep!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin’ All

New pup to vets today, for 2nd jab.
She was v calm and brave.
The vet was about 14 with a very cute Spanish accent and a thing for Pug tails.
The little glutton has gained another 300g! That’s 1.6kg to 2.4kg in 3 weeks!

NE1: cambozola
NE2: tinned salmon in garlic pickle cream
NE3: pork ribs and an omelette

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin’ All

New pup to vets today, for 2nd jab.
She was v calm and brave.
The vet was about 14 with a very cute Spanish accent and a thing for Pug tails.
The little glutton has gained another 300g! That’s 1.6kg to 2.4kg in 3 weeks!

NE1: cambozola
NE2: tinned salmon in garlic pickle cream
NE3: pork ribs and an omelette

Ive missed something - I didn’t know you had a new pup! How could I not have noticed!
We are finally feeling ready for a new dog and have started looking properly at rescue centres.
To stay on topic, your lunch is the oddest sounding combo - it it salmon, cream and some Indian style garlic pickle? Was it an accidental discovery?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ive missed something - I didn’t know you had a new pup! How could I not have noticed!
We are finally feeling ready for a new dog and have started looking properly at rescue centres.
To stay on topic, your lunch is the oddest sounding combo - it it salmon, cream and some Indian style garlic pickle? Was it an accidental discovery?

:D

Yes, new pup. Bless her. It was all rather a whirlwind. No 3 was always on the cards, anytime in the last/next couple of years. We don’t want 2 dogs the same age, so that when one shuffles off, the 2nd is left pining. So we are building a rolling pack, spaced around 5 years apart (shih tzus can reach 15+ years). Always a young nipper, and an older retiree, with a middleaged in the middle to play with the youngster and be a grownup companion to the oldie. Nothing ever goes to plan, but we are trying. Lol. So far, the pack dynamic is a joy to watch.

My lunch:
Yes, weird, eh? Its a carnivore variant on prawn cocktail.
Basically the double cream replaces the mayo, and then instead of tomato sauce (sickly!) i use a smidge of any spicy pickle from the cupboard.
Endless potential variations, from herring, salmon, any flaked fish or back to prawns. :)

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh no! On this lovely day perfect for sitting out in the garden and my next door neighbour has purchased yet another clapped out old motorbike from eBay to do up and sell. Doing up seems to involve letting it run for hours at a time with intermittent revving up.
As someone who had a motorbike enthusiast live next door for 4 years (thankfully he has now moved on), I know how frustrating it can be. Sending hugs! Our idiot neighbour took to using our drive to fix his bikes while I was out at work!! On a number of occasions he was still there when I got back and heated words were exchanged. He always reacted like I was inconveniencing him!! I was glad to see the back of him!

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A much better day today for me. I'm feeling much better in myself and less stressed. A trip to the dentists and hygienist this morning for me - I still have amazingly good teeth apparently! I must be blessed with good genes, almost 43 and no fillings! We did a spot of gardening and then lived dangerously ignoring the weather forecast and barbecuing in the rain!

B: Lime and Orange chia pudding with almonds. Black coffee.
Mid morning: Almond milk cappuccino with cream
L: Cheese and mushroom omelette with salad
Mid afternoon: Almond milk cappuccino with cream
D: Chicken in harissa yoghurt marinade (BBQ) and smoky grilled aubergine (BBQ) with baby spinach, cherry toms, olives and crumbled feta. One (and the final one!) 85% Hotel Chocolat baton! Decaf coffee.