What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That’s good to know, I thought it might not be up to the task. I’d always use a stick blender in preference because of the washing up too!

If you started with the stick and felt it was struggling, you can always swap over. Maybe just start n a nice low speed and take it from there?

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 those cakes look brilliant, thanks for the recipe. Good to know they freeze well too.
@Annb I made the chaffle lasagna sheets last time I did lasagna. It was very good but I hadn’t thought of using the sheets as a pastry casing. Do let us know ( with photos) how they work.
Today I had CWC first thing as usual.
Black coffee out mid morning.
Lunch: egg mayo and a flaxseed bun. DGF choc fudge brownie warm with extra thick cream. All the chocolate ones have more erythritol tang to my taste, but the cream helps. I agree @Brunneria it might be an asset with mint and chocolate.
Dinner Brocolli and cheese soup with a few lc seedy crackers then a couple of HC 100% choc drops.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. I’ve never had any weird after taste or ‘cooling’ effect from erythritol so must be one of the fortunate ones.

Continued this week’s pattern of ridiculously early start at work, followed by breakfast a few hours later then dinner after a manic day of work. Breakfast was bacon eggs and cheese. Dinner was air fried chicken thighs (nice crispy skin) and Halloumi fries. The weekend is very welcome indeed.

IP has been dispatched so hopefully will arrive quickly. Any of you using them able to give me the FB links to the relevant groups?

@ianpspurs I hope you’re wrong!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 those cakes look brilliant, thanks for the recipe. Good to know they freeze well too.
@Annb I made the chaffle lasagna sheets last time I did lasagna. It was very good but I hadn’t thought of using the sheets as a pastry casing. Do let us know ( with photos) how they work.
Today I had CWC first thing as usual.
Black coffee out mid morning.
Lunch: egg mayo and a flaxseed bun. DGF choc fudge brownie warm with extra thick cream. All the chocolate ones have more erythritol tang to my taste, but the cream helps. I agree @Brunneria it might be an asset with mint and chocolate.
Dinner Brocolli and cheese soup with a few lc seedy crackers then a couple of HC 100% choc drops.
Hi I’m planning on doing some savoury chaffles to freeze to use in a lasagne. When looked at the diet dr lasagne sheets recipe which have used before the ingredients are very very similar so can see that they would work. I’m planning on taking a lasagne up to mums mid week so thought I’d make some chaffles to use for lasagne and bolognese this weekend and freeze and then assemble just before set off to mums! Will let you know how it goes down with her how would we cope without freezers? I’m like @DCUKMod with her IPs but with freezers - I’ve got two large ones and they are usually full!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I’m planning on doing some savoury chaffles to freeze to use in a lasagne. When looked at the diet dr lasagne sheets recipe which have used before the ingredients are very very similar so can see that they would work. I’m planning on taking a lasagne up to mums mid week so thought I’d make some chaffles to use for lasagne and bolognese this weekend and freeze and then assemble just before set off to mums! Will let you know how it goes down with her how would we cope without freezers? I’m like @DCUKMod with her IPs but with freezers - I’ve got two large ones and they are usually full!

There may only be two of us here, but we have 2 freezers too. :oops:

Reactions: DJC3

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: 2cheesy scrambled eggs on one slice of Marmite on Livlife toast followed by Greek yoghurt, raspberries and macadamia and coconut keto granola.
Mid afternoon: coffee chia pudding and black coffee
Dinner: cold bbq chicken with leafy salad followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

The chaffle lasagna recipe I used was much simpler than the DD ones - no rolling out, just mix and pour. Always prefer as few steps as poss and the least faff!
We have 2 freezers too but somehow never any space in them.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. I’ve never had any weird after taste or ‘cooling’ effect from erythritol so must be one of the fortunate ones.

Continued this week’s pattern of ridiculously early start at work, followed by breakfast a few hours later then dinner after a manic day of work. Breakfast was bacon eggs and cheese. Dinner was air fried chicken thighs (nice crispy skin) and Halloumi fries. The weekend is very welcome indeed.

IP has been dispatched so hopefully will arrive quickly. Any of you using them able to give me the FB links to the relevant groups?

@ianpspurs I hope you’re wrong!

Have invited you to a couple of FB groups I use ( probably the ones @DCUKMod told me about!)

Reactions: Goonergal

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thats like 700gm food in dinner, i thought in general people eat 250-350gm of food in dinner.
Please correct me ..
I always measure out my food, mainly because it helps me keep track of calories, also because the green beans and cauliflower contain a nice lot of fiber that helps me, and they are my go to vegetables. Also vegetables are not very calorie dense, they fill me up and I like them. Plus when boiled it's not really a lot. I grew up on meat and vegetables for dinner, this is just my way of doing it a bit more accurately, and indeed it works me.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Tried making the veg stock, using the hob and my food processor. Not a great success. Don't know why the vinegar is needed - I don't think it improved it. I'll just stick to making ordinary veg stock in future.

BG went up to 10 by lunch time despite reasonably high level of insulin. Down to 7.5 now. That's just on chicken and tea.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Why am I not surprised! Your house or at least your kitchen must be capacious....

We have 2 freezers, as well. One average sized one in the kitchen and one really big one in the utility, plus 2 fridges (also kitchen and utility) I'm always running out of space in the freezers. The kitchen fridge is for things in current use, the other, bigger, one for storage to last a week. And Neil doesn't use the freezers at all, so it's just me! I do have quite a few jars of pickle and so on in the fridges, so that takes up space along with milk, cheese, cream, yoghurt plus Neil's soya milk and other vegan products. That's why I wanted to make veg stock paste instead of making veg stock - lack of space in the freezer - pots and pots of stocks from fish, via veg to chicken and lots of plastic bags of stews. Mind you, filled cake boxes with cakes awaiting frosting etc, take up space.

Reactions: maglil55 and Chook

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Weetabix x2 with a little jug of skimmed milk. Lunch: Brown bread with mashed soft boiled egg, finely chopped onion and salad cream, a small salad of onions, a few small halved cherry tomatoes and balsamic vinegar and a few crisps. Dinner: Fish and chips with peas, tartar sauce, vinegar and tomato sauce. I’m very underweight and pre-diabetic lost 4.5 stone in 15 months was 11.968 stone now 7.401 stone. Can’t eat carbs or sugar but losing weight rapidly so what to eat??

Hello there JLowth - were you trying to lose,when you dropped all that weight?

JLowth

Lunch yesterday: Liquid lunch at the club, biltong and beer.
Dinner: Spicy tinned corned beef hash with onions, mushrooms.
Breakfast: Omelette, bacon, tomatoes.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugars, XXXX Gold beer, water.

Hello jy! Biltong Nogal! Lekker man!