What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That oxtail looks fab!

I'll have a look for my trays, on Amazon. I can't recall if I bought mine on Amazon or TKMaxx.

Goonergal, I can't find a link to mine, but they're a little bit like these, with a filler hole. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Extra-La...863980?hash=item469df6212c:g:-NYAAOSwWq9di5Ps When I use those, I tend to reduce the broth a bit, to intensify the flavour and reduce the volume.

I don't know how much broth you've made, or what quantities you intend to drink it in, in a sitting, bu I use these quite a bit for broth and stock these days, as 450ml is a good mug size: https://groceries.asda.com/product/...orge-home-clip-lid-food-storers/1000049184552

(MrB reckons I have breeding programme for them, as they seem to multiply from time to time. :) )

I've also been trying to adopt the Nadia Hussain style of freezing, using ziploc bags, laid flat to freeze, making very easily stored. This isn't Nadia, but you get the drift:

Reactions: maglil55

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Goonergal, I can't find a link to mine, but they're a little bit like these, with a filler hole. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Extra-La...863980?hash=item469df6212c:g:-NYAAOSwWq9di5Ps When I use those, I tend to reduce the broth a bit, to intensify the flavour and reduce the volume.

I don't know how much broth you've made, or what quantities you intend to drink it in, in a sitting, bu I use these quite a bit for broth and stock these days, as 450ml is a good mug size: https://groceries.asda.com/product/...orge-home-clip-lid-food-storers/1000049184552

(MrB reckons I have breeding programme for them, as they seem to multiply from time to time. :) )

I've also been trying to adopt the Nadia Hussain style of freezing, using ziploc bags, laid flat to freeze, making very easily stored. This isn't Nadia, but you get the drift:

Many thanks. I’ll have a browse round Amazon. I’ll have an entire pot of broth! Good idea to reduce down, I’ll do that. No idea whether I’ll enjoy drinking it, but it will be good stock whatever.

Reactions: Annb and Chook

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Hope everyone's start into the New Year was a good one. May it bring you much joy, good health and success.

@shelley262 -- Glad you enjoyed the sketch. It's quite old, isn't it? ... but in my mind it makes it even better.

Blood sugars a bit higher this morning -- probably due to too much meat during the fondue dinner last night -- was kind of expecting it.

Today ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: Half a DD keto roll with butter and bresaola. Half a DD keto roll with cheese-truffle butter (left over from yesterday). A celery stalk with leftover dips.

Dinner: Leftover chicken and veal fried in coconut oil. Leftover dips. Half a DD keto roll with butter and bresaola.

Drinks: Only water today. New Year's resolution was to cut down on the wine a bit. Let's see how it goes.

D

Deleted member 308541

Breakfast yesterday: Bacon, snags, eggs, tomatoes.
Lunch: Mulloway fillets cooked on the barbeque, salad.
Dinner: T bone steak and veggies, gravy.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugars, beer, water.

Back to the smokey Bundaberg and Queensland today, it's been nice breathing clean air for two weeks herre.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast smoked salmon and scrambled egg with half a toasted buttered chaffle and coffee with cream
Very long forest walk followed by late lunch of one cold chicken leg with salt
Dinner steak, mushroom sauce, halloumi fries and a few onions with two glasses of red wine
Decaff coffee with cream and some 100% choc.
Our car has developed a strange noise over Christmas so it’s booked into garage early tomorrow- not looking forward to it..........our bank account is trembling!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Getting almost back to normal with menu now, with a few Xmas things hanging on!
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: cocktail sausages, leafy salad, coleslaw and pork scratchings followed by Greek yoghurt, raspberries and macadamia and coconut keto granola.
Mid afternoon at Nero’s: coconut cappuccino and a gingerbread Carb Killa bar.
Dinner: gammon steak, fried egg and roasted Mediterranean veggies followed by my last Oppo vanilla cheesecake with cream and LC chocolate granola, plus a 50g easy peeler, it’s the first ‘orange’ I’ve eaten since diagnosis, it tasted goooood and my post meal blood sugar was 5.2 with a 4.8 beforehand, so got away with that one! :joyful:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

That is so obvious and yet I've never thought about it. I use ziplocks and they are a pain sometimes but lay them flat! So obvious. Thanks for that. My freezer will benefit from that.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That is so obvious and yet I've never thought about it. I use ziplocks and they are a pain sometimes but lay them flat! So obvious. Thanks for that. My freezer will benefit from that.

Ms Hussain, allegedly uses Ziploc bags, the places them in a specific baking tin, about the size of a book, if I recall, which then governs the maximum dimensions the block can become.

I know the lady on the YouTube video talks about the importance of labelling, but were we working with uniformaly sized and shaped blocks here, the potential for those Brown Block Surprise dinners would be almost infinitesimal.

Reactions: Annb and maglil55

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
01-01-20
That looks so strange, kept thinking it must be wrong.
BG 6.0 so lemon tea, no breakfast. Lot to eat last night so not hungry.
Lunch fish soup, Breton style. Delicious. One slice of pain kapnor and half a pear. Tea to drink.
Dinner. Plan was pork casserole, but had to change plan. Tinned Toulouse cassolet with carrots, cabbage, and cauliflower. One glass pink plonk, bedtime tea @10pm. Hoping for better FBG tomorrow.

Painted the stairwell, first coat and some insulation in position, we were stopped by tool breakdown.
Back on it tomorrow.
Managed some of the exercises as well.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 5.7 FBG 6. @PenguinMum - I've had a super lazy day too. Watched the whole of the first season of Bancroft on catch up. A wee bit fragile today so a rest was just what was called for.
B. Bacon, fried egg and a mushroom. TAG with ADOC.
L. Lots of water.
D. Another bit of the rack of pork with creamy apple sauce. Sprouts and a mini cob. Scoop of Grahams goodness with raspberries and loads of water.

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today 02/01/2020
Breakfast: Usual low carb porridge, 59g greek yoghurt
Lunch: 74g beef pastrami, 60g rocket, 25g pork crackle
Dinner: 300g cauliflower, 100g green beans, 144g (raw weight) oyster blade steak, 1 XL egg, 1 large egg. 1 tsp olive oil.
Snack: 6 hazelnuts, because I fell asleep on the bus, and didn't get to have my afternoon coffee till 4.00 o'clock.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Brunch will be the last of the veg soup from yesterday - there's only a small bowlful left. That will be about noon.

Dinner will be a cheesey mince thingy. That's because I have some of both to be used up. Probably some tomato also and some onion. Not sure how to describe what I am intending. Maybe a picture will make it clearer, when it's made. Depends how it turns out.

Everything closed today anyway, so I don't need to go out - just as well since there is no transport available. Tomorrow Neil will phone the garage to see when he can get the Scenic fixed. It will be an issue tomorrow when I need to shop. Also tomorrow I must try to get an appointment with the dentist to do something about this broken tooth (and maybe look at the bit of jawbone still sticking out from the extraction he did some months ago). Must also continue my campaign to get a GP appointment sometime soon. On top of everything else I'm beginning to think I may have sleep apnoea - not sure what can be done about that.

Edited to fix typo.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Breakfast will brunch I slept in today had bad insomnia so got up late. Had some greek yoghurt with home made strawberry and honey type of jam. I chop strawberries and add a drizzle of honey and cook on low heat for about 15 minutes. More paleo than keto but very tasty.

Dinner cooked rib eye steak bone in cooked on my cast iron grill pan with butter and herbs enough for 3 meals akso some mushrooms and made a vegetable bake made with almond milk and cheese not a real fan of the almond milk but still tasted ok put some in freezer for another meal have rib eye left overs as well tomorrow Also gin and tonic with my meal and later has some icecream.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Hello all,

First of all, happy New Year to everyone on this thread.

In twenty minutes, I will be watching "Dinner for one", a German New Year's eve tradition -- remember watching it even as a kid.
(Btw, it is a British sketch -- so apart from the German introduction, it's in English, here's a link, if anyone is interested https://www.ndr.de/fernsehen/Dinner-for-One-Das-Original,dinnerforone191.html)

Right now the cat is cuddling up with me, but as soon as the fireworks start, she'll be hiding in the back of the closet. Poor pets, glad this is only once a year.

@Tipetoo, @annabell1, @Quinn1066 -- Glad you're all safe from the fires, but still sounds pretty scary. Keeping my fingers crossed for some good rain.

OMAD again today ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: Nothing.

Dinner: Fondue Bourguingnonne (chicken, calf) with six different homemade sauces (sate, tsatziki, honey mustard, chili-lime mayonnaise, cheese-butter with truffle, and ketchup-barbeque with tomato, bellpepper, onion). Also cornichons, baby corns (surprised they are only 5g of carbs per 100g) and some olives. 20g of 85% chocolate. Plenty of red wine.

Will be opening some pink sparkling wine for midnight.
Forgot to comment about the tv show I've seen it a few times its so funny its always on here on SBS TV every year. I read about how it was created to cover a 19 minute time slot but they never thought it would be so popular and its now a tradition to be put on every year for everyone to enjoy. I missed it this time was on quite early here unfortunately.