What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Winnie-the-Pooh

Today :

Breakfast : scramble egg and black coffee , 1-2 spoon of beans .

Lunch : went out with charming bf . I had a burger but I only ate half of the bun ( just one side ). No fries . No salad either .

Dessert : Irish coffee with whipped cream . I had a tiny tiny bit of bf’s chocolate cake too . It was too hard not to eat it

Dinner : might eat leftover from last night pasta that bf made ( he is such a good cook ) with some salad . We will watch a detective movie so he can admire my detective intuition

Winnie-the-Pooh

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: Greek yoghurt, coffee chia pudding and LC chocolate granola.
Mid afternoon at Nero’s: coconut cappuccino and a Birthday phd bar
Dinner: cold bbq chicken drumsticks with cauliflower and broccoli salad, coleslaw and Wildings duck crackling followed by SF jelly, cream and macadamia and coconut keto granola

Does Neto’s offer a chocolate “soup” ? I used to have this very wonderful chocolate soup ( essentially a bowl of melted chocolate) in London and I need to find out where it was - for later this year when I visit.
I think it was at Nero’s. It was rich and thick and heavenly !

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does Neto’s offer a chocolate “soup” ? I used to have this very wonderful chocolate soup ( essentially a bowl of melted chocolate) in London and I need to find out where it was - for later this year when I visit.
I think it was at Nero’s. It was rich and thick and heavenly !

Most of these places have their menus online these days, which can be helpful: https://caffenero.com/uk/menu/food/salads-soups/

Personally, I can't think of anything worse than chocolate soup, but then, I don't care for chocolate in any form, 99.99% of the time.

Winnie-the-Pooh

Most of these places have their menus online these days, which can be helpful: https://caffenero.com/uk/menu/food/salads-soups/

Personally, I can't think of anything worse than chocolate soup, but then, I don't care for chocolate in any form, 99.99% of the time.

Thanks ! No there was no chocolate soup .
Ideally , if there was no health concerns , I could live only on dark chocolate . I need nothing else . Not even water . Chocolate in every form. When I was a student I made a bet with my fellow students and lived on dark chocolate for a whole month

But I don’t like sugary or milk chocolate. Just dark.

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today 09/02/2020

Just resting again today, cut is healing, slowly recovering, no measurements today, taking asthma meds morning and night. From my food diaries and detailed notes about my gut. Every time after I have eaten dairy for the past three days, I have needed to use the bathroom to "go". So no dairy tonight, or tomorrow morning and we will see what happens, I can actually hear my stomach working/gurgling after eating the yoghurt and white coffees, weird.

Breakfast: 50g rolled oats, 70g blueberries, 20g peanut butter, 141g natural fat free yoghurt (finished container). 2 white coffees before eating, two white coffee after eating.

Lunch: 125 tomato raw, 61g slice sunflower sourdough, 4g butter, 17g reduced fat cheese, mustard, 100g ham

Dinner: Two white corn tortilla, 10g peanut butter 2 XL eggs, , 132g boiled broccoli

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

@maglil55 and @ianpspurs I understand that Halo Top have a keto range of ice cream. Not clear whether it’s available in the UK yet.

@Antje77 that pot looks like it should be sitting on a camp fire!

Bit of a hungry day today.

Lunch was smoked salmon and whipped creamy cheese. Still hungry a while later so ate a bag of serious pig snacking cheese and a bag of pork crunch. Also tried a serious pig snacking salami, which was vile - straight in the bin!

Dinner was a Diet Doctor breakfast sandwich.
I had a look when out shopping over the last few days. You are correct @Goonergal, Halo Top have launched their Keto range in the UK (last August) but so far I haven't found it in any of the Halo Top stocking stores. Guess it's just selected stores so far.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Found in a rucksack. Must have fallen off when packing it but I thought it was still on afterwards. Main thing is it is found and we know someone who resizes rings. Thanks.
That is good news! I hope the move went as well (I'm still reading posts so no doubt I'll find out). A similar thing happened to my OH with wedding ring No. 2. He thought he'd lost it at the football (same issue he'd lost weight and it was loose). Since I'd bought No. 1 & No. 2 wedding rings I refused to purchase No. 3. I did go with him to choose another then about 3 months after buying the 3rd ring he found the 2nd in the finger of the gloves he'd been wearing at the football!!
He'll never recover the 1st ring. He gave it to a friend who used to be a jeweller to adjust it. Unfortunately, friend died before he got it back and quite rightly he didn't want to ask his widow straight away. Unfortunately, having waited a suitable time his widow died too!
Anyway, great news about your find.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today 07/02/2020 no measurements taken, just healing, taking car of cut, and using asthma meds

Early post, as I am preparing dinner now. Have to take shower tonight after two days of no shower, it’s a bit of a cleaning routine afterwards to clean the shower, reduce the mould if any reoccurs and soap scum, gives me a bit of a workout. Plus keeping my finger dry is a tad annoying. Planning to have chamomile tea and try to go to bed early tonight. Hence the extra egg and calories coming up to 1260. No testing for the next couple of days, have another pear for tomorrow, but regular on the loo now, so they probably wont make an appearance except as a treat. Also taking asthma meds and they mess up my readings because i am taking more then usual.

Breakfast: 50g rolled oats, 100g natural yoghurt fat free, 22g peanut butter, 148g pear, 15g blueberries, salt. Two white coffee before, two white coffee after, last white coffee at 9.30. 100ml 2% milk in total

Lunch: 60g spinach, 100g tomato, mustard, 56g ham, 61g sunflower sourdough, 3g butter, 17g fat reduced cheese, black pepper. Ginger, lemon, peppermint tea x2

Dinner: 3XL eggs, 2g butter, 2 white corn tortilla, 20g salsa, 125g broccoli.
I know you're in Australia but Lakeland in the UK stock the best mold remover I have ever come across.

https://www.lakeland.co.uk/24253/Blitz-That-Mould-Brush-On-Mould-Remover-Gel-250ml

I was on the verge of getting Hubby to remove all the silicon in the shower and replace it until I gave this a try. Results are as good as the video. Son used it on his shower too and is a convert. You might want to see if you can find it in Australia - paint it on, leave it then rinse it off.

Reactions: Winnie-the-Pooh

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Annb good that you have kept fluids up today. I enjoy baking as well, those biscuits sound amazing. I grew up with my parents making choc-chip biscuits, anzac biscuits and shortbread for my school lunch box. My dad still makes the best this crunchy anzac biscuits, and I adore my grandmas, who is dutch, shortbread. If you want to look up a good recipe that's absolutely amazing have a go at this one, I so miss eating it with a cup of tea, but it would spike me horribly. http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/11412/dutch-butter-cake--boterkoek-.aspx
I've made Keto Anzac biscuits when we have family over from Australia. I use this site although I use Monk Fruit sweetener in preference to xylitol. I've also made another favourite of my Australian family from the same site - Lamingtons.
https://aussieketoqueen.com/keto-anzac-biscuits/

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Having caught up on the posts time to catch up on my own posts. Still sticking to the DD 10 week thingy (although mine will end up as 11 weeks). Boys are on holiday now for half term so it was a busy few days leading up to the break.
Thursday 6 February - bed 6.8 FBG 6.7
B. TAG
L. It was supposed to be the remaining Chicken cordon bleu but that's one DD dish that doesn't transfer well to next day. Much too dry.
Instead, I had a couple of slices of wafer thin ham, 1/2 a mozzarella, 1/2 avocado, 3 santini tomatoes and a couple of walnuts.
D. The DD burger with a little lettuce & tomato, the other 1/2 avocado and helmans. Skippen the bacon and pickle.I did have 100g of the Isey skyr from M&S later.
DD-443-baconburger2.jpeg

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Friday 7 February - bed 6.3 FBG 6.6. After my usual Aqua yesterday, we finally arrive at last day before mid term. No. 2 excelled yesterday. He was called out at Assembly to receive a special large Certificate for being the most improved pupil in the school for behaviour. He currently sits on 85 regular Certificates but he was as pleased as punch with this and rightly so. It didn't continue into Friday though. Obviously wound up with the break they both were a nightmare at swimming.
B. TAG
L. Nothing. Was taken up feeding the boys, trying to unwind them and also control them at swimming.
D. This turned out to be an unintentional OMAD. Pork chop a la Diet Doctor with green beans. I added 1/2 an avocado to the green bean mix and 3 chopped tomatoes. Later I had vanilla Isey skyr.

Saturday 8 February - I was expecting a horrid day but it was actually bright but chilly. Son got in touch just when I'd gone out to get the few things I couldn't get in my online order so I ended up with his shopping too but, as @PenguinMum said, a mountain of various veg and salads. Shopping took a bit longer than intended but I arrived back just in time for the online shop. The delivery guy very kindly took in my shopping with my online delivery. Bed 6.2 FBG was also 6.2.
B. TAG
L. It was supposed to be a DD omelette but by the time I got back from delivering shopping I thought it would be too much. I swapped to Morrisons Pork luncheon meat and a slice of turkey breast. I had it with the other half of the mozzarella, 4 santini tomatoes and a small mix of pea shoots and rocket.
D. Again I adapted it slightly. It was supposed to be the DD hamburger patty with the tomato sauce and cabbage. I had the patty but with a slice of Edam, small spoonful of slaw, couple of mini beetroot. 100g of the Isey skyr later.
DD-531-ketoporkchopsbeansgarlic-butter-2-1.jpeg

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just finished eating brunch of two vegetarian sausages, two eggs fried on the camping gas stove (with a fire blanket nearby, after last year!). Just as I dished up the power came back on but it wont last it been coming and going for hours since dawn. I am as well prepared as I can be with cooked mild chicken curry to heat up this evening and all the candles and torches are sorted out. Cats had an early lunch and are happily snoozing in their baskets. Hope everybody is ok in this storm certainly those of you who are on your own. Take care everyone.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I had expected the second storm to arrive here before this but it has been just very breezy so far, along with rainy and sunny spells. Odd. I don't think we are going to get away with it though - our time will come. It's starting to get pretty dark out there.

At 1.30 I had some more of the green gloopy soup - realised that the green chili pepper I'd put into it had settled to the bottom of the pot I'd stored it in! Bit of a surprise, but it was still pretty good. I have put another 3 servings in pots in the freezer - more than 2 days in a row might be a bit much, even though it is very good.

This evening I am going to make the tartiflette. It might not be the right cheese, but I think it will be OK. I've decided to make it on the stove top - saw it made that way at a farmers' market about 3 years ago, so I want to have a go at that. For some reason I have been in an experimental cooking mood for the last couple of days - lots of inventions to try. So many I've had to start making notes so that I don't forget. Not my usual style at all.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thankfully no issues with power here. Hope you still have yours @PenguinMum

After yesterday’s poor food showing, a much better day today. Was peckish mid-morning while spring cleaning and ate 2 packs of Wilding’s lamb crackling - one each of the mint and Moroccan spice flavours. A present from a friend.

Lunch was reverse seared beef rib fried in some marrowbone butter which I made yesterday. Pretty tasty and far more than I could eat. If I eat anything later it will be the remains of that.

DAB0F472-B791-4068-8757-C593C2AFB9CF.jpeg