What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
CWC this morning to use up the bit of cream that was left. I’m away for the weekend and it wouldn’t last.
L: tuna salad with 1/2 avocado and h/b egg, greenery, chilli mayo.
Snack: late afternoon in the car - long boring motorway drive so shared a pack of Cheesies and biltong. Black coffee from Costa.
D: Arrived without mishap hurrah! Nando’s to celebrate ( no Nando’s in Cornwall) 4 thighs, halloumi, green salad and avocado. Red wine.
@Antje77 enjoy that Chinese dinner but come back soon.

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today 08/02/2020
Just resting, cut is healing, slowly recovering, no measurements today, hands are still raw from OCD hand washing, plus taking asthma meds morning and night.

Breakfast: 50g rolled oats, 70g blueberries, 20g peanut butter, 100g naturl fat free yoghurt. 2 white coffees before eating, two white coffee after eating. Pear i was going to have went bad.

Lunch: 125 tomato raw, 60g baby spinach, 53g slice sunflower sourdough, 4g butter, 17g reduced fat cheese, mustard, 100g ham

Dinner: Two white corn tortilla, 5g butter, 2 XL eggs, 17g reduced fat cheese, 125g boiled broccoli

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today I had my usual slice LL toast, butter and tea at 8am.
Lunch was a slice of goats cheese frittata from a deli with some caponata and cucumber. The frittata wasnt nice but I still ate it, the caponata was great and I must make it myself. Have already made Lamb Keema for tonight’s supper.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, full but not satisfied. Not a very successful food day.

Planned OMAD, which sort of happened, just an extended one.

Starter was a small portion of moo grob made with pork belly strips. Didn’t know it at the time, but the best food of the day. Also tried making crackling from some pork rind bought at Morrison’s. Didn’t work - into bin! Finally some slow cooked oxtail, which despite almost 11 hours cooking was tough. Coming to the conclusion that particular batch of tail was poor as that’s the third failed attempt from the same purchase.

Reactions: maglil55

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, full but not satisfied. Not a very successful food day.

Planned OMAD, which sort of happened, just an extended one.

Starter was a small portion of moo grob made with pork belly strips. Didn’t know it at the time, but the best food of the day. Also tried making crackling from some pork rind bought at Morrison’s. Didn’t work - into bin! Finally some slow cooked oxtail, which despite almost 11 hours cooking was tough. Coming to the conclusion that particular batch of tail was poor as that’s the third failed attempt from the same purchase.
If you have any of the oxtail left, even cooked, lob it into the IP, on pressure, and give it a blast?

We went to a special market (locally, but not the local farmers market). They have some fabulous street-style food there, including lots of moo grob, and spatchcock chicken. I love how, once spatchcocked, the use the skewers to keep the carcass flat for BBQing.

Unfortunately we were too late in the afternoon to have and strolling food, as we'd have ruined our appetites, but the market is there until 12th.

There were so many things I would have loved to have bought, but some were just too bulky for plane luggage and some would, I'm positive, be illegal to import.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you have any of the oxtail left, even cooked, lob it into the IP, on pressure, and give it a blast?

It’s gone! A previous meal from the same batch was done on pressure in the IP and was also tough. Weird.

The market sounds fab.

Reactions: maglil55

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s gone! A previous meal from the same batch was done on pressure in the IP and was also tough. Weird.

The market sounds fab.

I have some great pics, but should get some shut-eye now.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
After several cups of tea, about 1 pm today - green gloopy soup.

Out for the afternoon, despite the gale and took my biscuits with me. Snowing by the time I came back, and the wind still gusting to something horrible (must have been at least 60 mph). Only tea while out and BG 3.9 by the time I got home. Had to have one of the left-over biscuits to stop the drop.

Found some cooked pork belly slices in the freezer so I'll be putting them in the AF and braising some leeks to go with them.

Plenty of fluids so far but couldn't take diuretic pills because I was going out. Still, not to aware of retained fluid just now. I'll need to put my feet up for the evening to stop them swelling. Good excuse, isn't it?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening All (just, I make it bang on 6pm :D )

today I skipped B, and made a garlic chicken stir fry so late this afternoon I may skip supper.

However, Mr B was given (by me) a dolce gusto coffee pod machine thingy this week.
Yes, we already have a Nespresso machine, I know, I know... but the DG does decaff flat whites and cafe au laits, which I am told are the bees knees...
Anyway, I got tired of Mr B shillyshallying about buying a machine for himself and took the decision out of his hands.

Since then (3 days), he seems to have hydrated entirely on DG coffees, and spent most of his waking hours agonising over which thrilling pod variety packs to buy from Amazon.

Yes, there have been times I have regretted supplying him with this new toy...

well, variety pack version 1 arrived today. Since I don’t drink coffee, and Mr B doesn’t drink chocolate, I understand it is my moral duty to save him from the choc pods in the variety pack. Oh. OK then.

So drank a ‘choccino’ today. My lc hot choc is MUCH better.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

The market sounds fab.
I had this happen once with chicken thighs from Waitrose once and they were so tough and inedible. I guess sometimes an animal is not fit and healthy in some way, probably more likely with chicken. It has only ever happened that once but it was perplexing.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'll have to leave you over the weekend in favour of the high carb thread; just had a phonecall from a friend that he had way too much Chinese take-away leftovers and was I interested to pick it up? I love Chinese take-away, one of the few high carb foods worth the hassle with insulin dosing every once in a while.

I expect to be back here next week, utterly tired of doing diabetes and happy to forego high carb meals again, no matter how good they taste.
I'm guessing I can stay here over the weekend, but I'll only be sure in an hour or two :). I got a chicken and vegetables dish and a beef and vegetables dish, neither of which looks or tastes very carby. I left the noodles at my friends place to be safe, made some cauliflower rice to go with the meat dishes, added a chilli pepper, and chopped a spring onion because it makes a microwaved meal look much better :)
It tasted wonderful (same tomorrow), and in two hours I'll know if it was as low carb as I think it was.

81553968_10219775703057384_6492714568307965952_o.jpg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
08-02-2020
Breakfast 2x CWC, nut granola. Chicken livers. Am so bored with eggs every day.
Lunch: pork tongue and salad. English style with tomato, cucumber and radish, as well as lettuce. French salad is a bowl of lettuce drenched in mustard vinaigrette.
Low Carb meal, no bread so shared an Apple and had CWC.
Dinner place cooked à la @shelley262 with ground almond, parmesan and parsley crumb. Potatoes do MrSlim, had two small pieces, carrots, cauliflower and brocolli. Afterwards enjoyed some Greek yoghurt with raspberries and cream. ( Still trying to regain a bit of weight) one large glass pink wine.
Bedtime will be lemon tea.
Had a few of them in the day as well.
Downside is am getting really hungry.
The dormer window is in, but still needs slates on the front and sides. Watertight though.

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: Greek yoghurt, coffee chia pudding and LC chocolate granola.
Mid afternoon at Nero’s: coconut cappuccino and a Birthday phd bar
Dinner: cold bbq chicken drumsticks with cauliflower and broccoli salad, coleslaw and Wildings duck crackling followed by SF jelly, cream and macadamia and coconut keto granola

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It tasted wonderful (same tomorrow), and in two hours I'll know if it was as low carb as I think it was.
What a pleasant surprise, my second-hand Chinese take away only took me up to about 6 with a very conservative amount of insulin. I fully expected to be correcting for hours after eating but it looks like they were truly low carb dishes :)
Looking forward to eating it again tomorrow, this time without hawk-eying (is that even a word?) my bg after eating! The other two portions are in the freezer for later, perfect for a lazy diabetes day :hungry: