What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oops I nearly forgot the food:-

Brunch - scrambled eggs & cheese with 2 slices slc bread toasted. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - Chargrilled chicken & avocado with large side salad. lc trifle made with sf jelly, double cream & 100% black chocolate buttons on top

Sugarlisa

Chia seeds in sugar free coconut milk left in fridge overnight (last night) and peppermint tea
Ham lettuce wrap and orange sugar free squash (lunch )
Sausage casserole and mash potatoes for the boys of the house with a green tea and water

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with blueberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and DGF cake.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: Diet Dr bread roll with chicken, a leafy salad and coleslaw followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I also really enjoyed putting smarter clothes on a
We did that when I had a hospital appointment too. Both hubby and I dressed up as it was such an event... trouble was we'd forgotten he wouldn't be allowed in, so he sat outside in the car in his best coat and no one even saw him! :woot:

Reactions: maglil55

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haven't been an offal lover since childhood but have been hearing that chicken liver is mild, and I do like pate so when I saw some in the supermarket I bought them. Found recipes for spiced up devilled ones so gave it a go. Chickened out (!) at last minute and blitzed it down into a pate.
Boy liked it before blitzing, hubby wasn't so sure. I had some on lettuce and some on cucumber. Trouble is its made 3 ramekins... luckily cats seem to like it.
I might try them whole one more time. Its just getting over those childhood memories.

Then,a s I had my cooking head on I made some lc brownies (now safely in the freezer) and some lc cheesy soda bread (also portioned and in the freezer)

D was just a little bit of beef and 2 lc brownies bites.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

@DJC3 -- Great news -- so happy for you. For how long have you been in remission now?
@maglil55 -- This is so funny. Sounds like a fun evening, though.
@Bex72 -- The pancake looks great.I've tried many times, but kind of have given up on low-carb pancakes.
@Goonergal -- Hugs for the work stress -- Is January always busy for you?
@shelley262 -- Hope the other patient joins the forum. It will help him lots knowing that he is not in this alone.

Yesterday (had too much to eat and also skipped the exercise, unfortunately reflected a bit in today's blood sugar levels):

Breakfast: A double decaffeinated espresso with cream and erythritol. A slice of Aldi protein bread with brie and turkey salami.

Lunch: Duck breast.

Dinner: A few seed crackers with butter. About half a bar 88% chocolate. A teaspoon of hazelnut butter. Dry red wine.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal -- Hugs for the work stress -- Is January always busy for you?
Thanks. Seems to be that every month is very busy right now! Pressures of Covid aren’t helping. Guess it’s the same for you?

Virtual hugs for work related stress - I bet you are glad it's Friday - have you got that Friday feeling or just knackered with it all ...
Thanks. Had yesterday off :) - great to have a 3 day weekend as 2 days hasn’t cut it for quite a while.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Question about burrata. Had never heard of it until I read about it here - think @Antje77 and @maglil55 may have mentioned it. Found some in M&S yesterday. Aside from eating it straight out of the tub - which does sound quite appealing - any ideas for a carnivore in terms of meal ideas? Would it warm into a decent sauce to go with leftover beef, for example?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Question about burrata. Had never heard of it until I read about it here - think @Antje77 and @maglil55 may have mentioned it. Found some in M&S yesterday. Aside from eating it straight out of the tub - which does sound quite appealing - any ideas for a carnivore in terms of meal ideas? Would it warm into a decent sauce to go with leftover beef, for example?
First thing coming to mind is minced meat with egg and burrata, which must be absolutely delicious (although I've never heard of it).
I'm not sure about warming the burrata though, I think it's usually put on meals at the last moment. The outside is mozzarella so I can't really visualise what would happen if you heat it. Which is not a reason not to try of course!

I also did a quick Google search to see what would pop up and found two recipes which are easily converted to carnivore, one of them surprisingly being my first thought :)
In Dutch, but translating the ingredients shouldn't be a problem.
As for your leftover beef, I'd simply warm the beef and put a nice blob of burrata on top, can't go wrong :hungry:
https://ketohuis.com/gehakt-gepocheerd-ei-burrata/
https://gewoonwateenstudentjesavond...-tomaten-courgette-burrata-en-peterselie.html

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
First thing coming to mind is minced meat with egg and burrata, which must be absolutely delicious

Why didn’t I think of that! Excellent idea, thanks. Not for today as something else is already in the oven, but mince may well come out of the freezer for tomorrow.

Did translate both of those recipes, also with mince as a base. Yum.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Been MIA from this thread for a while.

Very good news on the scan @DJC3

TMAD+ today.

Brunch was pork belly pieces coated in salt and chilli oil and air fried.
Dinner was Picanha. Picked up on an impromptu Waitrose visit this afternoon. Delicious, as is the unpasteurised butter picked up on the same visit - could eat slices of it. Creamy and delicious.

Work has been v stressful recently and have fallen back into a bit of chocolate consumption (although I did manage to put the almond butter that jumped off the shelf back onto the shelf, so one victory). Melted some Waitrose 1 90% with some of the butter and coated some salted almonds and macadamia.

View attachment 47116

Hugs for the stress but absolute winner for putting the almond butter back. I found I’d bought a jar last week and half of it was gone the same evening. It’s all gone now but somehow hasn’t appeared in any of my meal plans/ menus.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

@DJC3 -- Great news -- so happy for you. For how long have you been in remission now?

Nearly 4 years I have 2 more, 6 monthly scans and then, all being well, will be on annual scans. The probability improves after 5 years - Only a sobering 1 in 3 chance of surviving until 5 yrs so That’s my next milestone.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Right that's it I am heading there - albeit other side of world from me in not so Bonnie Scotland, you have pubs open, sunshine and woolworths ...
Hopefully one day you can come on over when this craziness is over ☆

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
onions
leek
Haven't been an offal lover since childhood but have been hearing that chicken liver is mild, and I do like pate so when I saw some in the supermarket I bought them. Found recipes for spiced up devilled ones so gave it a go. Chickened out (!) at last minute and blitzed it down into a pate.
Boy liked it before blitzing, hubby wasn't so sure. I had some on lettuce and some on cucumber. Trouble is its made 3 ramekins... luckily cats seem to like it.
I might try them whole one more time. Its just getting over those childhood memories.

Then,a s I had my cooking head on I made some lc brownies (now safely in the freezer) and some lc cheesy soda bread (also portioned and in the freezer)

D was just a little bit of beef and 2 lc brownies bites.
My mum used to cook me liver all the time when I was growing up. This is a recipe similar to how show made them for my family. I don't recall her adding the mint but just remember I really enjoyed eating them. But I did eat them with my mums freshly made lebanese mountain bread.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Everyone.

This is yet another reminder that this thread is a What Did You Eat Today thread, not a general chat thread.

We have some lovely chat threads in the General Chat section of the forum. There is even a chatty spin off from this thread which was created so that people could chat there and stay focused on Low Carb food here, in order to provide somewhere that both newbies and oldies could exchange ideas and record their menus.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
onions
leek
Well found this recipe so I say it would work oops edited to add the link
https://allyskitchen.com/creamy-vod...gn=yummly&utm_medium=yummly&utm_source=yummly