What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Behind again!

Having eaten the same Nando’s meal three days this week, I branched out and cooked both of today’s meals myself.

Lunch was pork belly pieces coated in chilli oil and salt and air fried. Double the usual amount as I was ravenous - started with the usual portion, but went back and cooked a second batch.

Dinner was carnivore pizza topped with chorizo and salami. Haven’t had that in a while. Really enjoyed it.

E6F64A3D-7E2F-41E2-9B7B-016803A1B2E7.jpeg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
no breakfast
Early lunch of 2 scrambled eggs and a little cheese before braving a trip into town

Mid afternoon a nut bar and some sugar free kombucha, the latter a pleasant surprise recommendation from a T1 friend. Doesn't taste of sweetener like other low sugar drinks. The elderflower and lemon flavour would make a good mixer. Brand is Nexbo. Got mine in Sainsburys

D. Had thrown some sad celery, carrots and onion in the slow cooker earlier thinking veg soup but it smelled of cabbage water so at points in the day added some duck stock and 4 chipolatas. Ended up being a tasty stewy soupy thing served over yesterday's leftover celeriac mash. Boys had pie and chips.
A wine half and half with some kombucha
Another nut bar (why did I buy them?)

Edited for numerous typos

shelley262

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yay managed 3rd day in a row of OMAD only difference was that previous two days had black coffee but needed to add cream today to keep on track!
One meal at teatime lamb shank, stuffed mushrooms and green beans with glass of soda water with splash of dry white pudding DGF brownie with spoon of extra thick cream.
Will probably be doing two meals tomorrow don’t want my body to get used to this new pattern think it’s good to mix things up.

Reactions: maglil55

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - chia pudding made same way as yesterday

Dinner - carbonara made with naked noodles, bacon, mushroom & onions

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and DGF cake.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: Balti chicken curry with cauliflower rice followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. I’ve become quite used to skipping breakfast now and just drinking black coffee until lunchtime...however today the new batch of DGF cakes arrived mid morning. I’ve missed out on the Notella blondies up til now, but finally got some. I had to try one with my mid morning coffee - gorgeous! My favourite so far.
Lunch was a LoDough wrap ‘tuna melt’ ( filled with tuna, Mayo and melted Emmental)
Dinner was 3 x Waitrose 1 Cumberland sausages and a kind of frittata made with fried mushrooms and broccoli with a couple of eggs stirred through.
Oh and another DGF cake a bit later.
@PenguinMum you’re right the DrAlmond loaves do take a long time to cook -over an hour usually. They are very easy to make though, just a couple of minutes mixing. The walnut flour one doesn’t taste of walnuts - I was hoping it might have a more nutty flavour. I remember last time I made it I thought I might add some finely chopped walnuts or seeds next time ( but I forgot) I’ve quite liked all the ones I’ve tried so far though and they are v low carb.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. I’ve become quite used to skipping breakfast now and just drinking black coffee until lunchtime...however today the new batch of DGF cakes arrived mid morning. I’ve missed out on the Notella blondies up til now, but finally got some. I had to try one with my mid morning coffee - gorgeous! My favourite so far.
Lunch was a LoDough wrap ‘tuna melt’ ( filled with tuna, Mayo and melted Emmental)
Dinner was 3 x Waitrose 1 Cumberland sausages and a kind of frittata made with fried mushrooms and broccoli with a couple of eggs stirred through.
Oh and another DGF cake a bit later.
@PenguinMum you’re right the DrAlmond loaves do take a long time to cook -over an hour usually. They are very easy to make though, just a couple of minutes mixing. The walnut flour one doesn’t taste of walnuts - I was hoping it might have a more nutty flavour. I remember last time I made it I thought I might add some finely chopped walnuts or seeds next time ( but I forgot) I’ve quite liked all the ones I’ve tried so far though and they are v low carb.
I missed out on the new blondies - I was too late - do you think these are just a one off or do you know if they stock them all year round?

Also, Dr Almond loaves are they as easy as just mixing the ingredients - so might be ok for me - a novice bread maker?

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

Onlinecaroline

Brunch - scrambled egg with a dollop of extra thick cream, a heck sausage, 2 rashers of bacon and half an avocado.

Snack - I thought the big brunch would have kept me full but ended up with 2 Babybels and 2 slice of Parma ham.

Dinner: Ribeye, creamed spinach, mushrooms and celeriac chips, with homemade bernaise sauce. About 10g but mainly for the veg.

Cuppa and a Kinetic Kitchen keto doughnut.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I missed out on the new blondies - I was too late - do you think these are just a one off or do you know if they stock them all year round?

Also, Dr Almond loaves are they as easy as just mixing the ingredients - so might be ok for me - a novice bread maker?

I think they’ll carry on with the Notella blondies - they seem very popular, but of course they only make small batches so they sell out v quickly. Have you joined the fb group? He tends to post on there which flavours are going live next, usually new batches are released 7pm on a Friday.
Yes, you’ll be fine with the bread mix - it is literally measuring out water, chucking it in and mixing. It goes very stiff very quickly so keep at it. They are expensive, but all low carb stuff tends to be. I guess the ingredients are just a lot more expensive than plain white flour. I’ll probably make another loaf today, if so I’ll post a photo later for you to see.

Reactions: Mrs T 123

shelley262

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well didn’t manage 4th day of OMAD but not far off
Mid afternoon succumbed to about 2oz of vintage cheddar but no cream in my coffee today
Dinner salmon, roasted cauliflower, and asparagus with glass of soda water with dash of dry white wine followed by DGF blondie and teaspoon of cream. Will have hm truffle in a bit to cheer up a Black decaff coffee.
About to go and try and order some DGF goodies at 7 when they do restock you have to be quick!
Edit yay got these
https://deliciouslyguiltfree.com/collections/frontpage/products/chocolate-raspberry
Look lovely

Last edited:

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think they’ll carry on with the Notella blondies - they seem very popular, but of course they only make small batches so they sell out v quickly. Have you joined the fb group? He tends to post on there which flavours are going live next, usually new batches are released 7pm on a Friday.
Yes, you’ll be fine with the bread mix - it is literally measuring out water, chucking it in and mixing. It goes very stiff very quickly so keep at it. They are expensive, but all low carb stuff tends to be. I guess the ingredients are just a lot more expensive than plain white flour. I’ll probably make another loaf today, if so I’ll post a photo later for you to see.
Where do you buy yours? - I had a look on Amazon and couldn't see it

Reactions: DJC3

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 2 slices slc sandwiches on smoked back bacon and a little 50% less sugar & salt ketchup. Mug of earl grey

Dinner - Large mushroom & onion omlette. Large glass of pepsi max

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I managed to secure a box of the new blondies from DGF - I had missed last weeks so I e-mailed to ask when they may have some more and he said he had 3 left - so I ordered 1 (I am not greedy) so there could be 2 left if anyone is interested :)

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done on getting your hands on a box of the new blondies @Mrs T 123 and the choc raspberry ones @shelley262
Today I had a bacon sandwich for lunch in the new DrAlmond bread. The slices are quite small so ended up with 2 sandwiches, then added a fried egg to the second sandwich so it ended up being a pretty substantial lunch.
Dinner was a curry - beef mince, spinach and coconut from Urvashi Pitre’s Indian IP cookbook

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and a tiny bit of cream (I’m cutting down to help lose some more weight) washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and DGF cake (just one left in the freezer now, I managed to resist ordering more tonight!)
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and 1/2 pack of coconut bites.
Dinner: chicken satay sticks, salad, coleslaw and a small packet of Cheesies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Felt I needed breakfast today after a poor night's sleep, but the cupboards were bare awaiting an afternoon asda delivery, so ended up with ff greek, seeds and lc jelly

A walk with a friend who is stressed schooling 3 at home

L. Cheese crisps, olives, a tomato and a bit more cheese.

Cooked some nut bars, and tasted the mix far too often. Results are now safely in freezer.

D. Chicken curry, home made with leeks and carrots. Boys had rice.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bit behind again Tuesday 2 February bed 7.1 FBG 6.9.
B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with pate.
L. Nothing
D. Had the one remaining chicken escalope with the LC garlic crumb with veggie chips and a mini cob. Followed my my new addiction, Lidl's High Protein ice cream lolly - vanilla.

Wednesday - 3 February bed 6.6 FBG 6.7

B. Usual TAG and 2 slices SLC toast with butter.
L. Nothing
D. Hubby was on a major soup making effort for me to transport tomorrow so, faced with catering sized quantities of lentil soup, I had soup and a sandwich. Lentil soup plus 2 slices of SLC bread with ox tongue and coleslaw.

I wasn't very great Tuesday & Wednesday. Grandson was having some "trying" periods with home schooling and I reckon I'm just generally run down. Still, hot shower and a coating of Vicks sorts things out.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry for the chipped tooth @mrs A2 (my spellchecker wanted to turn you into MRSA!). Sorry too that you're feeling under the weather @Goonergal - hopefully it's just a 48hr thing. Love the new avatar too.

Thursday 4 February bed 7.9 (bit of a lag from the lentil soup but I don't care - it was good) FBG 6.1

B. TAG and SLC sandwich with ox tongue and coleslaw.
L. Nothing
D. One of these Iceland wild shrimp with chilli and tomato with extra santini tomatoes, cauliflower rice, 2 mushrooms and some leftover Thai red curry. Another Lidl lolly - chocolate one this time. It's a bit of a lucky dip as I take them out of their box so I'm not sure what I'll get from the freezer.

Took a pile of soup to brother's and Mum picked up grandson. It was quite a laugh. Their huge dog was with her and he has a kind of saddlebag on his back so he transported their soup & cheese bread in his saddlebags! I wish I'd taken a photo, he's so obliging.

Reactions: Mrs T 123