What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and an Atkins bar.
Dinner: gammon steak with runner beans and Brussels followed by SF blackcurrant jelly and cream.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
That looks amazing!
And yours look much tastier than the ones in your link!

Bit of a messy picture (even messier than usual) but a very nice meal nonetheless. :)
Almost the same ingredients as yesterday but a very different meal.
Had my runner beans with boiled eggs mashed with butter and salt, and the same salad as yesterday minus the egg but with bacon.

274169234_10225112470713240_8258517647838371724_n.jpg

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Now, I am quite perplexed:
1. What do the egg companies do with all those egg yolks that are are separated from the egg whites; and
2. How do they extract the egg whites on an industrial scale making sure that it is free from egg yolks?

Mysteries of life!
They use millions of eggs here in Australia to make Fluvax.

Reactions: maglil55

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two slices middle bacon, two egg cheese omelette for breakfast.
No smoko as I had a early (midday) appointment at my GP's.
Half a beef and bacon pie for a smoko int he arvo.
Steak and fried onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, green jelly for dinner.

RosemaryJackson

hello everyone. Not had a good day today. Bf 1 and a half cold sausages with mayo. L. 2 buttered Ryvitas and Large piece of Keto cheesecake with lots of cream. Won't be having it again, too many carbs. D Small piece of baked chicken that I had yesterday. Bedtime bg 6.8.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: thinly sliced wholemeal bread, butter and marmite.

Not sure that there will be any more food today - feeling pretty grotty. There is a rib-eye steak in the fridge that Neil bought for me this morning, so if I do feel like eating later, it will be that. Possibly just that and nothing served with it.

RosemaryJackson

@maglil55, also cremated the celeriac fries lol! But I will try again. @Goonergal, I saw you said ' a fry up'. So I fried off some bacon and then added 250g of green veg chopped fine then added an egg scrambled with dash of cream. It was very tasty and filling. Another bf on my list. Ty. So todays brunch was the above recipe and tonight will be 2 boiled eggs with salad and mayo. Am trying 2mad.

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
breakfast; low carb granola, a toasted slice of carbzone bread and butter
mocha
lunch; chicken and mayo in SLC bread. peanut buttercup
tea: sausage, egg, tomatoes. raspberries, strawberries and blueberries with cream 90% lindt (amount undisclosed)!
diet coke, pistachios and a little popcorn

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Tori71 I’ll join you in non-disclosure of the quantity of 90% chocolate and cream consumed today!

Aside from that, 2 portions - one for lunch, one for dinner - of air fried pork belly pieces. Found some deliciously fatty ones in Asda this morning. Got there before the other person who goes through every package looking for the fattiest ones!

BE37934B-716D-4E6E-903F-2D3F206184F9.jpeg

shelley262

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lunch hm pate, a hm lc roll and some saladstuff and large handful of mixed nuts followed by yoghurt and a few berries
Dinner partridge breasts wrapped in Parma ham and pan fried served with salads followed by lc blondie with some more of my hm yoghurt
My current batch of yoghurt finished first thing and it’s my best yet - really thick and creamy and first one haven’t needed to seive to thicken it. I’ve got another batch in my yoghurt maker using a few spoons of todays yoghurt to help it. Up to mums on Saturday - medical appts - staying until Tuesday or Wednesday so trying to get extra stuff ready to pack and take. I’ve been cooking a gammon in my slow cooker today and also cooking some organic beetroot both favourites of hers. Flood barriers gone up again here.
I’m just sipping clove tea but moving on to water only next as need to do 12-14 hour water fast before my annual bloods (including full fasting lipids) in the morning. Where did that year go?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Tori71 I’ll join you in non-disclosure of the quantity of 90% chocolate and cream consumed today!

Aside from that, 2 portions - one for lunch, one for dinner - of air fried pork belly pieces. Found some deliciously fatty ones in Asda this morning. Got there before the other person who goes through every package looking for the fattiest ones!

View attachment 53447

Have you met and asked the other person if they are a forumite?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you met and asked the other person if they are a forumite?

Yes. It’s a small local Asda and we’ve stood next to each other sorting the packets before now! She didn’t have much English but agreed that the fatty ones were best!

Reactions: DJC3 and Antje77

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@maglil55, also cremated the celeriac fries lol! But I will try again. @Goonergal, I saw you said ' a fry up'. So I fried off some bacon and then added 250g of green veg chopped fine then added an egg scrambled with dash of cream. It was very tasty and filling. Another bf on my list. Ty. So todays brunch was the above recipe and tonight will be 2 boiled eggs with salad and mayo. Am trying 2mad.
Give them a move about every so often. Maybe try taking the heat down a little, then upping it to crisp them up? Once you crack the timings for your oven, you'll make them without thinking. You can deep fry, and then they are visible. However, they won't crisp up.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck with the bloods tomorrow @shelley262 Hope all goes well at your mum’s too.

Today’s meals:
L: a bit of mince left over from yesterday’s burgers, fried, with 2 fried eggs and grated cheese on top. Handful of Montezuma’s 100% buttons
D- partridge breasts ( snap @shelley262 ) from a mixed seasonal box from Wild and Game. I used the recipe in the booklet they enclosed. Very little modification needed, it had a white wine, garlic, lemon and cream sauce with capers. Served with baked aubergine and sprouts. Never had partridge before but I really liked it. Another handful of Montezuma’s buttons to follow.
IMG_1645127043.526889.jpg

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Last of the runner beans today.
This time with Danish blue again, and a burger with a slice of goat's cheese on a bed of endive. :hungry:

And for anyone wondering what's suddenly up with all the endive lately: it was on offer, and it's the absolute favourite of the guinea pigs so I bought a LOT of it. :hilarious:
And I like it of course!

274089952_10225117214831840_4564453913969614116_n.jpg

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6.9 FBG 6.5. Another vile day. Why is it school holiday week gets the really awful weather?

B. TAG and a repeat of yesterday's breakfast, the DD mini quiche (they were just as good today @Antje77).
L. Coconut milk
D. Roast chicken with pork and sage stuffing. Wilted spinach and a cauliflower/cheese gratin. I make them in a ring and I don't bland them totally smooth as it gives them some bite.

@Annb sorry you're still not feeling great.
20220217_191700.jpg

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good luck with the bloods tomorrow @shelley262 Hope all goes well at your mum’s too.

Today’s meals:
L: a bit of mince left over from yesterday’s burgers, fried, with 2 fried eggs and grated cheese on top. Handful of Montezuma’s 100% buttons
D- partridge breasts ( snap @shelley262 ) from a mixed seasonal box from Wild and Game. I used the recipe in the booklet they enclosed. Very little modification needed, it had a white wine, garlic, lemon and cream sauce with capers. Served with baked aubergine and sprouts. Never had partridge before but I really liked it. Another handful of Montezuma’s buttons to follow. View attachment 53454
That looks really good!

Reactions: DJC3

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a phd bar.
Dinner: cauliflower and broccoli cheese with roasted veg followed by SF cherry jelly and cream.

FD27485D-120E-4F96-8D87-9649C18CAFAD.jpeg

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two slices middle bacon, two egg and cheese omelette, mushrooms for breakfast.
Cold hard boiled egg, lemon cordial osmolax mix for smoko.
Roast of the day (pork) veggies and gravy at the Brothers Sports Club bistro for lunch.
Sardines in tomato sauce on toasted low carb bread, pineapple jelly for supper at six.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: scrambled of sausages, eggs and tomato.
Very hilly walk, was supposed to be sunny but got rained on.
Watched hubby eat cake in a cafe
D: steak with steamed kale and buttered cheesy leeks. Small pot of ff greek with chopped pecans and dark choc gingers. I glass red.