What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Bit of a picky morning and then a new recipe for dinner.

Picked at Lindt 90%, Fage 0% and raspberries late morning.

Pre-dinner had almond butter and cream. Dinner was carnivore carbonara - idea and recipe pinched from Jen Unwin, who posted this video of her and her grandson making the dish earlier this week. Bacon, with mortadella strips instead of pasta and a sauce of egg yolks. Not sure I had the quantities exactly right, but it was tasty and will feature again.

63549035-493E-40AE-BDE3-4BC866E3F082.jpeg

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Bit of a picky morning and then a new recipe for dinner.

Picked at Lindt 90%, Fage 0% and raspberries late morning.

Pre-dinner had almond butter and cream. Dinner was carnivore carbonara - idea and recipe pinched from Jen Unwin, who posted this video of her and her grandson making the dish earlier this week. Bacon, with mortadella strips instead of pasta and a sauce of egg yolks. Not sure I had the quantities exactly right, but it was tasty and will feature again.

View attachment 53948

Lovely video, Goonergal, although my inner foodie was screaming for Jen to lob that lot in a decent wok. Sooooo much easier to heat everything through.

Tonight was air fryer chicken with lemon pepper, plus a few of OH's chips and some mushy peas. I only have the little very crispy chips that are almost like crisps.

Odd combo, but MrB wanted chip shop fish and chips.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and an Aldi protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Dinner: LC pork pie with coleslaw and two piccolo tomatoes followed by SF blackcurrant jelly and cream.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thursday bed and FBG both 7 1. Am I being punished for something? I've now got a really annoying cold with a tickly cough. I feel really run down.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast one with whipped cheese, one with pate.

L. Nothing

D. Not a lot. Just don't feel like eating. 2 SLC toast and 2 eggs mashed with butter. I M&S plum.

Coconut milk but it wasn't stopping the tickly cough.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Supposed to be TMAD today
Mid morning: 3 eggs scrambled, sprinkled with parmesan and a side of tatsiki
Exercise class folowed by quick supermarket shop. 4 aubergine for 10p each, stir fry veg 18p
Oppo ice cream was also on special, and just the right temperature for eating by the time I got home,, misread the label and thought half a pot was 12g, but no it was 23 or so!
D: stir fry veg and chicken fillets, garlic, ginger and a dash soy sauce.
Very churning tummy... was it the veg or the Oppo?
That's why I only ever have a scoop of Oppo when I have it.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Three hard boiled eggs, two slices low carb toast and vegimite for breakfast.
No smoko again today.
Red Rooster spicy chicken halves, green veggies, gravy, orange jelly for lunch.
Ham, cheese and tomato low carb toasted sandwiches for supper at six.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Friday bed 6.1 FBG 6.2. Still got that tickly cough. 1/2 day at school but eldest wants to have lunch at ours. He's no trouble anyway but I want a chat with him anyway as he's been a bit unsettled the last couple of days.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with a slice of ox tongue and Philly.

L. 6 cherries.

D. Went with Rose veal liver, streaky bacon, fried egg, santini tomatoes and cauliflower mash.
One of the Lidl little dark raspberry bars.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No breakfast as had fasting blood test. Had booked for hba1c but she took several vials as apparently I was down for full bloods. Mix of interest and apprehension...

Brunch of 2 pieces hm lc soda bread with some Wensleydale cheese. 3 seedy crackers

Later while cooking up my bargains from yesterday, had too many olives

D: steak with aubergine parmigiana and a few celeriac chips. Coffee pudding with 2 chopped brazils and 1 square 85% chopped. 1 white wine

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
(March 25th)

Breakfast (9am): None
Snack (10:30am): None
Lunch (12pm): Leftover sirloin steak with sautéed onions and mushrooms
Snack (3pm): 0% greek yogurt with keto granola topping
Dinner (8pm): Sirloin steak again! Just meat.
Evening Snack (10pm) – One low carb beer and handful of peanuts.

Walked 7.97km to bring my YTD total to 349.63km.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Today will be a 2MAD day. Em stayed overnight and has been wolfing down as much crispy bacon as I can provide her with. So far she has had about 7/8 of a pack - and she told me she didn't want breakfast.

So, making bacon made me hungry and there was an experimental coconut rice pudding in the fridge! Just waiting to see what impact it has on BG - not as bad as the impact on my stomach, I hope. Didn't enjoy it at all. I will eat later today. It will be bubble and squeak with left-over Brussels sprouts, gammon and some other bits and pieces from the fridge, all with a fried egg on top. Might have to pass on the egg - Neil couldn't get any when he went shopping yesterday. That might have been because he went late in the day, not feeling up to it earlier.

The tea tree ointment seems to be doing my sore some good. The larger red area is reduced and the central, dodgy looking part has calmed down a bit. So I'll keep going with that and see how we go.

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders any bugs. Horror films and diabetes even tho I’ve reversed it.
No breakfast as had fasting blood test. Had booked for hba1c but she took several vials as apparently I was down for full bloods. Mix of interest and apprehension...

Brunch of 2 pieces hm lc soda bread with some Wensleydale cheese. 3 seedy crackers

Later while cooking up my bargains from yesterday, had too many olives

D: steak with aubergine parmigiana and a few celeriac chips. Coffee pudding with 2 chopped brazils and 1 square 85% chopped. 1 white wine
Hello, good luck for your hba1c results I got mine back last week it was 31mm xx

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Early yoga, so nothing beforehand
11:00 2 soft boiled eggs with hm lc soda bread and marmite.
Cooked a fresh loaf of soda bread and some lc cookies for the freezer. Trouble was I nibbled about 6 of the cookies before they got to the freezer.
Less than 2g carbs each but have been feeling heavy and bloated and uncomfortable ever since.
No real dinner, just the good 3/4 of an avocado that needed eating

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and an Aldi protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a Carb Killa bar.
Dinner: mushroom paté sandwiches made with LC bread with two cherry tomatoes and some coleslaw followed by SF blackcurrant jelly and cream.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two slices middle bacon, two egg and cheese omelette, mushrooms, tomatoes for breakfast.
No smoko.
Savoury liver and bacon, veggies for lunch.
Homemade fish cakes that had been rolled in crushed up salt and vinegar chips instead of bread crumbs, for supper at six.