What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I now know ALL the DGF cookies can be eaten straight from the freezer.

Me too! I think I actually prefer the cookies to the cakes, I always have them frozen since you first mentioned it, I think freezing makes them taste less sweet. The cakes are really way too sweet for me now

Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cheese on SLC toast for breakfast.
Lunch was Turkey breast slices, chilli sauerkraut, h/b egg and salad. DGF brownie (found 2 boxes in the freezer).
D- out after watching the musical Six. Great show. Started with 2 minutes silence, then we were asked to stand for the national anthem. The whole audience then started singing God save our King. It was so moving, most people were in tears by the end.
Food in our favourite seafood restaurant afterwards, a shared seafood platter. King prawn skewers, crevettes, squid, scallops, mussels, cockles, samphire, white wine and cream sauce. Photo taken after we’d eaten half of it
IMG_0904.jpg

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Where do you get those sausages? They look and sound very good. Don't really expect to be able to get them here but if not, I could try to make something along the same lines.
Marks & Spencer. They are in a ring in a foil tray. They come with a BBQ sauce which I don't use. I use the Skinny Co. Chilli sauce to rub them with. That's half on my photo. Hubby gets the other half!

• Informative
Reactions: Annb

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@maglil55 where do you get the sausages from?x
I don't know what is happening - I replied to your post with the photo of the sausages & my request appears here??? how weird is that
Just answered @Annb - M&S. They're really tasty but the sauce that comes with it is ditched in favour of a Skinny Co sauce. Hubby likes them too.

• Friendly
Reactions: Annb and Mrs T 123

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: blackberries, seeds,yoghurt
Yoga
L: a cold sausage and a slice of gouda made into crisps in the microwave. 1 hm lc choc and raspberry ice cream
D: pizza made with lc fathead dough, topping of sausage, tiny bit of chorizo, cheese. 1 small coffee ice cream

Aishia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
O
Anyway tomoro a other day and start all over again. Zzzzzzzz

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon and well cooked eggs, two slices of vegimite on toast for breakfast.
Spicy seafood marinara ( bits of fish, eugaries, squid, prawns, mussels in a spag bol sauce) small portion of reheared pasta spirals for lunch.
Toasted cheese and ham sandwiches for supper at six.

About six blue cheese spread on some pepper crackers that were in the cupboard, and a mug of black billy tea watching Prime.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Guacamole for breakfast around 10.30. I was late up because I had to get up at about 4 am and my legs/feet were so painful that I had to take painkillers and then went back to bed after about an hour so only woke up at 9 am.

2nd meal is planned for today, if I can stay awake long enough (guacamole won't be enough for a single meal today). I have a slice of rump steak and some broccoli so it will be stir fried steak and thin sliced broccoli and some fresh ginger and garlic. Broccoli will be about as much veg as my system is willing to take although guacamole won't have any deleterious effect.

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - small piece of cheese.
Dinner will be a 3-egg omelette, possibly with more cheese (a different sort) and a biiiig keto-friendly salad. If I am hungry between or after the two meals, there is a Lidl Greek yoghurt. If I'm not, it will keep for another day.

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
Breakfast :- 2x fried eggs ,3x peices of bacon , half an avacado and 2 small grilled mushrooms
Lunch :- chorizo, minutes steak thinly sliced with panchetta flash fried and some cream cheese mixed through
Dinner :- yesterday's leftovers ..fried in butter steamed veg with keto lasagne

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
First things first - thanks to @maglil55 for pushing me to contact Abbot about the Libre I pulled off by accident. They are sending me another! It would never have occurred to me to ask so thank you so much.
Todays food:
B- cheese omelette
L- out ( belated celebration of our Ruby wedding anniversary) Smoked salmon starter. Roast beef main with extra green veg and a bit of cauli cheese ( Yorkies looked so good, such a shame to pass mine over to Paul). Cheeseboard for pud.
Way too much wine - everything including the wine was local so I feel I’ve helped the community by overindulging!
IMG_0911.jpg

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
First things first - thanks to @maglil55 for pushing me to contact Abbot about the Libre I pulled off by accident. They are sending me another! It would never have occurred to me to ask so thank you so much.
Todays food:
B- cheese omelette
L- out ( belated celebration of our Ruby wedding anniversary) Smoked salmon starter. Roast beef main with extra green veg and a bit of cauli cheese ( Yorkies looked so good, such a shame to pass mine over to Paul). Cheeseboard for pud.
Way too much wine - everything including the wine was local so I feel I’ve helped the community by overindulging! View attachment 56385
Happy anniversary!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Todays food:
B- cheese omelette
Way too much wine - everything including the wine was local so I feel I’ve helped the community by overindulging! View attachment 56385
Happy Anniversary and many happy years more. The meal looks fantastic.

Reactions: DJC3

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Todays food:
B- cheese omelette
Happy anniversary!

Reactions: DJC3

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sausages and refried mashed spuds and vegies for breakfast.
Bucket of KFC chicken, potato salad, coldslaw, chips, gravy, our daughter brought with her on a flying visit for lunch.
Hearty beef and veggie soup, two slices toast for supper at six.

Small single malt before going to bed.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Todays food:
B- cheese omelette
What a lovely way to help the local community! I think I must help mine very, very soon :angelic:

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We were hosting a community event this evening so a fair bit of preparation today.
Morning spent getting some salads together so I had several spoonfuls of Greek Salad (just to get the flavour right) and a couple of spoonfuls of coleslaw (I cheat with this one, buy store made then add extra hm lc yoghurt and a little mustard, just peps it up a little)

L: was an omelette/frittata using up Fridays stir fry veg. As son said, it tasted just like egg fried rice but without the rice!

Mid afternoon, couple of squares of hm lc cake from the freezer.

7:30 ish (which is late for me) a pork steak, some spicy marinated chicken, greek salad, coleslaw. I got others to contribute the desserts while I did a splendid cheese board. I stuck with the cheese and nuts.
Because I was in charge of menu planning it worked well carb wise as those not in the know could add jacket potato, French bread and desserts, but I didn't feel like I was missing out as I ate the main menu, they just added carbs.

1 large wine with soda, that I made last all evening