What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
One or two meal day today - not sure which. Starting some time soon (when the smoke clears) with some belly pork which I was finishing in the oven after frying quickly to seal them. Oven too hot and the kitchen is full of smoke. So now the window is open and the fan is going full blast. At least I realised and stopped the smoke emissions before the fire alarms went off.

If I have a second meal, it will be more of the beef stew I made the other day.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been looking at the M&S website to see if I could find those sausages that Maglil had, but no luck so I'll just have to work it out for myself. Not sure what kind of cheese to use though - riccotta style or hard cheese style. Maybe try 2 lots and a bit of both and see what happens.
Edited to fix typo.

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

filly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Coffee with cream early.
Pork with green pepper tomato and cucumber twice!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: coffee shop coconut cappuccino and a Carb killa bar.
Dinner: keralan chicken curry with mushrooms and cauli rice followed by SF blackcurrant jelly and cream.

7F7502DC-632B-41E2-AB54-93CF553C3B22.jpeg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I did have the beef and ginger stew for my second meal but what I'd put in the box as a portion(2 serving spoonsful) was far too much, so I couldn't finish it. It was also a little bit spoiled by addition of the bean sprouts. Never again.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the anniversary wishes everyone. I’m really not sure how 40 yrs have disappeared.

Today was a more sober affair:

B- 2 h/b eggs, chilli sauerkraut.

L-SLC split, one half with cream cheese and smoked salmon ( as the lunchtime news announced that over 65s should stop eating smoked salmon for fear of Listeria poisoning - I’m only 64 so will get stuck in). The other half with smoked mackerel fillet and cream cheese mixed with wasabi paste. It was gorgeous.

D- Sausage meatballs with fresh tomato sauce. Pasta for Paul, couple of slices of SLC bread for me.
Snack at some point - mini bar of Montezuma’s absolute black.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sausages and well fried eggs, two slices toast and vegimite for breakfast.
Roasted pork shoulder, veggies, gravy for lunch.
Chicken in buffalo sauce nuked for five minutes in the microwave for supper at six.

Mug of black billy tea before going to bed.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I didn't hear that news item. Don't think I shall worry about Listeria though. I do like smoked salmon.

It seemed a knee jerk reaction to me too. There have only been 8 reported cases apparently, and I think that isolating the source of the problem - presumably at a specific processing plant, like the bagged salad a few years ago, will be more useful than a blanket ban on eating it.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Back from seeing the nurse and telling her how useless the stockings were so now my legs are bandaged again and I can't comfortably wear my shoes. Heigh ho ...

I was rushing a bit this morning so I just had a wheat wrap with some ham - no bread left and only the one wrap. Result? Indigestion! Of course.

Feel I have to do some baking for my guests tomorrow (it's expected of me) so was up in the early hours, not able to sleep, making pastry for a tart. Just made some frangipane to go into it. Not for me though. I shan't indulge. Promise.

For me, in a while, bacon and eggs and hope it will be enough to keep me going all day. If not, there is still some ham in the fridge.

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - two hardboiled eggs and an avocado. Dinner will be chicken salad and I'll have a GLASS OF RED WINE!
How big a glass, I hear you ask. A bottle lasts me 5 days. I did 11 months teetotal after initial diagnosis, and now am experimenting with the wine. I never did have more than one glass.

filly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Coffee and cream
Mozzerella Cheese tomato and avocado oil herbs
Fish and small amount of mixed veg.
Fage 5% Yogurt

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: seeds, blackberries, yoghurt
Dancing
L: bit of cold prok, Coleslaw and cheese
More Dancing
D: cabbage rolls (savoy cabbage leaves stuffed with minced cold pork, baked in passage, melted cheese on top), first of the winter type dishes.
Real coffee ice cream.

70% chocolate while watching bakeoff

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a PE bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a PHD bar.
Dinner: gammon slow cooked in diet apple Tango with roasted Mediterranean veggies followed by SF raspberry jelly and cream.

7883BDD3-C7A7-4AE5-BBF0-522C61630A21.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B- can’t actually remember, but I’m sure I had some
L- sort of homemade rollitos: slices of roast beef and cheese rolled around chilli sauerkraut. DGF brownie and cream.
Snacked on nuts at some point.
D- Chicken sheet pan fajitas ( no tortilla) sour cream, grated cheese and avocado.
IMG_0925.jpg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
It's 20 past 5 am. I'm on my third cup of tea since 2.30 am and thinking about breakfast. Bacon and egg beckons, but it's far too early yet, so it will just have to beckon for a while. Animal Cops is playing in the background and I'm trying to finish up all that I didn't do last night because I was so tired.

My plan for a main meal today was the experimental sausages that I'd promised myself but with all that's happening today, I don't think there will be time or energy. Maybe tomorrow and I'll make do just with bacon and eggs for today. But I suppose I shall have to show willing and have some of the salad at lunch time when my friends come. Salad really isn't my thing. Maybe just snack on bits of cheese.

Edited to fix typo.

Last edited: