What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Oopsie bread with pate
L: Low carb homemade chocolate mousse
D: Chicken curry, 3 small poppadoms. Low carb cheesecake with fresh pineapple sauce.

Reactions: Chook

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: none
L: none
3pm: handful almonds
D: 8oz steak with peppers, mushroom, tomato, coleslaw and half portion of chips.

Reactions: mo53 and Chook

dukidoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Running
B..Greek yoghurt with blueberries.
L.. Homemade soup ,broccoli ,spring onion,leeks,red pepper,watercress .
D.. Spiralized courgette,with braised pork fillet ,mushroom ,red onion,grained mustard and green beans.

Celebrating as recent Hba1c was 3.5 , been on LC diet for 1 year ,and ? Reducing meds with next Drs visit

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today's extravaganza will be:

B: Tomatoes on a slice of spelt toast; Greek yoghurt and mango chunks
L: Waldorf salad; baked spiced carrots with a herby lemon yoghurt dip
D: Apple hasselback pork loin, slow roasted in a cider glaze, with baked cauliflower and courgette "pizza" boats

Trying out some new LC recipes! :)

When do I get an invite, sounds super tasty!

Reactions: debrasue

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Finally feel I've earnt my LCHF stripes tonight .... had cauliflower mash :) ok, I bought it from Waitrose (good to see it in supermarkets though?) mmmm. Not sure - pretty cauli tasting. Thinking it would be nicer if I made it. But under 25g of carbs today so hunk that is good?

But boy is this so so hard at times!

Reactions: daisyduck

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Red berry mix with Greek yoghurt
L. Slice of ham and snack size Stilton followed by pomegranate pot
35 minutes swimming
D. Chinese restaurant. Hot and sour soup, chicken satay sizzler and mushroom side dish.

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: Homemade LCHF bircher style muesli with almond milk; small cup of coffee with cream.

300 mile round trip to family funeral, followed by

L: family lunch in restaurant of tomato and basil soup with crusty french bread (left the bread)
Roast chicken, pigs in blankets, roast pots, Yorkshire pudding, brussel sprouts, sliced carrots (left the pots)

Passed on the dessert course which was a choice of apple pie or strawberry cheesecake.

S: Starbucks drive-thru Americano with pouring cream on drive home.

D: None

Feeling quite virtuous considering I had no control over the lunch menu which was pre-chosen for us

Reactions: mo53
D

debrasue

Finally feel I've earnt my LCHF stripes tonight .... had cauliflower mash :) ok, I bought it from Waitrose (good to see it in supermarkets though?) mmmm. Not sure - pretty cauli tasting. Thinking it would be nicer if I made it. But under 25g of carbs today so hunk that is good?

But boy is this so so hard at times!
The cauliflower mash you make yourself - with cream cheese, garlic and Parmesan - is really, really good.