What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

B

badcat

B - nothing
L - bag of pork scratchings
D - Oomi noodles with a sauce made from mushrooms,spring onions,tuna, chilli, tomato and a bit of mustard fried in butter with some cream cheese
Drinks - 2 x coffee with cream, water with lemon

Reactions: Chook

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast at 16.00. I finished of the lamb mince (egg in it to bind) with a handful of blanched broad beans from a friends allotment.

B

badcat

B - nothing
L - a slice of my home made apricot and nectarine cake (12g carbs a slice)
D - is planned to be avocado, brie, salad & garlic mayonnaise. May add half a Josephs laavash wrap depending what sugars look like
Drinks - 2 x coffee with lactofree cream, water with lemo

EDIT

Changed my mins and made a quiche with broccoli, mushroom,leek and goat cheese filling using the recipe from Diet Doctor for the pie crust and throwing together my own invention for the filling - looks very nice

24g carbs for the day makes me quite pleased

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: heh and Chook

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Breakfast: Two boiled eggs, buttered Lidl protein roll soldiers

Lunch: Leftover roast chicken thigh and a cube of gorgonzola

Dinner: Steak with Stilton melted on it

Snack (if needed) I've got more of those chicken thighs or cold boiled eggs

(Yes, in trying to go even lower carb)

Reactions: heh and badcat

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
B - nothing
L - a slice of my home made apricot and nectarine cake (12g carbs a slice)
D - is planned to be avocado, brie, salad & garlic mayonnaise. May add half a Josephs laavash wrap depending what sugars look like
Drinks - 2 x coffee with lactofree cream, water with lemo

EDIT

Changed my mins and made a quiche with broccoli, mushroom,leek and goat cheese filling using the recipe from Diet Doctor for the pie crust and throwing together my own invention for the filling - looks very nice

24g carbs for the day makes me quite pleased

The DD goats cheese and spinach pie is REALLY nice. Nice enough that I have actually made it twice and I am definitely NOT Nigella in the kitchen.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Raspberries and cream

1 hours swimming

L. Bacon and egg

Gardening

D. Roast pork, carrots, onions, cabbage and gravy. Strawberries and Alpro vanilla icecream.

Reactions: heh

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed on 6.2 FBG 5.7 and pre breakfast 6.6. Getting better again. Spent the day in the 4's and 5's. No 1 is staying so I've been busy although he must have been tired as he asked to go to bed!
B. Omelette made with mushrooms, tomato and parsley. Tassimo morning coffee with cream.
L. 3 walnuts (busy making food for No 1. He places orders with Nana's restaurant)
D. A buffalo burger. I cannot remember where I got it but it is good. Had it with a Portobello mushroom and a salad of lettuce , cherry tomatoes, 1/2 avocado, 2 Walnuts and a cheddar mini.

2 squares 90 % post story reading. Swimming tomorrow - last one until after holidays.

Reactions: heh and mo53

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Breakfast: Two fried eggs, three grilled rashers of bacon

Lunch: Huge Costa coffee with cream (in Costa)

Dinner: One of Mr C's favourites: Starter: Mussels (hot, in the shell cooked in white wine) Main: Huge amount of prawns in their shells

Prosecco

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back from hol, so yesterday was

B: nothing
L: a bunless burger and half the fries in a motorway services, followed by a brisk circuit of services with the mutts.
D: DietDoctor pork in sundried tom and cream cheese sauce, which was delish, also frozen leeks, which would have been nicer if they had been cooked a smidge more.

Today could be interesting.
B: bacon, egg and local butcher's GF sausage
L: definitely won't be necessary
D: possibly pizza (GF Dominos or homemade DD) still under negotiation with Mr B who passionately wants to order a delivery in a last holiday fanfare (he starts work again tomorrow).

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello, yesterday I had

B - toasted protein foll with butter
L - pack pork scratchings
D - bacon and halloumi filled protein roll with salad and 2 glasses red wine

Today

B - nothing
L - 2 fried eggs and pack of pork scratchings
D - plan to have takeaway, our chip shop does me a lovely salad box, no dressing with mixed chicken and lamb kebab meat, I add Mayo when I get home..

Reactions: Chook and heh

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Raspberries and cream

L. Camambert and walnuts

D. Crust less quiche with salad. Strawberries and Alpro vanilla icecream

Reactions: heh and Chook

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 5.1 FBG 5.3 and pre breakfast 6.1 followed by swimming with No 1 grandson. He was a really good boy staying last night. Got him a Minecraft jacket today and he's overjoyed with it.
B. 1/2 a Lidl high protein roll with lurpack and Tassimo morning coffee and a dash of cream.
L. 1/2 avocado with prawns and Marie rose sauce
D. Salad lettuce, tomato, remains of the prawns, fresh anchovies, calimari, marinated scallops, coleslaw, boiled egg, and the other 1/2 avocado.
A wee prosecco I think too.

B

badcat

B - nothing
L - slice of my LC apricot and nectarine cake with cream
D - Slice of my LC broccoli, leek & goats cheese quiche with watercress, garlic mayo and chilli sause
Drinks 3x nespresso coffee with cream

842 cals and 27g carbs. Need to get more fibre in tho from something other than psyllium husk capsules.

Reactions: heh, mo53 and Chook

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Breakfast: Bacon and eggs

Lunch: Coffee with cream

Dinner: Roast Beef and a very small portion of any green veg from my garden - probably chard, runner beans or purple sprouting broccoli

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nightmare morning with 2 Libre sensors failing. No 3 working and secure and the 2 errant sensors now reported to Abbott and replacements requested.
Despite all that I went to bed on 4.5 FBG was 5.3 ! I missed pre breakfast stabbing as I was faffing about with the sensors but currently it is 5.4.
B. Slice corned beef and ox tongue. Lettuce , 4 cherry tomatoes, cheese coleslaw and a boiled egg. Tassimo morning coffee with cream.
L. Nothing - It's Sunday
D. Usual campari and soda and a wee prosecco.
Hubby's birthday so he decided on the meal.
Prawn cocktail to start but quite a 'posh' one. Usual shredded lettuce and giant prawns but I'm mixing little bits of chopped watermelon through it , Marie rose laced with brandy on the side and topped with squid stuffed with cauliflower rice , pomegranate and pomegranate molassess.
Spaghetti Carbonara but mine is made with oomi noodles mixed with courgetti and diet doctor garlic bread.
They are having profiterols I'm having some strawberries and Alpro soya coconut ice cream.

B

badcat

Picky kind of a day today, playing catch up with my sugars ( stopped my meds 3 weeks ago to see effects of combining fasting with LCHF and my bodies determined to keep on dumping sugar which is a pain in the **** - still managing to keep all post meal spikes to 2 mmol change or less so hovering between 8& 10 which im prepared to tolerate for a while in the name of science!)
B - slice of my low carb apricot cake with cream
L - picked on mozarella cheese, raw broccoli, mayo, crispy seaweed and miso soup
D - slice of my LC quiche with rocket, spinach and watercress salad
Drinks 2 x nespresso with cream, fizzy water with 1/2 a passion fruit squeezed in

1295 cals 28g carbs

Reactions: Chook and heh

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: Bacon, black pudding, eggs & tinned tomatoes, 1 slice wholemeal bread
L: nothing
T: Roast chicken, roast sweet potato & parsnip, carrots & sugarsnap peas. Glass of sauvignon blanc

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: bacon and eggs
L: two tiny slices of gluten free toast with peanut butter. I honestly didn't know bread loaves could be so small!
D: dietdoctor pork in cream cheese and sundried tomato sauce, with garlic spinach
S: seaweed snack thing

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
B - Greek yoghurt with nuts and berries
L - 1/2 lidl protein roll with cream cheese and cucumber, 2 spring onions
D - roast lamb, Cauli mash, 1 roast parsnip, broccoli and graveyard, sugar free jelly made with yoghurt and cream and oh dear medium glass of mother in laws homemade wine. Very nice but not good for me....

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Day 3 of new experiment...

Breakfast: Lightly smoked salmon fillet (baked in the oven)

Lunch: Two 100% beef quarter pounders with blue cheese crumbled and melted on the top

Dinner: Chicken thighs