What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream (2 tsp) washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: impromptu visit to Prèt A Manger, small coconut and chicken curry soup followed by a coconut bite with a Diet Pepsi.
Mid afternoon: Hartleys 10 cal jelly and a black coffee.
Dinner: omelette filled with mushrooms and mozzarella, salad of cauliflower and brocolli followed by strawberries with hazelnut and chocolate Oppo.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What a beautiful day today, shame most of it I was inside, however I did walk from one site to the next and back again just to get some exercise and a shot of vitamin D
Breakfast today LivLife toasted with peanut butter and my indulgent cappuccino
Lunch the remainder of my cauliflower soup with 4 chorizo crisps
Dinner a fat head pizza topped with chorizo, heck chicken sausage, tomatoes and cheese
Lots more carbs than yesterday but still good levels 5.7 at breakfast and again later in the day, then 5.2 before dinner
5.6 2 hrs after first bite :)

Reactions: ziggy_w

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m going to do fathead pizza next week, I thought I’d try sour cream in place of the tomato sauce, someone said they’d done this, sorry I can’t remember who? Do you just spread it on the same as you would tomato then add toppings before putting it in the oven. Does the cream survive the oven ok?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m going to do fathead pizza next week, I thought I’d try sour cream in place of the tomato sauce, someone said they’d done this, sorry I can’t remember who? Do you just spread it on the same as you would tomato then add toppings before putting it in the oven. Does the cream survive the oven ok?

I haven't done it, so will probably be wrong, but I imagine it might go rather liquid. What about using a cheese or bechamel style sauce, then the toppings?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I haven't done it, so will probably be wrong, but I imagine it might go rather liquid. What about using a cheese or bechamel style sauce, then the toppings?

This is going to sound weird, but there is a fab DietDoctor recipe where you mix grated parmesan and mayo, and smoked chipotle paste to make a flavoured paste, then spread it over salmon fillets, and bake. The parm/mayo mix dries on the top, like the crusty top on clotted cream. Lovely.

You could mix some parmesan into your cream cheese for the pizza topping...

Ok, now I want a fathead pizza.
And i want it NOW!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is going to sound weird, but there is a fab DietDoctor recipe where you mix grated parmesan and mayo, and smoked chipotle paste to make a flavoured paste, then spread it over salmon fillets, and bake. The parm/mayo mix dries on the top, like the crusty top on clotted cream. Lovely.

And i want it NOW!

I did think it might be too runny, mixing Parmesan into the cream might work, it’s just I have some sour cream left over.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I did think it might be too runny, mixing Parmesan into the cream might work, it’s just I have some sour cream left over.

I remember that post too, think it might have been @ziggy_w but it was definitely just sour cream spread on as if it was tomato puree.
I haven’t got round to trying it yet either but think I might prefer it

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I remember that post too, think it might have been @ziggy_w but it was definitely just sour cream spread on as if it was tomato puree.

Oh it may have been ziggy! You’re right, hope she tells us how she stopped it dripping all over her oven!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Late post as we ended up having an impromptu bbq to celebrate no. 2 daughter’s partner’s birthday this evening.

B: poached egg, slice of fried halloumi, 1/2 avocado and a couple of fried mushrooms

L: the other 1/2 avocado with some prawns and mayo. Adonis blondie bar

D: BBQ 95% pork sausage, burger, small steak, green salad followed by strawberries and cream. Couple of glasses of red.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @DJC3,

Your trip to Iceland sounds wonderful. It must be really beautiful over there.

Regarding the pizza, just plain sour cream, then sprinkle with cheese and whatever topping you enjoy. Traditionally for a tarte flambe it's onion and bacon, but there are also variations. I just put anything I like on it.

It is @ziggy_w! How do you stop the cream dripping all over your oven?!

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6.9 FBG 6.7 and no nasty DP today. The bug is leaving the building I hope.
B. No time what with school/nursery run then Hubby to the dentist.
L. Small avocado, slice smoked salmon, tablespoon of prawns and 4 Santini tomatoes. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
D. Tesco's hog roast with pork scratching crumb and buttered cabbage. Wanted something easy. It was ok but a bit fatty - I could cook it better but ok if you want a break from cooking.
Halo Top ice cream.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

And i want it NOW!
Have to agree on that DD salmon recipe. I've had that loads of times and it certainly isn't runny.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hi @shelley262 and @Rachox,

Actually, dripping has never been a problem. Sour cream isn't very different from tomato sauce, which is quite liquid too. Just make sure, you don't put too much sour cream, just a thin layer.

Attached is a picture of a traditional tarte flambe to give you an idea. Of course, it is easy to use toppings other than onions and bacon.

upload_2018-4-20_0-21-16.jpeg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @shelley262 and @Rachox,

Actually, dripping has never been a problem. Sour cream isn't very different from tomato sauce, which is quite liquid too. Just make sure, you don't put too much sour cream, just a thin layer.

Attached is a picture of a traditional tarte flambe to give you an idea.

View attachment 26202

Thanks for that, I’ll give it a try, never heard of tarte flambé, but I used to love a Pizza Express pizza that had a white sauce with chicken and red onion, I want to try to replicate that using fathead dough

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all. Again late posting today.

Breakfast: One double decaffeinated espresso with cream and erythritol. Half a DD keto roll with butter.

Lunch: Nothing.

Snack: About four squares of 88% chocolate and one Adonis bar.

Dinner: A tablespoon of guacamole, some green asparagus fried in butter and olive oil, about 100g of T-bone steak cut in strips and fried, some leftover roasted vegetables, sauce Bearnaise. A glass of red wine.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for that, I’ll give it a try, never heard of tarte flambé, but I used to love a Pizza Express pizza that had a white sauce with chicken and red onion, I want to try to replicate that using fathead dough

Agree, @Rachox. For us low-carbers, the regular crust is definitely out. I am sure the fathead dough will be great. Let me know how it turns out.

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
B- herring in lemon & cracker pepper sauce
L- Denver on 1/2 LC roll (fried egg w/ham, peppers & green onion)
Snack- 1/2 portion cauli cheese bacon bake
D- fathead pizza, glass of red wine

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Woke early today and had a large mug of filter coffee and cream.
More coffee and cream with breakfast - the infamous coconut porridge.

Started getting somach cramps and diarrhoea before breakfast, somehow thought the porridge and cream would soothe my poor tum. It didn’t.

Just had peppermint tea all day and will stick to this for the rest of the day. I think coffee is causing the trouble. I was trying to cut down as I’d had stomach ache before, but actually I’ve been slowly increasing the amount I drink- I love it!

My main concern at the mo is that it won’t have got better by tomorrow - I’m having the last of my birthday celebrations, a hot air balloon flight over the Chilterns. Can you imagine being in a wicker basket 100s of feet above ground with diarrhoea? Crumbs!