What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wouldn't you want one of these to go with your posh bath? https://www.amazon.co.uk/SousVideTo...838722&sr=1-47&keywords=vacuum+sealer+chamber

I'm probably more likely to go down the sealing chamber before swapping up to a prema-bath.
I was going to go for a food saver one.. I think it comes as a deal with a sous vide supreme.. but realise that my ziploc bags won't work so well with a full immersion bath although they haven;t let me down yet.. what happened to your stick my Anova has been pretty good so far just had to de calcify it a coupl eof times overnighting in vinegar.. v. hard water on the south coast.

Reactions: ianpspurs

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was going to go for a food saver one.. I think it comes as a deal with a sous vide supreme.. but realise that my ziploc bags won't work so well with a full immersion bath although they haven;t let me down yet.. what happened to your stick my Anova has been pretty good so far just had to de calcify it a coupl eof times overnighting in vinegar.. v. hard water on the south coast.

My magic wand is fine and works well. I have a couple of containers I use, depending on the bulk of whatever is going in there. Both have lids that either have or can be cut to accommodate the circulator going through.

As you know I have used a vacuum sealer since the beginning, and it's really useful for all sorts of "stuff", including being able to seal up herbs and spices opened, but not fully used.

On a particularly busy week, I did actually package up "lobbing ins" for something I was cooking on a day when I knew I'd be irritated by measuring, weighing and chopping, so I did a tiny package of the seasonings and a further package of the chopped onion etc. On the day, I just liberated everything, plus the mean, into the Instant Pot, pressed the button and got on with my day.

In this hacienda, the vacuum sealer has been one of those things I never realised I'd use so much.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Waitrose sell some but I don't think they are as good as the ones from France in A jar that my sis always get us to buy when ever we go over..

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/unearthed-pork-rillettes/682759-97000-97001
Yes, I have only seen this in selected Waitrose branches e.g. Cambridge itself. I have never tried it yet as I too think it will not live up to the ones from French supermarket deli counters - bit like wines from lesser known regions not working outside of their own terroir.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My magic wand is fine and works well. I have a couple of containers I use, depending on the bulk of whatever is going in there. Both have lids that either have or can be cut to accommodate the circulator going through.

As you know I have used a vacuum sealer since the beginning, and it's really useful for all sorts of "stuff", including being able to seal up herbs and spices opened, but not fully used.

On a particularly busy week, I did actually package up "lobbing ins" for something I was cooking on a day when I knew I'd be irritated by measuring, weighing and chopping, so I did a tiny package of the seasonings and a further package of the chopped onion etc. On the day, I just liberated everything, plus the mean, into the Instant Pot, pressed the button and got on with my day.

In this hacienda, the vacuum sealer has been one of those things I never realised I'd use so much.
duh just re read your post and realised you were talking about immersion blender and not sous vide...sorry.. too early in the morning and pre first coffee!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
duh just re read your post and realised you were talking about immersion blender and not sous vide...sorry.. too early in the morning and pre first coffee!

Just as well I have almost the full compendium of kitchenalia toys (dehydrator/biltong maker pending).

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening all. A very nice, warm, day today in the fens - as featured on Who do you think you are? last night. Currently baking the flaxseed bread @Mbaker linked in the booklet so food list may be added to later. Mixed day as we built the rowing machine and I managed to do my washing and dry it outside;) Meter seems to have had a meltdown after lunch but such is life. Menu so far below:
Pre Breakfast: 2 pints tea then 50 mins walk
Breakfast: 2 pints tea with h/m almond milk; 2 poached eggs and 2 slices of protein brot toast; 30 mins exercise bike
Mid morning snack: None
Lunch: Avocado and chicken thighs (2) salad; lots of chia seeds for topping; 2 pints tea
Afternoon snack: Water
Evening meal : H/M High fibre chocky bar and Halo Top jobby (needs using up as taking up freezer space) : Tea

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today was
Prawn and 1000island for lunch, 35g pork scratchings at 4pm, and a slab of lamb mince at 7.30.

I shall be having ‘prawn cocktail’ like this more often, because it is delicious. Thank you 70s!
But i shall be making my own mayo, I think.
I mean, it is blindingly easy!
https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-thousand-island-dressing

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all
B: scrambled eggs on 1/2 slice fried 90 sec bread. Coffee and cream

L: Met youngest daughter in Newquay for lunch, sun came out which would have been lovely if I hadn’t been wearing a jumper.
Fresh grilled hake with salad instead of chips but it was covered in a very sweet balsamic dressing, my fault for not thinking to ask for it without a dressing. Then a West country cheeseboard which was great, came with walnuts as well as a few oatcakes and chutney and a sliced pear - I couldn’t resist a sliver. I forgot my glucometer so couldn’t see what the effect of this and the salad dressing was - maybe just as well.

D: will be more fish ( forgot I’d got fish for this evening) with almond flour/ parmesan/ sesame coating - all I have to hand so hope its ok. Few celeriac chips.

My daughter has just phoned to say the local Sainsburys at home is discontinuing celeriac! M&S doesn’t sell it and nor does the little Tesco nearby. This is terrible news!

Reactions: maglil55 and Pipp

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Feeling like a total amateur among all of you with snazzy gadgets! A more restrained eating day today.

Lunch - treated myself to a kebab for the first time in ages. Small doner (no bread) with salad. Didn’t finish it all.

Dinner - a version of @maglil55 s fish and chips. Used a piece of cod and coated it in the pork crackling/Parmesan mix as I had some made up in the fridge. Chips were the zucchini fries wrapped in bacon. Dessert a small portion of lazy dessert of extra thick Jersey cream mixed with almond butter and 1 Hotel Chocolat 100% button.

Attachments

• ECC64F85-FFB8-4151-849C-7807E76B4E0F.jpeg
    ECC64F85-FFB8-4151-849C-7807E76B4E0F.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 291

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Feeling like a total amateur among all of you with snazzy gadgets! A more restrained eating day today.

Lunch - treated myself to a kebab for the first time in ages. Small doner (no bread) with salad. Didn’t finish it all.

Dinner - a version of @maglil55 s fish and chips. Used a piece of cod and coated it in the pork crackling/Parmesan mix as I had some made up in the fridge. Chips were the zucchini fries wrapped in bacon. Dessert a small portion of lazy dessert of extra thick Jersey cream mixed with almond butter and 1 Hotel Chocolat 100% button.

I like the fact you have it on a fishy plate too.

Reactions: maglil55

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Monday:
B: Greek yogurt and raspberries
L: bacon egg mushroom, sausage decaff black coffee
D: left over cold roast pork buttered cabbage. Tonic water (sugar free) Strawberries and cream.

Tuesday:
No breakfast
L: 2 babybel cheeses, green olives with lemon, Flatbread, walnuts.
D: salmon fillet, salad,

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My daughter has just phoned to say the local Sainsburys at home is discontinuing celeriac! M&S doesn’t sell it and nor does the little Tesco nearby. This is terrible news!
Better not tell you Waitrose has plenty and mine are growing nicely:angelic:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
cholesterol results are in anyone interested see:

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/my-cholesterol-story.155567/

Breakfast Bacon and egg
Lunch cheese and four seeded crispbreads
Dinner bacon, cheese and mushroom omlette and salad followed by raspbery clafoutis and yoghurt with a dash of cream

Final draft of recipe booklet out for final comments - nearly there now, phew!

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all, late posting as we popped in for a farewell gathering for one of our neighbours who is leaving tomorrow.
Not sure what’s going on today, been very low carb but all my readings have been in the 6’s!!!
B coffee with cream and 2 mini loaf sized baked eggs with a dash of cream with ham, tomato and cheese
L lettuce, tomatoe, cucumber, cheese and salmon flakes
Half a PhD bar with coffee when I got home
D lo dough quiche filled with hot dog sausage, onion, tomato and cheese, small slice zucchini cake and cream 2 glasses of red wine
Hopefully tomorrow will see better numbers ;)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: cold roast chicken with cauliflower, broccoli and orange tomato salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon at Neros: cappuccino and phd bar
Dinner: cauliflower and broccoli cheese with a small portion of peas and sweetcorn followed by orange chia pudding with cream and LC chocolate granola
I have used saucepans, a wooden spoon, a sharp knife, a stick blender and a Pyrex casserole dish! :joyful::hilarious:
I’m with @Goonergal simple kitchen equipment in my house!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all, late posting as we popped in for a farewell gathering for one of our neighbours who is leaving tomorrow.
Not sure what’s going on today, been very low carb but all my readings have been in the 6’s!!!
B coffee with cream and 2 mini loaf sized baked eggs with a dash of cream with ham, tomato and cheese
D lo dough quiche filled with hot dog sausage, onion, tomato and cheese, small slice zucchini cake and cream 2 glasses of red wine
Didn't you say this week would be busy at work?Stress will impact bg numbers it will all come out in the wash.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sometimes there is just no rhyme or reason. Or justice, either.