What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

suehatton

Hi all th@nk you for your hugs. Got back late yesterday mum improving but willl need to go back up mid week next week for consultant appt or earlier if family worried about her. Done lots of jobs and cooking for her so hoping should be ok - she’s a very independent 87 year old with diabetes and poor kidney function so it’s a delicate balance - wish she wasn’t 120 miles away makes it more complex.
Eating while away very erratic lots of nuts and coffee with cream to keep me going but few proper meals and two glasses of red wine late yesterday - broke my no drinking in week rule but was exhausted and I slept like a log. Anyway every cloud ...... I’ve lost a pound this week. No doubt will regain when eat normally again!
Glad things are improving for Mum. You must be exhausted x

Sent from my SM-A310F using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: ziggy_w

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad things are improving for Mum. You must be exhausted x

Thank you Sue. Caring is difficult but we all do it....think it’s the distance that’s the biggest issue and with caring responsibilities here at home too I’m very torn where to be when crises happen. Giv3n mums age and poor kidney function though need to plan for future dashes in addition to my regular planned 3/4 week visits.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
12pm several spoonfuls of egg mayo
4pm Pizzahut salad (chose options to minimise carbs) and then a small GF meat feast pizza.

We went because Mr B was DESPERATE for a pizza and I didn't want to cook one.
Interesting experience, because these were the first veg (in the salad) that I have had for weeks, and they were really uninteresting and I could happily have left them.
Then the pizza arrived, and I cut it into 6 pieces, ate 2, felt stuffed and unimpressed and ate the toppings off the last 4 pieces, leaving the base. At a wild guess, maybe 40g carbs the whole meal? Dunno. The GF base is v thin.

Came home and have no desire to ever eat pizza again. I know the carb cravings will have me by the throat tomorrow, but I don't mind. They shouldn't be a problem. I will just go back to carnivory, and be happy about it.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sausage and egg at 9 but nothing since snd I am ravenous. We are away for the weekend and Im trying to stay good. Husbo is just getting me some nuts to tide me over

Enjoy your weekend away good idea to have the nuts - when you are starving it’s harder to stick to lCHF especially when out and about. Hope you have a fun weekend

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good to be home and able to plan and be in charge of my food again!
Breakfast flat white coffee and inulin
Lunch prawn and advocado salad with a few seeds mixed in salad
Dinner chilli con carne made with olives instead of beans with one slice of Hilo bread made into garlic bread
Glass of red wine breathing at the moment! Don’t know if it makes a difference but had heard better not to drink with food so waiting till later!
Mum is still improving and her younger sister has been keeping her company today which takes guilt away a bit about coming home! Good news too that despite the stress and erratic diet over last few days bgs in low fours - 4.1 before dinner didn’t test though while away!

Reactions: Brunneria

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Good to be home and able to plan and be in charge of my food again!
Breakfast flat white coffee and inulin
Lunch prawn and advocado salad with a few seeds mixed in salad
Dinner chilli con carne made with olives instead of beans with one slice of Hilo bread made into garlic bread
Glass of red wine breathing at the moment! Don’t know if it makes a difference but had heard better not to drink with food so waiting till later!
Mum is still improving and her younger sister has been keeping her company today which takes guilt away a bit about coming home! Good news too that despite the stress and erratic diet over last few days bgs in low fours - 4.1 before dinner didn’t test though while away!
Really, really well done on keeping the BG low. It's difficult when you're away from home. I also found the long train journeys particularly difficult to manage my BG

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

Very pleased that it’s Friday.

Breakfast - none

Lunch - on the run. Pack of pork crunch, 4 squares Lindt 90%

Dinner - fathead pizza with pepperoni topping.

suehatton

Managed chicken in various forms at a Hungry Horse. Swapped chips for salad, no dessert but shared a bottle of wine. Good tho that I can go about 9 hours with no food and not go mad. Who'd a thought it!!!

Reactions: Goonergal

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

Breakfast - none

Sounds like me ready to have a catch up weekend. Are you 23/1 fasting again this weekend or sticking to 18/6? I’m planning on baking a low carb lemon cake that I’ve found recipe for will let you know how it works out! Love baking. Have a good weekend

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 2 boiled eggs, 1 oatcake with peanut butter - find boiled eggs way more filling than when I have them scrambled - not sure why!
L; houmous and carrot sticks
D: fried grated courgettes with garlic and a little bit of hard goat cheese, 2 squares 85% dark chocolate
Snack - cashew nuts

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like me ready to have a catch up weekend. Are you 23/1 fasting again this weekend or sticking to 18/6? I’m planning on baking a low carb lemon cake that I’ve found recipe for will let you know how it works out! Love baking. Have a good weekend

Planning on fasting 23/1. Seems to work well for me at the weekend and I lost weight even with a couple of higher calorie days in the week and only one gym visit. Lemon cake sounds good - do let me know how it turns out.

You have a good weekend too.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Planning on fasting 23/1. Seems to work well for me at the weekend and I lost weight even with a couple of higher calorie days in the week and only one gym visit. Lemon cake sounds good - do let me know how it turns out.

You have a good weekend too.
Good luck on your 23/1

suehatton

B: 2 boiled eggs, 1 oatcake with peanut butter - find boiled eggs way more filling than when I have them scrambled - not sure why!
L; houmous and carrot sticks
D: fried grated courgettes with garlic and a little bit of hard goat cheese, 2 squares 85% dark chocolate
Snack - cashew nuts
The grated courgette....like a sort if rosti?

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Hi all

Breakfast - none

Wow, I'd keel over, that's not enough even for a little mouse like me. Impressive weight loss you've achieved I have to say