What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
First 'away' hurdle successfully compleeted. Hotel breakfast is my favourite thing about being away so I usually go for it with the toast and jam and muffins etc but I stuck to bacon sausage and egg, no toast followed by a walk. Husbo us hovering over some cake but I'm going to steer him away from the dark side

Sent from my SM-A310F using DCUK Forum mobile app
Wow amazing achievement I also associated treats away with carbs rewards which m@kes it a battle. Even harder when you are not seeing results on scales yet to encourage you but I’m sure that if you stick with it the scales will shift. Have you taken waist and hip measurements as have noticed a fair few people on the forum who don’t lose on the scales sometimes start by losing inches or cms on their middles so maybe keep an eye on this instead?
Husbands and cake habits and toast habits are very difficult to deal with I tend to stay away when he’s indulging! Mine likes cake and or fruit mid morning and mid afternoon plus toast after his breakfast and of course he is almost underweight!

Reactions: ziggy_w

suehatton

Wow amazing achievement I also associated treats away with carbs rewards which m@kes it a battle. Even harder when you are not seeing results on scales yet to encourage you but I’m sure that if you stick with it the scales will shift. Have you taken waist and hip measurements as have noticed a fair few people on the forum who don’t lose on the scales sometimes start by losing inches or cms on their middles so maybe keep an eye on this instead?
Husbands and cake habits and toast habits are very difficult to deal with I tend to stay away when he’s indulging! Mine likes cake and or fruit mid morning and mid afternoon plus toast after his breakfast and of course he is almost underweight!
Mine too although he's not coping as well as he did before he turned 40 (a lot younger than me) and it has just started to show in the belly this year. We are on the wine again already which hopefully won't weaken my resolve

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All,

I love this thread, and I love that people feel comfortable chatting and sharing weightloss tips and family news.

But it was really set up as a what did you eat today thread for people to help and inspire each other to eat low carb. It would be a pity to lose that by turning it into a general chat thread.

Please still swap news and exchange ideas and recipes, just bear in mind that the thread is primarily so that we can inspire each other on low carb food choices and diary our our own eating.
Thank you for reminder @Brunneria will bear it in mind. I do also know from reading other threads that it can be offputting for others if lots of unrelated conversation going on so will try and refocus on the food diary bits

Reactions: maglil55

suehatton

Hi All,

I love this thread, and I love that people feel comfortable chatting and sharing weightloss tips and family news.

But it was really set up as a what did you eat today thread for people to help and inspire each other to eat low carb. It would be a pity to lose that by turning it into a general chat thread.

Please still swap news and exchange ideas and recipes, just bear in mind that the thread is primarily so that we can inspire each other on low carb food choices and diary our our own eating.
Thanks, I take it this was aimed my way so I'll find another outlet for my family news and keep it strictly to the list of foods eaten that day
Shelly feel free to add me on Facebook my profile is a pic of Florence from Magic Roundabout if you are old enough to know that xx

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Lunch today was bizarre but tasty and is worth a go. SPROUTS & CHORIZO.
Buy some sprouts, pick the smallest you can, peel and half. Fry thickish slices of chorizo (1cm) gently in a big fry pan with a dribblette of olive oil til they release some of their unctuousness. Chuck in the sprouts and give them a good toss around. Cover with a lid, cook very gently, I reckon about 10-15mins depending how you like your sprouts, give them a shake from time to time. Little pinch of salt and eat.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you check the waist to hips ratio formula as that can give you a really good indicator of visceral fat or so I’m told !. I did it and it was 0.8 for me which is really good supposed to be more reliable than bmi I suppose we’ve all got different frames etc and this takes it into account.

Hi. I did, don’t remember the exact number but it was slightly out of range. Will check again.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
B'day. 2 vegetarian hotdog sausages, 2 slices of grilled halloumi, heap of wilted spinach. 1 cup black tea, 2 cups black coffee.
Lunch. Slice of baked squash and broccoli tortilla. Water
Snack. Salted cashews, black tea.
Dinner. Red lentil pasta with homemade arrabiata sauce. Salad .made from spinach, red apple, feta and toasted pecans.
Am being careful after a day of carb creep yesterday!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Planned 23/1 fast didn’t materialise. Dropped to 3.7 by noon and was still there at 3.30 when I got home and decided I really had to eat.

Mid-afternoon snack - bag of pork crunch, 1 square Willies Pure Gold 100% chocolate (still on offer in Waitrose)

Dinner - Waitrose lamb kleftico with a side of cauliflower cheese, followed by Oppo chocolate and hazelnut ice cream and double cream. Yum.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Breakfast flat white and inulin
Lunch mushroom omelette
Mid afternoon slice of low carb lemon coconut cake couldn’t resist!
Dinner chicken curry and one slice of Hilo bread fried in butter
Gin and soda
Planning some 100% choc with coffee later

dwnunder

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Big mouths
Dear Brun,

I think we are partly inspired by the chat. And even discussion about how we end up getting tempted is helpful. For example, a recent post had someone succumbing to a lemon treat midday. It's kind of a reminder to stay the course those hours and let the bod adjust downwards from the previous meal. But if I would get on with folks about, it would be for those people who post that they had a substitute for a high carb something and didn't either post or link to the recipe.
Oops lets focus lol

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dear Brun,

I think we are partly inspired by the chat. And even discussion about how we end up getting tempted is helpful. For example, a recent post had someone succumbing to a lemon treat midday. It's kind of a reminder to stay the course those hours and let the bod adjust downwards from the previous meal. But if I would get on with folks about, it would be for those people who post that they had a substitute for a high carb something and didn't either post or link to the recipe.

That is why I specifically encouraged people to continue chatting, while bearing in mind that this thread is primarily for what we ate.

The last several pages have been far more chat than food.

It is simply a question of balance.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday
9.30am a Burgerking breakfast. This was a sudden whim inspired by Mr B saying ‘we are on hol, let’s go anywhere. I left the muffin thing and just ate the burger, cheese and egg. There was something v odd about the egg.
6pm sliced beef with a tablespoon of tomato onion and garlic sauce.

Also more choc than usual, to ease out the carb cravings from yesterday.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Yesterday's food was vert strange
Lunch: sprouts and chorizo
Supper: 4 slices ham, chunk cheese, cornichon and a boiled egg
1 square 90% choc
then had to have 3 gingers nuts to get BG up a bit before bed, it was 4.4.

Key_master_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yesterday I ate

B= 3 egg omelette with cheese and smoked ham

L= Lidl protein roll, pastrami, peppered salami, smoked ham and cheese

D= chicken breast, big pig in blanket, 200g broccoli and 50g green beans and smidge of gravy and some watered down mint sauce with apple cider vinegar. Luxury sugar free jelly for afters. (Luxury part is double cream) so nice :)

Reactions: ziggy_w

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol. Some scrambled egg with fennel and mushrooms. Steak strips with melted cheese.

Lunch: Nothing.

Dinner: (We ate out at a French tapas place) Olives in lemon oil (yummy), snails in herb-cream sauce (also yummy), two small lamb chops in garlic-herb olive oil, monk fish cheeks with julienned carrots and celeriac, a small plate of assorted cheeses. One and half glasses of Merlot.

@shelley262 -- keeping my fingers crossed that your mother feel well soon and that surgery won't be necessary.
@Goonergal -- I also notice that I don't lose fat as quickly from the stomach as I would like, but figure most of it is subcutaneous rather than visceral. Why do you believe your's is visceral? Given your fasting regime, I would think that you would have little visceral fat left.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol. Some scrambled egg with fennel and mushrooms. Steak strips with melted cheese.

Lunch: Nothing.

Dinner: (We ate out at a French tapas place) Olives in lemon oil (yummy), snails in herb-cream sauce (also yummy), two small lamb chops in garlic-herb olive oil, monk fish cheeks with julienned carrots and celeriac, a small plate of assorted cheeses. One and half glasses of Merlot.

@shelley262 -- keeping my fingers crossed that your mother feel well soon and that surgery won't be necessary.
@Goonergal -- I also notice that I don't lose fat as quickly from the stomach as I would like, but figure most of it is subcutaneous rather than visceral. Why do you believe your's is visceral? Given your fasting regime, I would think that you would have little visceral fat left.
THank you Ziggy will see what week brings!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all
Breakfast no food - as usual coffee with inulin mixed in, always works filling me up till lunch
Lunch prawn and advocado salad with a few seeds followed by coffee and a bit of of one of my Xmas pressie choc stash! - hotel chocolate’s 100% rare and vintage bars - this one is Ghanaian cocoa
Dinner roast belly pork with sides of cauliflower cheese and braised celery hearts followed by thin slice of my low carb lemon coconut cake with cream and a few raspberries
Planning glass of red wine later.

Reactions: suehatton

Key_master_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Evening all :)

B= 3 egg cheese omelette

L= lidl protein roll with pastrami, peppered salami, smoked ham and cheese

D= 3 95% meat sausages, 2 pieces of bacon, 2 boiled eggs, butter fried mushrooms with garlic and a Scandinavian gram cracker. Luxury sugar free jelly for pudding (luxury part is double cream)