What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone, so far so good and making some good choices food wise. Yesterday my readings were a little higher than normal but not drastic, I put it down to travel and although I didn’t feel stressed or worried I guess travelling all day does have an effect.
Today breakfast was amazing very LFHC friendly, lunch was mainly salad although I did succumb to some very small portions of dessert, this evening was a Chinese inspired menu so wasn’t so clued up on what to pick but think I did OK, a little over 2 hrs after eating and 2 rum and coke zeros later 5.8

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A good clear out is very therapeutic.

Somewhat amazingly I’ve had my two lowest readings of the day post-dinner/pre-Pilates and post-Pilates. Suspect it will be a different story in the morning.
Got to agree on the clear out. I bought a book a while back - 30 days to a clean and tidy house by Katie Berry (Not Mary!). It's American so they had rooms we don't but have to say it brought a sense of order. I defy anyone to do it in 30 days - you wouldn't do anything else but following her format does actually keep things tidy. Took me about 6 months in total (I have a life) but you get used to the order and my 'junk' drawers have never returned.
DIL got it too as it had lists especially for husbands and children. My husband does help but needs to be told what to do - handing over a tick list is easier.

Reactions: Goonergal and DJC3

Mick_b

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This my evening meal roast carrots broccoli shallots and 2 tomatoes in sunflower oil
With 2 fillet of sea bass cooked in tinfoil parcels!!
Lovely jubbly
IMG_0722.jpg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got to agree on the clear out. I bought a book a while back - 30 days to a clean and tidy house by Katie Berry (Not Mary!). It's American so they had rooms we don't but have to say it brought a sense of order. I defy anyone to do it in 30 days - you wouldn't do anything else but following her format does actually keep things tidy. Took me about 6 months in total (I have a life) but you get used to the order and my 'junk' drawers have never returned.
DIL got it too as it had lists especially for husbands and children. My husband does help but needs to be told what to do - handing over a tick list is easier.

A well meaning friend bought me the Spark Joy book, sounds similar.
Thing is I haven’t read it yet as I don’t know what I’ve done with it!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A well meaning friend bought me the Spark Joy book, sounds similar.
Thing is I haven’t read it yet as I don’t know what I’ve done with it!
That's the Marie Kondo one. I have to confess to using her method to fold clothes but I never did get the spark joy bit. Certain items of food would spark joy but can you imagine holding up a jacket and asking does it spark joy in you? If it doesn't it has to go. I don't have the book but her folding methods are on you tube.

Reactions: DJC3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I’ve been clearing out for years. Only have a very small flat but amazing what can accumulate over 20 years. Desperately trying to clear a large shelving unit to make way for more comfy sofa. Slowly but surely.

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Side effects from medication
so far a few bites of canned corn beef

the rest of the can of corn beef
1 box diet jello frozen --its like a diet ice water treat
soon to have a ruinous high high high carb meal (with the 100% carb
eating family)
(which means rapid insulin and the subsequent hypo)
:arghh:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
the rest of the can of corn beef
1 box diet jello frozen --its like a diet ice water treat
soon to have a ruinous high high high carb meal (with the 100% carb
eating family)
(which means rapid insulin and the subsequent hypo)
:arghh:

Oh dear! Hope you manage ok, social and family situations can be very difficult can’t they?

Reactions: cdpm

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream (2 tsp) washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: cold roast chicken, cauli and brocolli salad with Caesar sauce followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries
Mid-afternoon: orange chia pudding and a black coffee.
Dinner: chicken chasseur with a spoonful of butternut squash mash and mixed veggies followed by strawberries and Oppo ice cream and 10g of Lindt Easter egg.

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Side effects from medication
Oh dear! Hope you manage ok, social and family situations can be very difficult can’t they?

yes and it didnt go well
but maybe better next time

vanillapie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all!

Went out tonight so had the same for lunch and dinner as needed something quick and on the go - low carb bagel with chicken and bacon mayo and spinach.

My Adonis brownie delivery arrived today and I am already in love with the blondies!! Can't wait to try the brownie tomorrow.

I also had a cold brew coffee from Starbucks with almond milk. So glad they have it available storewide now.

I also tried Tetley's cookies and cream tea today - not bad at all. I had it black but I think with some cream it will be really delicious!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do you do your ribs in the IP, maglil? That has revolutionised how often ribs feature in this hacienda. :)
Sometimes I do but they always go to the oven as I like the outside to be more "crunchy"? If you get what I mean. I do love my IP though. Today's offering is Bolognese that is IP made as I have both Grandsons to feed tonight. They'll have fuisilli I'll have Oomi noodles with mine.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've only done homemade ribs since the IP acquisition, so I can't compare with before. But I can definitely say that my ribs are now better than any restaurant ribs. Hands down. And I oven pork ribs, but not beef. :)

Oh, and those Tescos buffalo cauli bits look just up Mr B's street! They have even used butter!!!! :woot:

Yesterday:
1pm the last of the cheesy mince
4pm 4 squares of G&B 70%
7pm egg mayo and salami crisps. I think I am addicted.

Also did a Tescos order online for delivery today. Am trying not to remember how much salami was ordered! haha!
Also ordered a lone tin of SPAM.
I have a curiosity to see what happens when I replace corned beef with SPAM in a cheesy eggy corned beef thing. It will either be a disaster, or a triumph. Will let you all know.

Have you seen the SPAM website? The recipes are hysterically funny. http://www.spam-uk.com/
SPAM chips anyone?
http://www.spam-uk.com/img/recipe/SPAM-Fries.jpg

The funniest thing is that SPAM hits the keto macros almost perfectly. 80% energy as fat, 15% as protein and 5% as carbs.
But I can't actually remember if it tastes nice, since I haven't tasted it since I was about 8 years old...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not a recipe but I as I always advised students to ask even the dumbest question, what is an IP please other than an internet protocol?

Reactions: maglil55

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sometimes I do but they always go to the oven as I like the outside to be more "crunchy"? If you get what I mean. I do love my IP though. Today's offering is Bolognese that is IP made as I have both Grandsons to feed tonight. They'll have fuisilli I'll have Oomi noodles with mine.
I've only done homemade ribs since the IP acquisition, so I can't compare with before. But I can definitely say that my ribs are now better than any restaurant ribs. Hands down. And I oven pork ribs, but not beef. :)

Oh, and those Tescos buffalo cauli bits look just up Mr B's street! They have even used butter!!!! :woot:

Yesterday:
1pm the last of the cheesy mince
4pm 4 squares of G&B 70%
7pm egg mayo and salami crisps. I think I am addicted.

Also did a Tescos order online for delivery today. Am trying not to remember how much salami was ordered! haha!
Also ordered a lone tin of SPAM.
I have a curiosity to see what happens when I replace corned beef with SPAM in a cheesy eggy corned beef thing. It will either be a disaster, or a triumph. Will let you all know.

Have you seen the SPAM website? The recipes are hysterically funny. http://www.spam-uk.com/
SPAM chips anyone?
http://www.spam-uk.com/img/recipe/SPAM-Fries.jpg

The funniest thing is that SPAM hits the keto macros almost perfectly. 80% energy as fat, 15% as protein and 5% as carbs.
But I can't actually remember if it tastes nice, since I haven't tasted it since I was about 8 years old...

I always finish my pork or baby back ribs either in the overm or on the BBQ. As we have a fast gas BBQ outside, it can just be fired up for a short while, for the "proper" BBQ look.

I don't oven finish the flat rib either.

Reactions: maglil55

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the IP link. The canning function looks very useful and way better on the H and S front than cauldrons of boiling water and tongs

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the IP link. The canning function looks very useful and way better on the H and S front than cauldrons of boiling water and tongs

I didn't think it was recommended for canning, but I'm happy to stand corrected. It is great for many other things though.