What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all.

Posting early today having felt the need for a very early lunch break and already consumed my main meal. Rotisserie poussin in the air fryer. Used a chili oil, garlic and salt rub overnight and added some paprika just before cooking. Very good too.

Dinner will likely be either a mince based concoction or rollitos.

@Annb @Chook @DJC3 those boxes seem to be going to a lot of people who don’t need them - one of my sisters and a friend are in the same position. On a local news board there are reports of the parcels being delivered to the wrong people too.

View attachment 41285

That poussin looks wonderful. Our butcher doesn't do poussin unfortunately but I have ordered a small chicken for Friday. I'll use your rub for that. I'm sure it will be pretty good even witha bigger bird.

Reactions: maglil55 and Chook

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That poussin looks wonderful. Our butcher doesn't do poussin unfortunately but I have ordered a small chicken for Friday. I'll use your rub for that. I'm sure it will be pretty good even witha bigger bird.

Our Tesco, ASDA and Sainbury's do them, as part of their Gressingham (more usually duck) range. I'm not at all so familiar with Morrison's, but bearing in mind the others stock them, they might.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
@Annb

Excellent suggestion about donating the unwanted food box goodies to a food bank, I'll pass that on. :),

Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thought I’d post early as I often forget until late.
No breakfast
Late lunch of 2 scrambled eggs, smoked salmon and avocado. DGC blueberry and lemon drizzle cake&cream.
Dinner will be Carne Guisada in the IP already ( one of Urvashi Pitre’s recipe from her Keto IP book) prob with broccoli or cauli rice, might be persuaded to have a lc custard afterwards.
@Goonergal your poussin looks wonderful. I didn’t ever manage to get to Lidl for one of those posh airfryers. I’m relieved and disappointed in equal measure. It’s such a waste about those food boxes isn’t it? A good idea implemented badly it seems.
@Chook I’m glad you had a better sleep, nothing more annoying than a rogue alarm, makes you want to kill someone!
@maglil55 I do hope your cold really is a short lived thing, just when you were starting to feel better too.
Fingers crossed for the bg coming down soon @PenguinMum it’s so frustrating when there doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason for it. It must be anxiety and or sleep related do you think? I can’t fast either, apart from breakfast ( and only if I have copious quantities of coffee.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thought I’d post early as I often forget until late.
No breakfast
Late lunch of 2 scrambled eggs, smoked salmon and avocado. DGC blueberry and lemon drizzle cake&cream.
Dinner will be Carne Guisada in the IP already ( one of Urvashi Pitre’s recipe from her Keto IP book) prob with broccoli or cauli rice, might be persuaded to have a lc custard afterwards.
@Goonergal your poussin looks wonderful. I didn’t ever manage to get to Lidl for one of those posh airfryers. I’m relieved and disappointed in equal measure. It’s such a waste about those food boxes isn’t it? A good idea implemented badly it seems.
@Chook I’m glad you had a better sleep, nothing more annoying than a rogue alarm, makes you want to kill someone!
@maglil55 I do hope your cold really is a short lived thing, just when you were starting to feel better too.
Fingers crossed for the bg coming down soon @PenguinMum it’s so frustrating when there doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason for it. It must be anxiety and or sleep related do you think? I can’t fast either, apart from breakfast ( and only if I have copious quantities of coffee.

Had to look up Carne Guisada - never heard of it before, but the description online sounds delicious.

Reactions: DJC3

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Our Tesco, ASDA and Sainbury's do them, as part of their Gressingham (more usually duck) range. I'm not at all so familiar with Morrison's, but bearing in mind the others stock them, they might.

I've only heard of our Tesco doing poussin once and I've never seen them there. Probably had them in as a trial - No 2 son ended up buying one from the almost-out-of-date section. Obviously they didn't sell too well.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had to look up Carne Guisada - never heard of it before, but the description online sounds delicious.

It is really good, and so little effort in the IP which appeals to my lazy nature.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ann - If you look up Twosleevers.com, and have a look at her recipe index, there is some fab stuff on there.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to the thread @Sharonp89

Since my earlier post, this has turned into a very hungry day.

Had some whipped creamy cheese post lunch and then dinner of minced beef fried with 2 eggs, a small amount of onion and some grated cheese. Was still hungry so more whipped creamy cheese and a chunk of vintage cheddar.

Sharonp89

Welcome to the thread @Sharonp89

Since my earlier post, this has turned into a very hungry day.

Had some whipped creamy cheese post lunch and then dinner of minced beef fried with 2 eggs, a small amount of onion and some grated cheese. Was still hungry so more whipped creamy cheese and a chunk of vintage cheddar.
Whipped creamy cheese sounds lovely, something I might want to try too

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:nailbiting: The garden centres are open :nailbiting:
This is a far bigger risk to my social isolation than nearly anything else could be.

B: bovril and lc hot choc
L: last night’s supper was so delicious that I had it again for lunch. Keema mince, dahl, greek yog and brinjal pickle
D: a bit more mince ;)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast two boiled eggs and half a slice of toasted lc livlife bread
Lunch bits of cheese and celery
Dinner pork chop, cheese stuffed oven baked mushrooms and a few bits of onion with glass dry white wine followed by hm lc lemon and lime jelly cream. ( made up two no sugar lemon and lime jellies with a pint of hot water then added lemon zest and juice with small amount of cold water and whipped with double cream - did enough for us for four days so will be my pud for next three days!)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
13-05-2020
Breakfast: didn't have time to make grain free nut granola yesterday, so I had mushroom omelette and ofc 2x CWC.
Messed about with plants in pots out the front while waiting for man to come and assess the drive. Thought about making biscuits, but only had self raising flour, maybe cake? No. There would be some left and I would eat it. Impossible not to.
He didn't come. Cake crisis averted. Had CWC.
More scraping mud off the barn floor. Promised myself I would do certain amount. For each barrowload shifted was a small gardening job as reward. Mostly planting seeds. Replanting really, am assuming the flood washed them away.
Lunch: ham salad and coleslaw. Water
Got some frozen raspberries out to defrost for tonight, but they were gone in a hour.
Tea
Dinner: shoulder pork chop, brocolli rice, carrot and beans. Not French beans or runner beans, don't know what to call them.
French name is Haricot Plat. Not particularly flavoursome, am sure we had beans that looked similar and were delicious in UK. Bought these Haricot Plat twice now this year and been disappointed both times. Water and wine to drink.
Another windy day playing havoc with my plants and more significantly the Apple trees. Local farmers are likely to have a tough year, with crops washed out of the fields and the burgeoning apples ripped from the trees. Apples are a major cash crop here.
In spite of this the farmer who used to live in this house found time to come and help me unblock the gateway.
Made nut granola, smelt so good when I wasputting it into container, had to have some

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and white chocolate phd bar.
Late Lunch: 2 x Babybels followed by LC chocolate brownie, coffee chia pudding and LC chocolate granola.
Dinner: courgetti bolognese with grated mature cheddar followed by SF jelly, cream and LC vanilla and raspberry granola.

Oh and today I finally circumbed to placing an order with Deliciously Guilt Free - millionaires shortbread, chocolate and orange brownies and blueberry and lemon drizzle cake :hungry:

0F39C07D-1427-49AF-A179-D9B3B92705D8.jpeg

D

Deleted member 308541

Breakfast: Cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon, tomatoes.
Lunch: Barbequeed snags and onions, couple of beers.
Dinner: Beef curry, veggies.

Drinks: Black coffee, beer, water.

Woolies have lifted the limit on buying eggs, I can get our normal four dozen cage eggs again at a time.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Beautiful day here - I hope its the same for everyone.

Apparently THAT alarm went off again a couple of times in the night but I slept through it this time. :joyful:

Anyone seen this singing policeman on BBC / Facebook? Absolutely brilliant!!!!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-52648942

Meals

Breakfast: usual omelette with carb free syrup (no surprise there then)
Lunch: usual Actimel drink and bit of Dolce Gorgonzola (no surprise there either)
Dinner: crispy fried tofu (without cornflour this time :meh: ) with a sort of spicy Chinese themed dipping sauce and a marinated vegetables sort of side salad with a bit of kimchi.