What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

RosemaryJackson

Morning all. Had ff Greek Yoghurt for bf. Lunch will be Turkey with green veg. Tea will be probably 2 boiled eggs with buttered Ryvitas. Have to be good after monday lunch! @Goonergal, that looked absolutely delicious. Made my mouth water!

Reactions: maglil55

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Em came early. I cooked some bacon for her breakfast but she was so exhausted after last night's storm (her bedroom is in the roof space) that she fell asleep sitting at the table. So I put her into the big chair and used the bacon and had a sandwich with a single slice of Neil's magic wholemeal bread.

Later I will have a lamb leg steak (used to be called a gigot chop) with kale.

Em has been here all day and has only just gone home so I'm a bit down on fluids (too busy helping her find stuff on the internet for her school project), so I must make that up.

I recovered from the effects of the iron infusion, so all's well. Quite unpleasant though.

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
breakfast; low carb granola, a toasted slice of carbzone bread and butter
mocha
lunch; seeded flatbread cream cheese, serrano ham, salad, protein bar,
dinner; roasted chicken savoy cabbage, carrots, a tiny yorkshire (7 carbs) hm gravy. raspberries and strawberries and cream. 90% lindt

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: bacon, coffee with double cream
Lunch: yoghurt jelly and cream
Sunny (yay!) dog walk. Stopped at a cafe, had a mint tea and watched hubby eat a toasted teacake
D: an all in one roast of sausages, onion, carrot, broccoli and cauliflower. Final yoghurt jelly. 2 glasses red

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Very quick meal of broad beans (tinned) with bacon and a flattened (to make it cook quicker) burger with mayonnaise in a couple of leaves of endive.

274471502_10225144219866949_5114566375229900885_n.jpg

Next week I'll be going out for dinner with a friend for the first time in what, two and a half years?! It'll also be maybe the third or fourth time in a year I'll have something I didn't cook myself! (Christmas, and 2 or 3 days of Chinese take-away, that's it I think.)
Exciting in an odd way. :)

It will be an all you can eat tapas thing, so plenty of low carb choices.
But I'm sure I'll want to try some of the higher carb tapas as well, and that's fine, it being a once in two years thing!
As a compromise to diabetes I requested to book an early timeslot (5:30) to give me enough time to get things stable again before bed, so I'll call it a win when everything will be back to normal by midnight, anything out of range before that doesn't count! :D

Looking forward to it!

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two slices middle bacon, two egg and cheese omelette, mushrooms and tomatoes for breakfast.
Two slices low carb toast and vegimite, lemon cordial and osmolax mix for smoko.
Tbone steak and veggies, gravy, green jelly half a small container of two fruits for lunch.
Cold meat and salad in low carb wraps for supper at six.

Blue cheese on crackers watching Ancient Aliens docco on Prime Video.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a DGF chocolate chip cookie.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a DGF millionaires shortbread.
Dinner: kedgeree made with cauli rice followed by SF cherry jelly and cream. (The pic shows the whole recipe, I didn’t eat it all!)

E55CF233-AE12-4B29-AE46-7CB3D452C8F4.jpeg

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Monday 21 February - bed 7.4 FBG 7.1

Last day of school holidays. Order restored to the cupboards & rugs properly shampooed.

B. 4 slices streaky bacon, 2 fried eggs and 4 santini tomatoes. TAG.

L. Coconut milk

D. Cold cuts - slice of mortadella, ox tongue, rare roast beef, coronation chicken, tomatoes, lettuce, waldorf salad, beetroot, coleslaw.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tuesday bed 7.2 FBG 7.3. Back to school and staggered start ended just when we have extensive road works! It was chaos this morning. Eldest had a senior school visit too that went very well. He was very animated about it.

B. TAG and these DD mini quiche again.
L. Coconut milk
D. DD chicken breast with garlic and parmesan. I also added some peppers and grated mozzarella and cut done on the cream. A little chicken stock too. Served with wilted spinach

Naughty - 2 M^S mint batons - no damage though.
20220216_101218.jpg
20220222_183019.jpg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: 1 slice wholemeal toast with butter.

Tea, tea, tea, tea

Lunch: coffee with cream.

Later: Yesterday I cooked some cavolo nero kale, collard greens style and there's a fair amount of that left and a couple of bits of the lamb steak to put in with it. Realised that the difference between a gigot chop and a lamb steak is that the bone has been removed from the "steak", making it much more likely to fall apart. Tasted fine though.

BG went a bit high this morning (13.9) before breakfast but came down to a more normal level after taking my basal dose, bolus dose before toast and having some tea. Currently 5.4.

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
mocha
lunch; chicken on wholemeal roll with mayo and a packet of low carb crisps (bad, bad, bad me, blaming husband sitting there eating his white toast and rich tea diet):(
dinner; omlette. raspberries, strawberries and cream. 90% lindt (somewhat better than lunch)

visit to morrisons this morning to stock up before isolation and husbands hospital visit. Wore mask for health reasons and so no one recognised me when buying white bread and rice:hilarious:

very exciting day, sister is popping in a new Simply Food M and S and she's going to see if they stock the elusive 'seedy crackers'.......if not I'm back to ordering the other!

jape

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
B: slice of toasted rye, scramble eggs (whole + egg white), cottage cheese
L: soup (tomato, red lentils, cauliflower rice, beef broth, coconut milk and various spices) (400g)
D: baked trout,(150g) peas (150g)
S: buttered bagel, apple (230g)
F: cofee(1.6l), water (1.6l)
I: Tresiba 40u, Novorapid 10u

RosemaryJackson

Hi all. skipped bf. L sausages with mayo and 2 buttered Ryvitas. Dinner hm soup with last of the turkey and lots of veg. Am still hardly losing weight so wondering if I'm not eating enough fat? I feel so wrong eating fat! For as long as Ive been overweight it's been NO FAT. Now it's encouraged!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Phew got home but a bit trapped in in Bewdley today - Bridge closed due to major flooding, even to pedestrians,and road by us is/was only way into and out of the town has just developed a burst water main so although it’s above the town it’s also now flooded! They are starting work just now- so crossing fingers they will manage to repair overnight or we will continue to be be on an island! At least got home from our caring visit and our home isn’t flooded. I feel so for those in our town are so badly affected yet again 3rd year running!
Food today:
Lunch left over frittata with some marinated artichoke and pepper followed by a few berries and hm yoghurt
Dinner venison meatballs in hm passata and 10g lc pasta plus a glass of dry red wine followed by Lc cake warmed and served with spoon of hm yoghurt.
Now I’m back home again - I’m back to more hm yoghurt production, I’m trying out different live bacteria and also experimenting with different methods cold start v scalding and cooling the milk.hoping to try making own soft cheese this coming weekend.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
mocha
lunch; seeded flatbread cream cheese, serrano ham, salad, protein bar,
dinner; roasted chicken breast, creamy mushroom sauce, peas and roasted tomatoes. raspberries and strawberries (which seem to be a bit more palatable as the year progresses - less white in the middle) and cream. 90% lindt

Thanks for the good wishes and yes the opposite of my diet for sure @DJC3 !

'll be carrying on with the usual low carb whilst the husband eats white toast with butter (one of the few things I miss)! To be honest he does the low carb with me, even though he's not diabetic and I don't think he's looking forward to any of it!
I loved white bread toasted. Of course, now I know it was the amount of sugar in it that made it such good toast.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks good to me @kevsta and welcome to the thread!

@RosemaryJackson it looks to me like you might not be eating enough at all so it could be your body trying to hold on to what it has. Also weight loss can be slow - mine certainly was at the start - so as long as you’re hitting your blood glucose targets and feeling satiated I wouldn’t worry too much.

For my part it was a very hungry day.

Don’t usually have breakfast but realised too close to when I needed to leave for an appointment that I really was hungry. Picked up 2 hard boiled eggs in M&S.

Was ravenous by the time I left the appointment and was very glad of the lamb breast I’d left slow cooking in the Instant Pot. That would normally do me for the day, but found myself hungry - and tired - so ordered a beef gymbox from German Doner Kebab.

Will hopefully return to normal tomorrow.

814B04BB-2C7F-466C-91A8-5A38E10A0A81.jpeg