What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Love the plate @Goonergal !
You had me worried there for a moment until I found her post!
She promised me the plate with the fishes over two years ago when we were going to meet in april 2020, but some little thing got in the way of that trip. It's not forgotten though, so I'm relieved you're referring to the plate with the plums. That one's nice too, but stay away from my fishes! :hilarious:

Today will be tomato soup (with very tasty meatballs in it!) from the freezer, with cream added. I'm hungry, but the thawing and heating is taking longer than I expected, should be almost ready now. :)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and an Atkins bar.
Dinner: ate out (family discount thanks to my son’s work place:)) mini mixed grill, chicken, gammon, sausage, egg, tomato, a few peas and six chips!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Skipped breakfast.
Quick visit into Bath. So many people!!! Too many for me.
L: 2 hard boiled eggs, camembert
Nap as still not sleeping well due to sciatica.
5pm 2 seedy crackers with camembert
6:30 walked 15 minutes out for dinner. Moussaka that had potato in, not much. Glass of red. 2 spoons of hubbys tiramisu. Coffee with cream. Bg up to 8.5. Max. Walk home again . Not bad :)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 7.2 FBG 6.7. It is REALLY wild here. Even younger grandson commented he's never seen rain batter the windows like that.

B. Just TAG
L. A DD lunch today wafer thin turkey breast, 1/2 avocado, lettuce and a spoonful of whipped cheese.

D. One of the Iceland shrimp with chilli and tomato. I added 1/2 a bag of cauliflower rice, 4 santini tomatoes, spinach and mushrooms.

My last DGF Christmas pie with last of the strawberries and a dash of cream.

Currently on a vodka and diet coke.

We had another very successful visit to the senior school with Mum & Dad late afternoon. They do an enhanced transition for certain children. Grandson fits the bill due to the severe anxiety he experienced but he is really taking to this.
20220223_184605.jpg

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Small piece of rib steak, two well done eggs, tomatoes, small portion of baked beans.
Nothing for smoko, just my lemon cordial / osmolax brew.
Red Rooster chicken, veggies, gravy, low sugar pineapple jelly for lunch.
Remnants of the chicken and salad in low carb wraps for supper at six.

Right out of blue cheese and pepper crackers, so no snack last night watching Prime.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Our Woolies online order just arrived, we scored a 1kg bag of Lychee's somehow, managed to snaffle six or seven before my partner grabbed the bag.

I think my daily carb quota has just gone to the wind...

AVLt0l3.jpg

qGNwDTm.jpg

Edit: Forgot the first pix.

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Tuesday bed 7.2 FBG 7.3. Back to school and staggered start ended just when we have extensive road works! It was chaos this morning. Eldest had a senior school visit too that went very well. He was very animated about it.

B. TAG and these DD mini quiche again.
L. Coconut milk
D. DD chicken breast with garlic and parmesan. I also added some peppers and grated mozzarella and cut done on the cream. A little chicken stock too. Served with wilted spinach

Naughty - 2 M^S mint batons - no damage though. View attachment 53518View attachment 53519
Yummy

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@MrsA2 take a look at the Bob and Brad YouTube channel for their sciatica exercises. I went into lockdown 1 with sciatica with no chance of seeing a physio and their videos really helped me. They’re a bit of a double act.

To stay vaguely on topic I’m currently downing my usual morning drink of iced water with fresh lime and pink salt.

Meal 1 will be on the move today as I have an appointment all morning and am then heading to work. Meal 2 is undecided as yet.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They're so easy to make as well. I oil the muffin case, line it with parma ham (bacon works too & cooked ham), put a chopped mini tomato in the case, pop in a muffin tin. For 2 muffins beat 2 eggs with a heaped dessert spoonful of mascarpone (or any other cream cheese) and season. It doesn't have to be smooth the lumps seem to make them puff up more oddly. 15 mins in the oven at 200C and that's it.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @Goonergal. I did wonder. But atm not hitting my bg targets. Was 8.2 this morning. 7.2 last night. My new IP was delivered last night! Now I have to learn how to use it. Skipping bf, Belly pork slices for lunch and tonight scrambled eggs with cream and cheese
If you've any questions on the IP, just ask. As you now know there are plenty of IP users on here. Well done on getting one so quickly.
I make low carb creme brulee in it frequently. Here's the recipe.

thehealingspoon.com/instant-pot-keto-creme-brulee/

I did adapt it. Monk Fruit sweetener is difficult to get here currently (some kind of hangover from EU rules) but use a granular sweetener. I also discovered with experimentation that inulin (which you can get online) gives that real creme brulee "crack" on top when you blow torch it!

The thing that confused me was the "slow release". Basically, it just means when you cook under pressure, once the timer ends, just leave it for the pressure to come down on its own. It takes about 15 mins but you can leave it for ages. You end up with wonderful tender meat. The lamb shoulder I cooked on Sunday was done that way

Reactions: Antje77 and Annb

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Goonergal. I did wonder. But atm not hitting my bg targets. Was 8.2 this morning. 7.2 last night. My new IP was delivered last night! Now I have to learn how to use it. Skipping bf, Belly pork slices for lunch and tonight scrambled eggs with cream and cheese

Welcome to the IP Owners' Club, DCUK Branch. :)

Do we now have to begin the air fryer offensive?

Breakfast was kefir, then with yoghurt to follow.

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
breakfast; low carb granola, a toasted slice of carbzone bread and butter
mocha
lunch; seeded flatbread cream cheese, salad, protein bar,
dinner; sausage, egg, tomatoes. raspberries, strawberries and cream. 90% lindt
mini bag of salted popcorn

AND IN OTHER NEWS..... I have four packets of the elusive M & S seeded crackers arriving courtesy of my Sister from the Birstall branch! Which is great as I'd just ordered some more from Olinas Bakehouse. Safe to say I'm crackered out for the foreseeable future:joyful:

RosemaryJackson

If you've any questions on the IP, just ask. As you now know there are plenty of IP users on here. Well done on getting one so quickly.
I make low carb creme brulee in it frequently. Here's the recipe.

thehealingspoon.com/instant-pot-keto-creme-brulee/

I did adapt it. Monk Fruit sweetener is difficult to get here currently (some kind of hangover from EU rules) but use a granular sweetener. I also discovered with experimentation that inulin (which you can get online) gives that real creme brulee "crack" on top when you blow torch it!

The thing that confused me was the "slow release". Basically, it just means when you cook under pressure, once the timer ends, just leave it for the pressure to come down on its own. It takes about 15 mins but you can leave it for ages. You end up with wonderful tender meat. The lamb shoulder I cooked on Sunday was done that way
thank you. I already have some Inulin. I will try it just as soon as I get my head round it, so expect lots of questions! As for the Air Fryer offensive, wait till I can cope with the IP @AndBreathe!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

I was looking at IPs - I have had an old pressure cooker for years, but it needs to be refurbished and I haven't managed to source the bits and pieces for it. The pot itself is stainless steel and immaculate, but it's all the bits that make it into a pressure cooker... I'm obviously out of touch because I think IPs are horribly expensive - at least online they are, and we don't have any other source here. So I am using old fashioned pots and pans with a small hob turned low for slow cooking (that or my old fan oven) and just forgetting the speedy systems.

BG has stayed high today for some reason and, so far, I haven't made soup. Might just have a steak with grilled cucumber for my 2nd meal. Can't be many carbs in that, and I don't feel like standing and chopping vegetables to make the soup. I could, of course, just push veggies through the food processor to slice them up (as Jamie Oliver does) but I'd still need to wash and peel, so probably not today. Not tomorrow either - I have an appointment at the hospital - medical clinic to check my breathing, liver, kidneys, fluids, thyroid, etc......

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lunch - omelette with mushrooms and peppers followed by hm yoghurt with a few berries and three squares of 90% chocolate
Dinner - pheasant in mushroom cream sauce served with cauliflower mash and a few peas also a glass of dry white wine followed by lc blondie with spoon of yoghurt.