What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and another carb killa bar.
Dinner out at Nando’s: 4 boneless chicken thighs with coleslaw.

View attachment 66843

I have Nando’s envy now!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and another carb killa bar.
Dinner out at Nando’s: 4 boneless chicken thighs with coleslaw.

View attachment 66843

I have Nando’s envy now!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 and @jpscloud I wish I lived near either of you, I’d gladly take out a subscription for your lovely fresh kefir.
I’ve been away in Birmingham for a few days meeting up with old college friends. We had some lovely meals, surprisingly the best steak ( actually one of the best steaks I’ve ever eaten out!) was in the Premier inn restaurant where we stayed. Really impressive.
Today started with goat milk kefir ( I’ve missed it)
Lunch was airfried salmon fillet with salad which included my latest batch of fermented cauli. Choc chia pud to follow.
D- gammon steaks from the super local pork farm. Grilled mushrooms, steamed kale and cauli cheese. 2 glasses l/c white wine and handful of almonds afterwards.
IMG_1711051176.049185.jpg

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That looks delicious @DJC3!

I had a large fry up breakfast at around 1pm with bacon, sausages, scrambled eggs, mushrooms.

2 glasses of kefir after breakfast.

Very full all afternoon after that so just had 2 packs of pork puffs and a handful of nuts later then a couple of montezuma's buttons. Those are so good for killing sweet chocolate cravings.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Late morning: coffee shop cappuccino.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: coffee shop coconut cappuccino and DGF orange chocolate eggs with a fellow forum member.
Dinner: salmon and peppercorn sauce with broccoli and cauliflower.

2024-03-21 19.17.35.jpeg

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tuesday 19 March - bed 7.1 FBG 5.9. I will not fall behind - repeat!

B. TAG and a quick slice of SRSLY bread with egg and salad cream. Benecol dairy free.

L. Nothing

D. Stuff needing eaten! A buratta, prawns with Marie Rose, veggie salad, a bit cheese, santini tomatoes, and 2 chicken drumsticks. A strange combo but I enjoyed it.

Gin & soda.

Wednesday 20 March bed 5.7 FBG 6.7. I came right down to 4.3 today. First time I've been in the 4's for ages. A bit of running about today. As well as encouraging grandson into school, teaching him, getting other grandson back and forward, son to a funeral, and the boys are here for dinner.

B. Boys wanted chilli, so we had chilli. I had it too with lettuce, tomato, salsa, smashed avocado, sour cream, cheese, and a LC wrap. There are kidney beans in there but not enough to make a huge difference. Scoop of Halo Top with raspberries.

I think I had a gin and soda too. Son is now looking at cars.
20240319_185532.jpg
20240320_185059.jpg

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wonderful day out today but did mean a late dinner
Early glass of kefir with my supplements before heading out
During the day a small pot of nuts and coffee shop flat white with a deliciously guilt free low carb chocolate orange and pecan egg
PXL_20240321_140507981~2.jpg

When back home small portion of hm chilli and LC garlic bread.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Had a lovely dinner at the Afghan restaurant.
If you ever visit the city of Leeuwarden, I highly recommend the mixed grill, skip the rice!

And don't do as I did.
Not only had I two of the amazing böreği (deep fried very thin filo dough filled with feta, yum!), but I couldn't resist the bread coming with the other starter of olives, hummus, zaziki and another tasty dip. Didn't have much of the bread, I had most of the dips with a spoon, there is no rule on not using a spoon for dipping as far as I know of.
Not regretting, and it looks like I'm coming down from shortly hitting 11 very nicely.

For drinks, I had a doogh, a yoghurt drink.
I think this restaurant adds some finely crumbled feta cheese to the drink, which is amazing, and I'm going to buy feta to try and replicate the effect with my kefir. :hungry:

Mains was a very generous mixed grill: small lamb chops, steak, and chicken, all perfectly grilled, done but juicy. And more than enough for a full meal with a little salad. I couldn't finish it, so I'll have some more of the meat tomorrow. :)

1711055573071.png

1711055587671.png

1711055601955.png

1711055624353.png

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wonderful day out today but did mean a late dinner
Early glass of kefir with my supplements before heading out
During the day a small pot of nuts and coffee shop flat white with a deliciously guilt free low carb chocolate orange and pecan egg
View attachment 66855
When back home small portion of hm chilli and LC garlic bread.

How did the flat white affect your BG? I used to love them but I seem to be particularly sensitive to milk spikes. ( or coffee shop coffee in general which is sad)

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Coffee and cream
Coffee and unsweetened almond milk
Porchetta and cherry tomatoes
Corned Beef
Cheese, gerkins and cherry tomatoes. ( didn't realise the Gerkins were so high.)
More cheese
Evening @filly. If you find a brand of gherkins that is low in salt and sugar, please let us know.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Think I might have missed a day or 2....
Today
Small yoghurt with chia seeds and blackberries
2 slices HiLo bread toasted with marmite and a little cheese
2 dgf cakes

Vegetarian guest
d: vegetable fritatta., green beans. Very small ice cream. Small brandy and soda. Carb eaters had crusty bread and butter

Emptying fridge ready for being away next week. The fritatta used up sad carrot, broccoli stem, cold cooked broccoli, end of dry cheese

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You can get sour gherkins. I found some in Asda and some in Morrisons, but not often. Try the Polish or European aisles. Trouble is they don't keep long when opened and tend to be large jars
Yes @MrsA2. I tracked down some Hungarian sour gherkins one Christmas. The family really enjoyed them. Unfortunately, they disappeared shortly afterwards, never to be seen again.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How did the flat white affect your BG? I used to love them but I seem to be particularly sensitive to milk spikes. ( or coffee shop coffee in general which is sad)
Deliberately didn't check it would probably have had an impact but was a treat - I normally stick to black - and had only had kefir and nuts until the coffee in the afternoon so felt I had some leeway. I knew too my only proper meal was going to be late.

Last edited: