What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all,

Today:

B: Two poached eggs topped with a knob of butter and avocado, seasoned with black pepper and a wedge of Teifi
(unpasteurised cow's milk cheese from Wales}.
Water to swallow tablet.
Double espresso.

L: Packed lunch made with leftover mushroom and spinach frittata
Celery sticks and baby plum tomatoes with chicory boats for scooping and a dollop of home-made mayonnaise for dipping.
Prawns and brown shrimps.
Almonds, hazelnuts and pecans.
Water to drink.

Mid-afternoon:black filter coffee

D: Smoked salmon and cream cheese salad made with lettuce, celery, baby plum tomatoes, salad onions, Halkidiki olives and Romano peppers, dressed with olive oil, lemon verbena and a touch of lemon juice, topped with walnut halves.
Water to wash down tablets.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Tried to do this as a reply to your post about the position of your home on the map but, as usual it won't let me do it.

@Antje77, do you happen to know where the shipyard to which Tom's ship went for dry docking would have been? It wouldn't have been far from Leeurwarden.

Early start today because I have a lemon cake to finish and some coconut and raspberry buns to finish. Dhal is finished and ready to go.

Breakfast will be bacon and eggs with some fried tomato.

I'll prepare a snack box to take out with me just in case BG drops too low during the day (h/b egg, ham, cheese and slices of cold sausage with some cucumber with a couple of oatcakes if I need to stop the drop).

2nd meal will be lamb steak with leeks - assuming that I am fit to cook when I get back home.

Last edited:

sueh21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all, back from a lovely break in Belgium. Stayed pretty much on track all week, couple of blips with a handful of frites and a tiny piece of croissant. Few glasses of red wine, lots of walking, feeling good. Hope all doing well.
Yesterday, travelling day
B Yog, blueberries,keto granola
L Cheese and ham salad and then a Kind bar stuck in traffic jam on M25
D Scrambled eggs,avocado, mushrooms, livlife toast

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Antje77, do you happen to know where the shipyard to which Tom's ship went for dry docking would have been? It wouldn't have been far from Leeurwarden.
Hard to say. There are and have been quite a lot of shipyards in and around Leeuwarden, it's close to the seaport of Harlingen.

Very odd day yesterday, foodwise.
I only started getting hungry late afternoon, but my BG was stobbornly on the highish side all day. So I decided to dose, finish a fence I'm adjusting while waiting for the insulin to start working, and eat something once I'd started to drop.
Not very good thinking of course, because once I was busy with the fence, I wanted to finish it first and predictably more or less forgot about the insulin I had injected.

Still, I managed to finish it, and caught the hypo at 3.7 so I had a winegum to treat.
By that time it was 6 pm, and I was more interested in a beer than in a sandwich, and the beer just happens to need about the same amount of insulin as a slice of LC bread, so hey ho.
Went to my neighbour for a second and a third beer, we both ate a sausage he had left over from the day before, then we shared the meat I had left over from the restaurant meal the day before, and then we had another beer and a glass of vodka and went to bed.

So I guess that was an accidental OMAD, keto, carnivore and low calorie day (if you ignore the beer and that one winegum)! :hilarious:
BG has been on the slightly higher side for the past couple of days, so for the first time since going on the Libre I turned off my phone for the night and took a break from diabetes to spare Tale and myself from annoying alarms.
I was reasonably sure I wouldn't go too low, and reasonably sure I wouldn't go ridulously high, considering the food I had, but it felt very much YOLO! :cool:

Twice in the few times I've spent the night with him we've been having those alarms all night, once because of a badly calibrated sensor and once because of recurring lows, so it was bliss to go to sleep knowing no alarms would happen. Tale asked twice if I was completely sure, and to not turn off my phone because of him, which I found rather touching.

Now I'm going to check how my kefir is doing, it should have been ready yesterday but then things happened and I wasn't home to do something with it.

edit: Woke up with a lovely 4.5, and a cup of coffee in the sun in the garden. What a good way to start the day!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hard to say. There are and have been quite a lot of shipyards in and around Leeuwarden, it's close to the seaport of Harlingen.
Harlingen sounds familiar. Maybe it was there.

Just back from the children's party and exhausted. Didn't need the box of food I'd taken "just in case" so will probably have that instead of the lamb for my 2nd meal. Then I can keep the lamb for tomorrow.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hungry day today so just went with it
Breakfast small kefir then two boiled eggs and LC roll
Lunch small portion of kimchi, two bits of cheese and five LC seeded crackers, then rhubarb and hm yoghurt then half a small lc Easter egg
Dinner hm curry and LC roti with coriander with a gin with soda water then LC chocolate brownie.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Looking for a recipe I've made before but didn't put in my CMT, and I think I learnt it on here.
It's a ridiculously easy sauce to go with - I think - cauliflower.
Something with feta and tomatoes in the oven, and after baking mashing it all up with a fork.

Does anyone know what I mean?

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Early yoga but came out ravenous so popped into town on the way back for bacon, but a bar of chocolate fell into the basket and got eaten in the way home too :nailbiting:
L: bacon and 1 fried egg
D: clearing the fridge slow cooked stew - half a chorizo sausage, half a jar tomato bolognaise sauce, 1 very sad carrot and half a sad savoy cabbage all cooked for about 8 hours yesterday then just reheated today. Was very tasty indeed.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Looking for a recipe I've made before but didn't put in my CMT, and I think I learnt it on here.
Something with feta and tomatoes in the oven, and after baking mashing it all up with a fork.

Could it be this one?
It was on @DJC3 cmt, I haven't tried it myself yet

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Could it be this one?
Yes, that must be it!
Now only to muster up the courage to actually cook, despite the slight hangover...
I think it will be tomorrow, it's past 8 already, so something quick and easy might be called for today.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

This one is a nice sauce. Obviously ignore the focaccia!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb H&B protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and another carb killa bar.
Dinner: same as yesterday but I did take a new pic!

2024-03-23 18.40.12.jpeg

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Coffee and cream x 2
Coffee and unsweetened almond milk
1 small chicken thigh
1 Gerkin
Pork Chop

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Friday 22 March - bed 7.6 FBG 7.7. This was a very good day. Things went well getting grandson back in school, he's engaging with his teachers, and he was out with his friends for ages after school. I even got him to do a S4 geometry exercise (he's S2), just to prove he could. I didn't tell him until he was finished. Whatever caused this, I'm hoping we're getting past it.

B. TAG

L. A bit of crustless quiche and Benecol dairy free

D. That Argentinian wild shrimp thing that I'm fond of making. I'm now just putting the pak choi in it. Grandson asked if we were having a feast when he saw all the prepped veggies ready for the stir fry.
Gin and soda. Scoop of Halo Top with raspberries.

Saturday 23 March - bed 7.1 FBG 7.2. I was shattered last night. I fell asleep sitting up. Up this morning to take son to test drive a car. I'd been busy booking theatre tickets for May and October's, so I informed him he can chauffeur us! He likes the car, so he's sorting it out on Monday.

B. Photo of breakfast today. TAG, benecol dairy free, and 2 slices of SRSLY toast with smashed avocado and poached egg.

L. Nothing - busy with son and cars, then my shopping.

D. Usual cold cuts. Roast pork, beef and ham from the butcher. Ox tongue, pork and egg, German mini sausage, coleslaw, veggie salad. Halo Top with raspberries.

I think an early night is called for.
20240322_192523.jpg
20240323_093322.jpg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Could it be this one?

I thought it sounded familiar! What a good memory you have.
I did try it and liked it @Antje77 but had completely forgotten about it since then.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B- h/m yoghurt and seeds
L- cold salmon fillet with butter mayonnaise then chocolate chia pud.
D- pizza night. Girls made scone pizza bases, I had Low carb food co base topped with ham, mushrooms and mozzarella.
IMG_1711225415.448678.jpg

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
As predicted, a very easy evening meal.
Despite being a bit hungover, I spent some two hours in the afternoon working in the garden to make a start with breaking down a fence that isn't needed anymore.
But that proved to be quite enough action for the day.

I still had the unbreaded schnitzels I wanted to use for that green curry that never happened, so I fried two of them with some salt, pepper and paprika, and had them on a slice of LC bread.
I added a smear of tapenade, which is made from tomatoes and olives, so I'm counting it as veggies. :hilarious:
Will have a midnight snack of chicory and hummus to at least have a little more veggies, which will have to do for today.

I'd like to spend another night with my neighbour but I have no idea if he would like so as well, and besides, I'd better do a night of more sleep and less alcohol. So I'll stay home and go to bed at a sensible time with only dogs and cats to keep me company. :angelic:

1711225759323.png