What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Brekkie yesterday was usual slice LC toast, cooled and thick butter, copious tea.
Lunch was two scrambled eggs with shavings of Parmesan on top.
Supper was chicken breast and cauli cheese.
Today same brekkie.
Lunch was Red Storm red Leicester with 5 pickled silverskins and 3 small water biscuits.
Supper will be chunky cod fingers with green veg.
Away tomo for long weekend in Bath with brother & SIL. @shelley262 I know you’re away in North Europe so have a lovely time. I think we are both in for some mixed weather. @Annb must remember to order some crispy bacon with scrambled eggs while we’re away! Am planning two meals a day if possible.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenguinMum enjoy your Bath Trip and hope you have some exceptional but low carb food.
Brunch today hm kefir then a two egg non folded omelette cooked with mushrooms in olive oil and small bit of Parma ham - served with some olives and three baby tomatoes.
IMG_20240424_132437 (2024-04-24T17_39_05.000)_kindlephoto-773556426.jpg

Then two strawberries with hm yoghurt
Mid pm had one of my keto 'wonky' chocolate eggs from Deliciously Guilt Free. Planning to share last ones tomorrow when out on a caring visit so can go back to not snacking - said with fingers crossed as we are soon to be on holiday!
Dinner slow cooked beef with some delicious Worcestershire asparagus from local farm shop plus glass of chianti.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and another carb killa bar.
Dinner: Spanish chicken with cauliflower, broccoli and carrots.

2024-04-24 19.47.17.jpeg

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and another carb killa bar.
Dinner: Spanish chicken with cauliflower, broccoli and carrots.

View attachment 67329
Yum Yum

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Very long and very enjoyable workday during which I had chicory and hummus (brought from home) and cheese (my skipper's) twice.

I had a plan for an evening meal with leek, cheese and shawarma meat, but after coming home at 7:15 pm, no motivation for cooking.

No problem, this new LC bread I discovered is really good so I had a slice and a half with fried pork, a fish mayo thing (bought), and very overripe (not for the faint hearted ripe) stinky Muenster cheese, with the leftovers of yesterdays salad. :hungry:

Will likely have some pork scratchings with aioli and a piece of 85% chocolate before bed.

1713990064803.png

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all,

Breakfast 11am
3 scrambled eggs
pork crackling

Intense day fighting with a polytunnel frame, ended up much later than I intended and slipped into a bit of a carb binge. Back to normal tomorrow! At least I swerved the takeaway that was calling my name, so that's something.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The good news is I have been chasing a pesky 2lb weight gain over several days, and it has now gone! I know that weight can and does fluctuate over a few pounds, but it rattles the chain from the days of calorie control, so it's good to see it GONE.
Congratulations @Outlier on your weight loss. Your LCHF way of eating has paid off!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: full fat yoghurt with milled seeds and 8 blackberries. Cwc
L: burger King double cheeseburger. Flipped a pattie so I could ditch the bun (which when separated looked so sad and synthetic, not like bread at all)
D: 2 big sausages , finished with a little red wine and a tin of sliced tomatoes, served with boiled cabbage. Tasted far better than it sounds. A hot chocolate with Baileys.

Have picked at a few walnuts and grapes through the day. Must keep the later in the fridge rather than in the side.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very long and very enjoyable workday during which I had chicory and hummus (brought from home) and cheese (my skipper's) twice.

I had a plan for an evening meal with leek, cheese and shawarma meat, but after coming home at 7:15 pm, no motivation for cooking.

No problem, this new LC bread I discovered is really good so I had a slice and a half with fried pork, a fish mayo thing (bought), and very overripe (not for the faint hearted ripe) stinky Muenster cheese, with the leftovers of yesterdays salad. :hungry:

Will likely have some pork scratchings with aioli and a piece of 85% chocolate before bed.

View attachment 67330
Muenster cheese is reputed to be the smelliest cheese in Europe @Antje77 so I can scarcely imagine how an over ripe cheese might pong. I should think it's empty-a-train-carriage strength!

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: Two poached eggs topped with a knob of butter, slices of avocado and 4 tiger prawns seasoned with a good grinding of black pepper.
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L: Courgetti alla puttanesca made with anchovies, Kalamata olives, capers, canned tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, butter, flat-leaf parsley and spiralised courgettes.
Braised cavolo nero with garlic and toasted almonds.
Water to drink.

D: Seafood salad made with brown shrimps and mussels, lettuce, Romano peppers, celery, baby plum tomatoes, Nocellara olives and salad onions, with a dollop of home-made aioli for dipping, topped with pecan halves.
Water to swallow tablets.

Omar51

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Seems the perfect solution. :)
Also the reason for the two threads with their distinctive purpose.

Just so I don’t derail this thread, today I have eaten
Breakfast : 4 walnut halves and a tablespoonful of Full fat Fage yogurt, black coffee x2
Lunch: slice of toast from Serious Low Carb loaf, (thank you to the regulars here, who informed me about this brand, it really has liberated me, a toast addict that had been feeling deprived) with butter, and a small piece of cheddar , decaf black coffee
Dinner : sea bass, pan fried in butter, with lemon and parsley garnish, green beans, sugar free tonic, with a slice of lemon, and an imaginary shot of gin. ;)

Lunch: salmon, steamed cauliflower, half slice of sourdough bread, 10 walnuts and a small cup black coffee.
Dinner: Tandoori chicken, again steamed cauliflower, half slice of sourdough bread, 10 walnuts and a small cup black coffee.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Couldn't get to sleep last night, so consequently woke late which made it easy to brunch at 11 before dancing class : 2 scrambled eggs with one reheated sausage chopped in.

Lunch time but not lunch: cwc and a handful nuts

D: half a cold sausage, then steak with cabbage and broccoli, cooked by hubby, very nicely. A glass red. Contemplating little yoghurt with chopped chocolate and nuts.