What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back from an amazing holiday and just did quick catch up. I'll just do a quick summary of meals plus some photos as I took them - before getting back to my normal tomorrow. I stayed broadly low carb kept well away from obvious naughty carbs and really enjoyed all my meals
Breakfast stuck to same everyday as delicious and filling. Had coffee with cream, smoked salmon to start and then a mushroom and cheese omelette with back bacon
PXL_20240502_060617821.jpg

PXL_20240502_061533184.jpg

Lunches mainly out and about so had little as powered up by my big breakfast but included for example a picnic in a park in Rotterdam Sat in the shade under a tree with my raincoat not needed so used as a picnic blanket
PXL_20240502_101902371-2.jpg

I also discovered some new Lindt chocolate in Hamburg and bought a few bars it's delicious and hope it finds it way over to UK
PXL_20240430_130551060-2.jpg

PXL_20240430_130659360.jpg

My main meals were three course starters of fish or soup
PXL_20240504_154950180-2.jpg

PXL_20240504_155808911-2.jpg

Main fish or meat with vegetables such as

PXL_20240504_161123998-2.jpg

PXL_20240502_161700007-2.jpg

PXL_20240429_101536698-2.jpg

I have more photos but just got message that I could only post 10 so at my limit. My puds were always the same some cheese and a few nuts. I feel very very spoilt and treated but back to normal life and cooking now!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Edited for typos
Mine was very mundane in comparison to the wonderful looking cruise food
Skipped breakfast
Sunny early walk to view the last of the bluebells
L: roast chicken, 1 chipolata , broccoli, green beans, few carrot, gravy (carb eaters had roast pots, Yorkshire, stuffing). Pud was orange sugarfree jelly made with greek yoghurt. No one ever spots its sugar free.
We were feeding fussy teenagers and was very pleased when they ate a lot

D: cold chicken with mayo, chipolata, cold green beans in olive oil, cucumber 2 tomatoes. 1 sq hm lc brownie
I glass white wine

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Surely you bought a huge crateful to share with all of us?...
Wished I had - I bought two bars to try ......maybe I need to go back to Hamburg. It was cheaper too than lindt in UK at 2.10 euros per bar .( Although maybe not as it's only 50g in weight - looks like same bar size but thinner and lighter)

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have you tried making fish cakes with tinned sardines? Very cheap - Just mash with 1/2 cup grated cheese and an egg and fry. I’m not keen on tinned sardines normally but I love these.
I'm inclined to agree @DJC3. I much prefer fresh sardines during their short season, but tinned sardines are tasty when made into fish cakes with bog standard Cheddar cheese.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: Two eggs scrambled in butter with a generous dollop of double cream, sautéed chestnut mushrooms and baby plum tomatoes, all seasoned with a good grinding of black pepper.
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L: Aperitif: dry white wine.
Baked whole sea bass, belly stuffed with sprigs of French tarragon and garlic, drizzled with olive oil.
Steamed samphire topped with a knob of butter.
Baked calabrese broccoli, cauliflower, leeks, onions, garlic and sweet red peppers.
Water to drink.
Skipped pud.
Four squares, Montezuma's Absolute Black 100% cocoa chocolate.

D: Salad made with anchovy fillets, eggs, avocado, lettuce, Padrón chillies, salad onions, lemon verbena and a touch of lemon juice, with a dollop of home-made aioli for dipping, topped with pecan halves.
Water to wash down tablets.

Omar51

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am kind of panoriod. Indeed food is medicine for me. I ate grilled eggplant and grilled asparagus. Half slice of sourdough bread. Two grilled chicken tikka legs. Some nuts and black coffee!

shalbi

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Diet only
Back from an amazing holiday and just did quick catch up. I'll just do a quick summary of meals plus some photos as I took them - before getting back to my normal tomorrow. I stayed broadly low carb kept well away from obvious naughty carbs and really enjoyed all my meals
Breakfast stuck to same everyday as delicious and filling. Had coffee with cream, smoked salmon to start and then a mushroom and cheese omelette with back bacon
View attachment 67477
View attachment 67478
Lunches mainly out and about so had little as powered up by my big breakfast but included for example a picnic in a park in Rotterdam Sat in the shade under a tree with my raincoat not needed so used as a picnic blanket
View attachment 67479
I also discovered some new Lindt chocolate in Hamburg and bought a few bars it's delicious and hope it finds it way over to UK
View attachment 67480
View attachment 67481
My main meals were three course starters of fish or soup
View attachment 67482

View attachment 67483
Main fish or meat with vegetables such as

View attachment 67484
View attachment 67485
View attachment 67486
I have more photos but just got message that I could only post 10 so at my limit. My puds were always the same some cheese and a few nuts. I feel very very spoilt and treated but back to normal life and cooking now!
It looks amazing haha im a bit jealous here with my asparagus..

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello all,

I had 3 slices of bacon with 3 scrambled eggs for breakfast

Packet of pork puffs

Coffee with cream

Beef mince tossed in the bacon fat from breakfast with cauliflower florets

I'll have some greek yogurt with cream for dessert.

Will try to catch up tomorrow!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My new avatar is a pic of an alium that appeared and flowered in my garden while I was away - very pretty delicate flower.
Got accustomed to eating early while away on hols so woke up hungry. I must work on extending my fasting period and moving to two meals again but will take a few days I'd imagine. Our bodies quickly get into new habits. I decided to split what I'd been having for a big breakfast into two meals to help
Breakfast small Kefir ( I left some in fridge and also woke my grains up yesterday so could restart production) then fried one slice of bacon and one egg.
I'd finished eating my last batch of hm fermented veggies before went away and need to start next batch but not a lot of time today so I made a quick cheats fermented kimchi. I bought a beetroot kimchi see photo below - put into one of my glass fermenting jars and added to it - a pinch of chilli flakes, garlic and grated some ginger root plus a bit of extra brine. I'm leaving it on worktop for a couple of days to accelerate the ferment but had some for lunch and it was delicious.
IMG_20240506_105956.jpg

Lunch some of my cheat kimchi with smoked salmon and a few salad leaves and tomatoes. For pudding I had a few strawberries and hm yoghurt ( made overnight from the last of the yoghurt left in fridge while away and surprisingly worked really well)
IMG_20240506_133047.jpg

Dinner roasted chicken with asparagus followed by LC Blondie and a few squares of my 100% chocolate orange bar. Going to try skipping lunch tomorrow and just have breakfast as out all day caring so will be distracted hopefully from any hunger while I'm trying to shift my habits!

filly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Coffee and cream x 2
Coffee and unsweetened almond milk
Cottage cheese
Cheese slices
Mozzarella
Smoked salmon small amount
Biltong 30g
Too much cheese today!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Woke with the dawn chorus - those b****y birds have a lot to answer for on a Bank Holiday grrr!
Meant i had a really early breakfast of full fat greek yoghurt, 8 blackberries and seeds and some leftover jelly dessert from yesterday
Then I got another migraine. So lost another morning snoozing in a darkened room

L: cold chicken and mayo. A nut bar

Later 3 proper biscuits at a relatives . No self control, not proud

D: hash of mushrooms, cooked chicken, carrots and broccoli (eg yesterday's leftovers). Added 2 small eggs.
A cc chocolate pot with cream, then another nut bar.

If anyone sees my self control , can they please send it back to me ASAP?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: coffee shop coconut cappuccino and a Aldi protein bar.
Dinner: treated ourselves to an M&S dining in meal. Prawn cocktail for starters then beef bourguignon with cavalo nero, samphire and peas with a drizzle of a lemon oil.

Edit to correct description of the lemon addition to the veg.

2024-05-06 19.43.27.jpeg
2024-05-06 19.51.29.jpeg

Last edited:

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: Two poached eggs topped with a knob of butter, avocado and crevettes, all seasoned with a good grinding of black pepper.
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L: Mushroom stroganoff made with portabella mushrooms, dried porcini mushrooms, onions, vegetable stock, white miso paste, tomato purée, paprika, garlic, olive oil, butter, flat-leaf parsley and soured cream.
Cauliflower rice with toasted cashews and peas.
Braised cavolo nero with garlic and toasted almonds.
Skipped pud.
Water to drink.

D: Seafood salad made with brown shrimps, mussels, shredded red cabbage, apple peel, celery, thyme and baby plum tomatoes with a dollop of aioli for dipping, topped with roasted macadamia nuts.
Water to wash down tablets.