What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Pringles are odd, arenkt they? Pretty unpleasant, really, but that wouldnkt stop me from chomping my way through huge numbers of them.

I agree, very unpleasant but also moreish! It’s as if your brain can’t believe it was really that bad so you have another to check. I’ve also crunched my way through most of a tube before realising I feel a bit sick but I’m still going!

Reactions: maglil55

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree, very unpleasant but also moreish! It’s as if your brain can’t believe it was really that bad so you have another to check. I’ve also crunched my way through most of a tube before realising I feel a bit sick but I’m still going!

And then they have a knock on hangover effect, too.
Or is that just me? ;)

Reactions: DJC3

Lowcarb 2

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Share what you've eaten today with the rest of the DCUK community and maybe steal a few ideas for yourself!

Please remember that this is the 'Low Carb Diet Forum' and that this thread isn't for low carb debates :)
oats natural yogurt and strawberries
Small ham roll soya yogurt
Snack pecan nuts
Chilli and salad

shelley262

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Breakfast half slice Hilo toast with fried egg
Lunch cheese and nuts plus Chocky from advent calendar with coffee
Dinner lamb steak, halloumi chips and mushroom sauce with glass red wine followed by lemon and lime mousse then coffee with some of my lc baileys made today - thank you @maglil55

Reactions: Pipp and maglil55

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pringles make great firelighters, though. Seriously, just hold a lit match to one and watch it go up. Is that the fat in them, or just the mush that is baked into them?

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday
Breakfast: Greek yogurt and walnuts, peppermint tea.
No lunch, apart from 2 decaff black coffees.
Dinner: tuna salad, mineral water. Evening: Almond milk.
Usual 2 litres of water

Today
No breakfast
Lunch: low carb muffin with butter and cheese. 2 decaff black coffees.
Dinner: Remains of rescued from grill fire , pork loin, (no I wasn't experimenting with pringles) stir fried red cabbage. Mineral water.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pleased you’re feeling better take care in the am it’s due to be icy - especially at the early hours you’re out there!
It was very icy here - I think I need a tri - ferrule for my crutch. Even with the spike it wasn't very secure and I was having to make detours to get off the black ice. The sand boxes that used to be everywhere to scatter on pavements are no more.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Pringles make great firelighters, though. Seriously, just hold a lit match to one and watch it go up. Is that the fat in them, or just the mush that is baked into them?

Haha really? We’ll definitely try that at Christmas!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Now you've made me want to try that but I don't have any in the house.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - protein peanut & chocolate bar with tea
Lunch - a chicken quarter with mayo
Dinner - just put cabbage, beansprouts, onions and mushrooms with king prawns in the wok for a stir fry. Will add a little drop of Nando’s sauce for some heat

I’ve just made too the salty chocolate treats off the dietdoctor website so once they’ve set I shall give one a try later. And if I love it, I’ll try really hard to stick to just the one :angelic:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It was very icy here - I think I need a tri - ferrule for my crutch. Even with the spike it wasn't very secure and I was having to make detours to get off the black ice. The sand boxes that used to be everywhere to scatter on pavements are no more.
Have you tried fitting a bit of cotton material over the ferrule? Such as a bit of sock? It helps with my walking stick when it is icy. Not that I go out much in the icy weather. An old lady neighbour used to wear a pair of socks over her shoes in icy weather to stop slipping. That is where the idea for the walking stick sock trick came from.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: cold roast chicken and pistachios with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: lemon chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: chicken, coconut and lemongrass stir fry followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

That sounds treacherous. Ive never heard of a ferrule, let alone a tri- ferrule, I hope you can find one.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Couple of days to catch up on. Doing this to calm down. I reckon I need to stop watching the news as I am seething at the political games being played. Fed up with the lot of them. Anyway rant over
Monday - bed 6.2 FBG 6.7. Can't say I felt brilliant so did an online shop for tomorrow.
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream. 3 rashers crispy streaky bacon, 1 97% pork chipolato, GF black pudding and a fried egg.
L. Was going to be nothing but ended up with a slice of ox tongue.
D. Very confused dinner. I had a M&S best ever burger left over so had that with mustard and a slice of jarlsberg melted on top. Had it with 3 rashers crispy streaky bacon, 4 Santini tomatoes, 1/2 avocado and a spoonful of prawn cocktail. Odd but I enjoyed it.

Was still hungry later so had 4 raspberries, 4 blueberries, cream and 2 bits Lindt 90%.

Today - bed 5.6 FBG 6.1. Very, very icy today. No 2 is a bit shocked. Online there is this PNP where you can personalise videos from Santa. I arranged a paid one for No 2 (only 3.99) as that lets you put more in and have Santa speak about the need to improve behaviour. Even better in the middle of it Santa asks the elves to dial a number as he really needs to speak to him about his behaviour. Then my mobile rang and you should have seen his face that it said Claus, Santa on the screen. It's a recorded message but they are so gobsmacked they just sit and nod their head and it ties in beautifully with the video. Think we've finally cracked him.
B. 3 M&S 97% pork chipolatos, 3 rashers crispy streaky bacon, slice GF black pudding, fried egg and 4 Santini tomatoes. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.

And that's it - nothing else apart from water. Been busy cleaning the nooks and crannies since everything is getting moved for the decorations. Seems sensible to take the opportunity to clean all the corners.

My online order isn't coming until tomorrow now. Drivers were off sick so they had to Re-book the deliveries.

Reactions: Goonergal

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That sounds treacherous. Ive never heard of a ferrule, let alone a tri- ferrule, I hope you can find one.
It's the rubber thing on the end of a crutch. You can get 3 legged ones but I don't know if you have to buy the crutch with it or if you can just buy the ferrule.

Just checked - you can just buy the ferrule. It's called a tripod ferrule.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening all,

Temperature still quite mild around here with about 10 degrees, but rainy and wet.

@DJC -- Thanks so much for your kind words. Today was a bit better, woke up to higher than usual numbers, but they started improving over the day.
@maglil55 -- I had to laugh about the Santa story. Would have liked to see No.2's face when your phone rang.
@shelley -- Love your Xmas jumper. Very festive.

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: Nothing.

Around 3.30 p.m.: Two whole eggs and two yolks (leftover from making macarroons) scrambled with cheese. Half a low-carb flatbread with butter. A glass of red wine. Still hungry after this, so had another small piece of flatbread with mayonnaise, beef salami and soft cheese.

Dinner: Another half piece of low-carb flatbread with butter and a Wiener sausage.

Reactions: Pipp and maglil55

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's the rubber thing on the end of a crutch. You can get 3 legged ones but I don't know if you have to buy the crutch with it or if you can just buy the ferrule.

I expect it will have more street cred than a sweaty old sock around a single ferrule! :hilarious:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

An early Christmas present to yourself then? And no more Baileys til you get it!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I expect it will have more street cred than a sweaty old sock around a single ferrule! :hilarious:
Even more hilarious is there are all sorts now. There are quad - ferrules , flexi - ferrules and I'm now found a gecko ferrule! - 4 feet, green and black with rubber things on the bottom of the 'legs'. I thought too is was as simple as spiked or not spiked.

Reactions: DJC3